What anime are you watching?

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
Recently started the watching Neon Genesis Evangelion (the 26 episode series). Good so far, but its no Cowboy Bebop, which is great IMO and am surprised it took me so long to discover it (thanks to my brother).

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Evangelion's amazing, it kinda changed my life, maybe?
It's the kind of show where if you're not an introvert you probably won't think it's all that great. Having talked to others fans, it also seems watching it at The Right Time In Your Life has a bit to do with it as well. That time is usually in a person's late teens.
Do yourself a favor and watch The End of Evangelion when you've finished the show. The show's ending/final episode is brilliant contrary to what a lot of people say, but so is the movie - lots of great scenes.

That's interesting. I have only heard the original dub/music. I'm going to have to check out the english dub/soundtrack! Great show.

As a disclaimer I'm definitely in the minority. Here's an example of the English ending:

I dunno, during the show itself I feel the sound just totally jives with the post-apocalyptic atmosphere. The English voices have that rare quality of 'not good, but just bad enough to be good', if you know what I mean.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Since Crackle doesn't have more Madoka past episode 3, I decided to start watching Oreimo, another hyped anime I missed out on. So far, I'd say it's a cliched message presented in a tacky way, but it's cute and well-made. It's entertaining, so I'll watch the whole thing.

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
Evangelion's amazing, it kinda changed my life, maybe?
It's the kind of show where if you're not an introvert you probably won't think it's all that great. Having talked to others fans, it also seems watching it at The Right Time In Your Life has a bit to do with it as well. That time is usually in a person's late teens.
Do yourself a favor and watch The End of Evangelion when you've finished the show. The show's ending/final episode is brilliant contrary to what a lot of people say, but so is the movie - lots of great scenes.

Don't worry I will. Watched a couple more episodes today, still only about 6 episodes in, but it starting to grow on me. I'll definitely see it through to the end.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Watching Witch Hunter Robin at the moment and then onto Wolf's Rain :buttrock:

I have both DVD sets and were very good series. [adult swim] first showed them awhile back which was the reason to get the DVDs for me ;)

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Any thoughts on City Hunter?

I got the first series on DVD. If anyone wants to comment on the other series, go for it.

In related news, I finished watching Yu Yu Hakusho - I had it playing as background noise most of the time. I ended up liking the last two story arcs more than I did when I was younger, although it still seemed silly for Yusuke to have trouble with humans after fighting Toguro.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Currently watching D-Gray Man

Finished Claymore and Darker than Black, which were both basically x-men style, Jojo, everyone has a distinct super power stuff. Shouldn't have watched them back to back.

Planning to watch Last Exile next.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

Finished Claymore and Darker than Black, which were both basically x-men style, Jojo, everyone has a distinct super power stuff. Shouldn't have watched them back to back.

I really liked claymore, how she grew full of rage by the end was entertaining to say the least :D

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
i actually just got done catching up with the re-release of Hunter x Hunter by Madhouse

definitely doing the series justice this time around

i haven't looked up to see how far into the series they're going to go, but after what i've seen so far, the longer they go, the better

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member

I loved Darker than Black. Did you catch the sequel and the OVA as well?

D.Gray Man is good fun. I've watched the first two half seasons.

I'm watching Bakemonogatari, Touch and Gunparade March these days. Yes, that's the Bakemonogatari that costs $150 for 15 episodes on Blu-ray...

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
also forgot to mention i started to watch Sword Art Online on a whim and ended up loving it

it's about how 10,000 (or some number like that...) players get trapped in a virtual reality MMORPG

does a really cool job of merging the two realities into one

i'd suggest it

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I loved Darker than Black. Did you catch the sequel and the OVA as well?

D.Gray Man is good fun. I've watched the first two half seasons.

I'm watching Bakemonogatari, Touch and Gunparade March these days. Yes, that's the Bakemonogatari that costs $150 for 15 episodes on Blu-ray...

I think Darker than Black was good, but I shouldn't have watched Claymore right after it. The super powers thing spread around so many different characters shouldn't be marathoned. I also thought that Darker than Black was good until the OVA switched gears on it. The character of Suo was too Sailor Moonish when she activated her power. It was silly. And it weakened the second season a lot.

The animes that I had the most fun watching over the past year were Fate/Zero, Fate: Stay Night, and Hunter x Hunter.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Any thoughts on City Hunter?

I got the first series on DVD. If anyone wants to comment on the other series, go for it.

In related news, I finished watching Yu Yu Hakusho - I had it playing as background noise most of the time. I ended up liking the last two story arcs more than I did when I was younger, although it still seemed silly for Yusuke to have trouble with humans after fighting Toguro.

I actually dig the City Hunter series, watched most of the TV series and almost done with all of the OVA/movies. I also liked the "alternate universe" spinoff Glass Heart as well, but I think I got blasted for that in another thread, so take what I say about it with a grain of salt.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I watched a few episodes of Code Geass and promptly realized what a turd it was. No wonder it is so popular, most people who watch anime are pretty lame anyway.

Started season 2 of Last Exile. A bit childish compared to the first season (which I adore), but I think it'll be a worthwhile watch overall.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Watching Witch Hunter Robin at the moment and then onto Wolf's Rain :buttrock:

Wolf's Rain is unreal, loved it from beginning to end. Outstanding soundtrack as expected from Yoko K.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I just watched the Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva movie, and it was awesome! I love that the same voice actors did Layton and Luke, and the score is just like it's from one of the games.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Watching Birdy the Mighty currently. The selection around here is painfully small, and if I order online I'd be gone before stuff arrives.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
First Gundam. The newer US release with the Japanese audio and other fixes. I'm listening to it in English. I already have the original English dub only DVDs. Eh. I got this for Christmas.

After that, Zeta Gundam. The two newer brick packs with 5 discs each and improved subtitles from the dual-disc sets. I already have the big box set with the little figures and horrible subtitles, but one of the discs is totally borked. I hope my new brick sets completely work. I also got this for Christmas.

After that, Char's Counterattack. You know, to close out the series. I've had this movie for years.

I might sneak in 08th MS Team, too. I've also had this for years. Still, I'd rather make sure the new Zeta Gundam discs work.

New anime generally doesn't appeal to me. I think the newest thing I have is the Haruhi movie. Other than that, it's been rereleases like these Gundam sets and the newer Rightstuf Utena sets for me. I have to pick up Maria Watches Over Us season 4, though. I really like that series. Maybe I'll get it with Panty and Stocking on blu-ray. I watched a few episodes of that earlier this year or last year, and it was fun.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Started watching Psycho-Pass since it's from Production IG and I have loved pretty much everything they have done, the show so far is almost like Judge Dredd