What anime are you watching?

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
It was the complete opposite for me, I found it really underwhelming and didn't enjoy it at all. To the extent of where I didn't watch the whole series. I really can't see how people like it - and I do want to like it, but it just doesn't work for me.

---

Recently I just started watching K-ON and, I'm up to episode 4 and must say that I'm not really into this either.

I heard the music to the series before I ever watched it and whilst the music is great the anime is far from it.

I thought that post lucky star, Anime series would do the Moe stuff a little tongue in cheek, but that seems not to be the case.

The series that I recently liked the most was Haruhi - (although I have only seen the 1st season and am not inclined to see the 2nd). I thought Haruhi was very well done, especially with the mixed up episodes, which I hate how they reordered them for the US release.

It seems like GL is a hit-or-miss for everyone. About half of my friends loved it and the others lost interest within ~10 episodes. I personally enjoyed it in the hot-blooded giant mecha tradition.

As far as Haruhi, I've always been forewarned of the "Endless Eight", so I watched the recommendation of a friend: I watched the entire first season in the ORIGINAL order, then jumped straight to "Disappearance" (the movie) with the knowledge of what happened in season 2. Honestly, just knowing that Endless Eight exists/the premise behind it and two more plot points are enough to understand Disappearance, which after watching the series before hand, ended up being my favorite movie I watched in the last year, anime or no.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It was the complete opposite for me, I found it really underwhelming and didn't enjoy it at all. To the extent of where I didn't watch the whole series. I really can't see how people like it - and I do want to like it, but it just doesn't work for me.

---

Recently I just started watching K-ON and, I'm up to episode 4 and must say that I'm not really into this either.

I heard the music to the series before I ever watched it and whilst the music is great the anime is far from it.

I thought that post lucky star, Anime series would do the Moe stuff a little tongue in cheek, but that seems not to be the case.

The series that I recently liked the most was Haruhi - (although I have only seen the 1st season and am not inclined to see the 2nd). I thought Haruhi was very well done, especially with the mixed up episodes, which I hate how they reordered them for the US release.

Thank you.

Can I get recommendations for anime that isn't faggotshit like Gurren Lagann? I enjoyed Berserk!, Speed Grapher, Death Note, off the top of my head.

We need a kiddie forum for the kiddie anime fans.

Kristian - baseball sucks.

Jacen

Rugal's Thug
Fate Zero is the best show going around currently and its definitely not a kiddie show . Though if you didn't like Gurren Lagann you are pretty hard to please.

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
Fate Zero is the best show going around currently and its definitely not a kiddie show . Though if you didn't like Gurren Lagann you are pretty hard to please.

Fate/Zero is the one of the only shows that I've picked up this season, as well as Mawaru Penguindrum and Hyouge Mono (which I count as this season because the subs are still slowly trickling out...).

Fate/Zero is beautiful, brutal and epic. Definitely sticking with it until the end.

Penguindrum is fucked up. Not in the sense that everything is weird and surreal, which it mostly is, but in that every character is pretty twisted. I keep watching it because it's like seeing a 20-car pile up, but the people are still crawling out of the wreckage and someone might survive. I want to see some kind of good ending come out of this, but it looks pretty bleak right now. At least it has had more than its fair share of twists and turns...

I tried to pick up Gundam AGE, but I haven't kept up with it since the first episode. I've been watching Z Gundam instead.

Jacen

Rugal's Thug
I tried to pick up Gundam AGE, but I haven't kept up with it since the first episode. I've been watching Z Gundam instead.

I watched a little bit of the first episode and was turned off by it immediately. Seems like a kids show.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I watched a little bit of the first episode and was turned off by it immediately. Seems like a kids show.
Gundam AGE? Guess what? It is a kids show. That's kind of the point of it.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Watched all of R.O.D. the TV almost in 1 sitting between yesterday and today. So good man, lots of action, great photography, good music, great writing, and it's really nice that the 3-part OVA transitions seamlessly into the TV series. Using information and culture as a way of propagating an empire is also very nice, as it finally bridged the gap between real life and fiction — information had always been used as a means of bringing colonies or spheres of influence to extend the reach of real-life empires.

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Finished watching D. Gray-Man Season 1 & 2. Just hoping for an English release of Season 3 & 4. Fantastic series so far.

Just waiting for Code Geass Season 2 in the UK to be released and will be watching Season 1 & 2 back to back.

For now I'm going to watch Eureka Seven The Movie, Evangelion 2.22 and then Gurren Lagann :buttrock:

pandyra

Mr. Big's Thug
Just re-watched some Shangri-la. The beginning and end are sort of questionable but the middle is full of delicious gooey crazy awesome. I'm thinking of picking up Narutaru and Bokurano next, because dammit Madoka just hurt so good.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Finished Baccano! two days ago, bought the set totally blind and it was a lot better than expected. Starts off a bit slow but gets good pretty fast. Watched the whole thing in english which was a first for me and the dub is pretty decent. The whole setting and the characters are pretty cool and this whole "Pulp Fiction"-like time jumping storytelling makes it even more interesting.

Its just sixteen episodes so you can get through the whole thing pretty fast.

Probably another one of those anime who did really bad in Japan but were quite popular in the west (Cowboy Bebop, The Big-O I'm looking in your direction...)

The "second" season was a fucking joke, you should skip it and watch the Disappearance movie instead.
I watched three episodes of endless eight and felt like smashing my monitor in.

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Finally watched Berserk this past weekend after all the talk about it here recently, and my wife and I watched Nemo in Slumberland yesterday; I'd almost forgotten how amazing that movie was, like a Ghibli, but a little darker.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I finished Blue Exorcist recently and will finish Star Driver today. Sekirei 2, Kimi Ni Todoke and shit like that is in my immediate backlog.

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
I am giving Naruto on last chance and will be skipping all the filler BS. Its on my Netflix and surprisingly its in original JPN so Naruto's voice will be more tolerable... I think:eek_2:

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
I finished watching these anime DVD's recently,

Demon City Shinjuku
Dirty Pair OVA series boxed set
Mobile Fighter G Gundam complete collection 1 boxed set
Ranma 1/2 Digital Dojo season 1 boxed set
Read or OVA/TV series blu-ray boxed set
Trigun Badlands Rumble movie

DVD's I need to finish are,

Escaflowne series boxed set
Grave of the Fireflies
The Slayers seasons 1,2&3 boxed set
Trigun series boxed set

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
The Big-O I'm looking in your direction...

Big-O did suck, I didn't like it at all.

However, doesn't stop the Big-O from looking awesome.

edit: be nice if I actually finished my post. I'm on a Studio Ghibli kick right now, watching Grave of the Fireflies as I type.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Second season isn't all that good but I still like the style of it. Maybe its just not sugoii-kawaii-desu shit enough for you? The series is great.