What anime are you watching?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Been watching The Boondocks, almost done with the third season. It's enjoyable, but the whole racism thing is pretty monotonous.

I feel like I'm missing a lot of stabs at American media that I've never heard of, probably because it's stuff that needs to be stabbed at. I'll finish the third season but I'm not holding my breath for another.

I wouldn't sweat it. Only people who seem to get it are the hipsters, who feel like they really understand what blacks go through.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
There's no reason to assume that. The US and UK Eva rebuild Blu-rays were exactly as good as the JP releases.

There is with the Ghibli releases unfortunately, there was a comparison on some AV board a while back regarding nausicaa and I actually picked up the UK version of nausicaa too and was not impressed.

It related to the attempt to mute / remove the grain - I think the US version may have been better.

They did the same back in the day with the DVD releases, so I picked up the JPN versions of those.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Only people who seem to get it are the hipsters, who feel like they really understand what blacks go through.

FUCKING THIS! It irritates me to no end when a white person tells me a black person in America still doesn't go through shit. I made the mistake of arguing with a blonde white girl when she told me she knew what black people went through. I pretty much cut off all ties with her after that.

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
High School of the Dead just got added to netflix, so I'm gonna try to finish that when I have the time.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Sunrise made Mobile Suit Gundam Movies I:

Movie II:

and Movie III:

Available streaming legally Pfhor Pfhree on YouTube. Subtitled, not dubbed. HQ.

Last edited:

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Just finished up Gurren Lagann and all I can say is I can see why everyone always made a big deal about how good it is. One of the few series I have watched that lived up the the hype. The characters were all very engaging, the story was great and kept throwing more at you (no dull spot except episode 16 but that was just an art in-between ep), and it didn't shit on itself with the ending. Easily one of my new favorites and will be getting a repeat viewing VERY soon.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I loved Michiko é Hatchin; the South American setting, culture, and attitude made it unique. I just wish that it would get released in NA on bluray (Gurren Laagan too; don't understand why it's not considering how popular it is/was???)

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
I'm watching Ninja Scroll and Macross Plus right now . . . they're some of my favorite anime.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Been watching The Boondocks, almost done with the third season. It's enjoyable, but the whole racism thing is pretty monotonous.

I feel like I'm missing a lot of stabs at American media that I've never heard of, probably because it's stuff that needs to be stabbed at. I'll finish the third season but I'm not holding my breath for another.

Some of my fav episodes are from this season, the "Tyler Perry" episode, "Red Ball" and Don DC Curry and Star Jones as Uncle Rukus's parents was great. The hours of discussions me and a friend have had about different episodes have been insane

On topic=

Supernatural: The Anime

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I picked up the Transformers: The Headmasters set. For under $20, it was hard to pass up, even though I'm not a huge fan of the Japanese TF shows. This is my first time watching it subtitled, and that honestly does help a lot from the shitty dub I'd seen before. Still not great by any means, though. As flawed as Rebirth was, I prefer it over the Headmasters series by a pretty great distance.

Still, I'll probably get Masterforce and maybe Victory, if they come out this cheap. They don't feel like Transformers, but they're kind of an interesting curiosity as their own thing. It always struck me ironic that Japan could mess up Transformers about as bad as the US could mess up stuff like Macross.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
key_art_cross_game.jpg

I'm still watching the amazing Cross Game on Hulu Plus through my Roku 2 XD. Can't quite figure out how I managed to live this long without this show. Anyone who likes a good drama with proper amounts of humour and tons of baseball needs to go to Hulu and check this shit out.

Nomo likes it too!

nomo.jpg

X

Y,
Steins;Gate

Steins;Gate. One of the best series I have seen in a very long time.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
High School of the Dead just got added to netflix, so I'm gonna try to finish that when I have the time.

Thanks for that. Added to my queue. In fact, I'll watch it right now!

Edit: Not too shabby. Will try and watch the rest of it when I get the chance.

Last edited:

YdoUask

n00b
Just finished the new Higurashi OVA, going to watch TWGOK OVA next. Trying to kill time till Mirai Nikki/Persona 4 next season.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Watching Rocket Girls. Aside from the lousy CG, and the improbable story, it's not actually half bad. It feels like an advertisement for the Japanese Aeronautic Space Agency or summat.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Macross Plus...the OVA, or the movie? Loved 'em both, but I prefer the movie personally.

Sorry for the late response Andy. I've only seen the OVA (the english dubbed version) and loved it. I need to check out the movie though (I'm excited to check it out). I also listen to MP's soundtrack alot, especially Myung's song.

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
It's all good, I was just curious.

The soundtrack is amazing, though. Back in the days before the advent of wide availability, the Macross Plus OSTs were the first anime OSTs I ever bought (after managing to find them in a CD store at the mall, which blew my mind in and of itself). Easily one of my favorite soundtracks to anything ever.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
It's all good, I was just curious.

The soundtrack is amazing, though. Back in the days before the advent of wide availability, the Macross Plus OSTs were the first anime OSTs I ever bought (after managing to find them in a CD store at the mall, which blew my mind in and of itself). Easily one of my favorite soundtracks to anything ever.

Yeah, I don't think I've seen many anime soundtracks at places like Sam Goody (especially back in the day). That's a rare find.

MP's OSTs are a favorite of mine as well.

irvsmoot

Cheng's Errand Boy
I've been slowly picking through the original Urusei Yatsura TV series as the DVDs trickle in from Netflix. I've been really enjoying it adn I love that early 80s art style. Pretty soon I'm planning on pulling out my Hades Project Zeorymer LDs and rewatching them.

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
Cowboy Bebop.

Currently on an anime binge these days, I've got a couple more series lined up after finishing with Cowboy Bebop.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Just finished up Gurren Lagann and all I can say is I can see why everyone always made a big deal about how good it is. One of the few series I have watched that lived up the the hype. The characters were all very engaging, the story was great and kept throwing more at you (no dull spot except episode 16 but that was just an art in-between ep), and it didn't shit on itself with the ending. Easily one of my new favorites and will be getting a repeat viewing VERY soon.

It was the complete opposite for me, I found it really underwhelming and didn't enjoy it at all. To the extent of where I didn't watch the whole series. I really can't see how people like it - and I do want to like it, but it just doesn't work for me.

---

Recently I just started watching K-ON and, I'm up to episode 4 and must say that I'm not really into this either.

I heard the music to the series before I ever watched it and whilst the music is great the anime is far from it.

I thought that post lucky star, Anime series would do the Moe stuff a little tongue in cheek, but that seems not to be the case.

The series that I recently liked the most was Haruhi - (although I have only seen the 1st season and am not inclined to see the 2nd). I thought Haruhi was very well done, especially with the mixed up episodes, which I hate how they reordered them for the US release.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
You should look at series other anime fans hate. Lagann and K-On! are some of the most popular series in recent years.