What anime are you watching?

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
I am probably going to start the Kancolle anime soon, but I hope it's not just a moeblob mess.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Got a copy of Akira 25th Anniversary on Blu Ray today from Amazon, its been a couple years since I watched, I am hyped to watch it this weekend in HD.

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
Akira on BD is great! The first time I saw it was a rented VHS from blockbuster.

I'm currently watching Bleach with the little one ( just got into the Arrancar arc which is pretty good ). My wife and I are watching Psycho Pass season 2 and Kill La Kill.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I am probably going to start the Kancolle anime soon, but I hope it's not just a moeblob mess.

I've caught up on all the episodes so far. I originally put it on just to see how the battleship thing worked and how they'd explain it, and it ended up really sucking me in. It's mostly typical anime fare with cleavage shots and whatnot, but there is a serious undertone to it and I've come to really look forward to the new episodes, far more so than the other current shows I'm watching (Jojo and Durarara). If you can handle the tongue in cheek stuff and slice of life, it does actually get pretty good and funny at times.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Finally picked up and watched Ghost in the Shell: Arise Vol. 4 which I guess is the last in the new series. As someone who read the manga growing up it was interesting to see someones take on the creation of Section 9 and most of those main characters. It made me want to watch the TV show again although I still need to watch the 2nd season. Part of me wants to keep waiting for the Blu-ray version to finally get a state side release though.

yzrider926

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Picked up Akira, Ghost In The Shell, My Neighbor Totoro, and Kiki's Delivery Service on blu ray off of Amazon. Got the Ghibli films for the kids, already watched Totoro half a dozen times it seems since Friday. My daughter wanted to watch Kiki's Delivery Service last night.

fluxcore

Another Striker
I have been absolutely blasting through Kuroko no Basuke. I'm only a couple of episodes off being current, and that makes me sad :(

Oh, and keeping up with Jojo's. I've actually been really disappointed with the journey to Egypt arc, a lot of just stupid stuff. But the appearance of D'arby reminded me of why I loved the earlier arcs so much!

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Oh, and keeping up with Jojo's. I've actually been really disappointed with the journey to Egypt arc, a lot of just stupid stuff. But the appearance of D'arby reminded me of why I loved the earlier arcs so much!

That doesn't make sense.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
I've caught up on all the episodes so far. I originally put it on just to see how the battleship thing worked and how they'd explain it, and it ended up really sucking me in. It's mostly typical anime fare with cleavage shots and whatnot, but there is a serious undertone to it and I've come to really look forward to the new episodes, far more so than the other current shows I'm watching (Jojo and Durarara). If you can handle the tongue in cheek stuff and slice of life, it does actually get pretty good and funny at times.

Thanks for the review! I really enjoy a well done slice of life anime so I will make sure to set aside some time for this then.

yzrider926

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Almost done with the first season of Gundam OO. Gundam the Origin I is being delivered today, so I should be watching that in the next night or 2.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I managed to snag the out of print Persona 4 Collection 1 Blu-Ray for $40 when they very suddenly re-appeared on Amazon last week for about an hour, so I'm happy about that.

Looking forward to seeing if they fixed the QUALITY from the broadcast copy.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I managed to snag the out of print Persona 4 Collection 1 Blu-Ray for $40 when they very suddenly re-appeared on Amazon last week for about an hour, so I'm happy about that.

Looking forward to seeing if they fixed the QUALITY from the broadcast copy.

If anyone else is looking for a copy of this RightStuf still has copies of Vol. 1.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Finally got around to watching part 2 and 3 of Berserk Golden Arc Saga a couple of days ago. Got me reading Berserk again :)

rgarla.tn550

New Challenger
I watched Macross: Do You Remember Love. It was absolutely fantastic. Anyone else here big fans of macross? It was the first mecha show I ever could get into.

Last edited:

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Bloodborne on PS4 because I hate my life... and a side of Cowboy Bebop Complete Collection on Blu-Ray!!! Gonna give the UPS dude an Abba Zabba!!!!

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Finished the Persona 4 anime on blu-ray. Was a little disappointed there is no Japanese audio option. Apparently, it was a licensing issue for the Blu-Rays, but the DVDs still have them.

Anyways, re-watching Great Teacher Onizuka because it's great.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I finished the new Golgo 13 TV show yesterday, it was ok. It's worth watching once but given that each episode is a different story I can't see myself re-watching ever. The old OVA and movie were way better.

04/26/15
Cross post from here.

I just saw that there's a official Wicked City record coming out this summer. I'm not a record guy but figured someone here might be interested.

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I've recently gone back to an oldie but a goodie with the kids: Fables of the Green Forest.

Also, Michiko to Hatchin, which is one of the best imo, especially for those that like that Shinichiro Watanabe flavour.