SOCOM4 anyone?

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
damn no socom4 thread yet? no interest at all? :(

I'm picking this up this month instead of MK as marvel is still fresh to me and its been a few years since I got into some socom fun, one of the only online shooters to suck me in since the quake trilogy.

This game might be overshadowed by its competition, but I've been dying for a HD full featured socom title with all the current gen trimmings, just having a socom game with alot of players and no slowdown would be awesome :)

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Let me know how it is. I am interested, but I am trying to cut down on game purchases, so I don't want to get it unless it's really good. I tried the last Socom (the one by Slant Six), and I have to say, I was not a huge fan.

I did play a fair amount of MAG though, so I know Zipper probably made a solid game.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
well the single player is certainly pretty different for socom, very high action and quite cinematic, but still has the squads and stuff from socom.... I still think I enjoy the old slow pace sneaky socom singleplayer more but its pretty fun and not bad by any means.

multiplayer is socom with all the current gen trimmings which is exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunatly I cant comment much further than that as I barely got to try it before PSN went down, only have a few rounds under my belt :(

Pat505

War Room Troll
I've been a huge Socom addict since 2 but Confrontation with the lack of communication with friends and you could not mute people in game ruined the fun. I don't play games to hear little kids call people N-bombs every second amongst all the other kid talk.

I wonder how people like the online after they get the chance to try it cause I don't buy socom for campaign mode that's for sure

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
ahh finally got a few hours into socom4 online. pretty fun, I'm sure it will have issues that will come and go with patching and it could really use the incoming party system, but overall I am having alot of fun with it.

you can indeed mute people, and you will probably want to, I like the games and all but the people these military shooters attract are fucking annoying.