Buying stuff form Japan these days

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Serious question, what do all of you think about the chances of games coming from Japan having radioactive contamination? I know most of the import shops on eBay and such are located around the Tokyo area. I have seen a lot of people second guessing about buying items from Japan lately, and I have no knowledge on the subject. Do you think that people are just believing media and being ignorant, or keeping themselves safe?

SSS

neo retired
get some lead foil and wrap it around your head and nether regions

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
What is this, the fifth time this has come up?

People are so damn paranoid. Think of this: 12km around the Fukushima plant have been evacuated. This means that no one in the direct vicinity of the damn reactor is in the possession of game related stuff. They are living elsewhere... or, unfortunately, dead. Do you think the survivors had time to take any videogame related items during evacuation?

So the chance of someone selling you a contaminated item is slim to none, but even if you were to get a contaminated item, you're not going to be rubbing it on your skin, are you? The amount of what would be secondary radiation contamination probably wouldn't even be harmful in the long term even if you bathed in irradiated Neo carts.

Can we put this baby to bed?

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
This hysteria is getting ridiculous.

I just bought a cart from Japan, it glows with a sickly green light in the dark, and once I caught it moving about the flat.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
As long as it isn't spinach grown in Fukushima half a mile away from the plant, I wouldn't be worried about a possible contamination of goods ordered from Japan.

Maybe we should sticky one of those threads to avoid further repeats...

Flagshiphero

Crazed MVS Addict
Be very careful! there already have been reports of contaminated containers arriving in various ports around the world, from japan.

it's up to you if you still buy stuff from japan in the end. I'm not.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Waiting for a package from Cave and got one from Gifu yesterday.

Welcome to the danger zone:cool:

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Be very careful! there already have been reports of contaminated containers arriving in various ports around the world, from japan.

it's up to you if you still buy stuff from japan in the end. I'm not.
Honestly I don't think it's as bad as they claim. I just wanted to get people’s opinions on here because everybody on here does business or knows people in Japan.

Last edited:

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Man this topic just won't go away will it? I'm not buying things from Japan, but for an entirely different reason. It would cost a 25 dollar CD 45 dollars to ship from there. (I should know, there's a CD I've had my eyes on for awhile). If anything, it's importing fees that are killing it, not fake radiation.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
lilly-scared.jpg

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
Anyone think that JP games will come down in prices. Am thinking more ppl will start selling their collection in Japan and the flood of games will drop the prices.

JS

Chunky Lover 53

Fio's Quartermaster
This hysteria is getting ridiculous.

I just bought a cart from Japan, it glows with a sickly green light in the dark, and once I caught it moving about the flat.

Wuz it a Megadrive cart? Did it turn you 16 bit system into a 32 bit? :buttrock:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I wonder if people are looting homes within the evacuation zone... it looks like there is no one there to stop them, and the radiation levels aren't that bad until you get fairly close to the reactor.

aria

Former Moderator
All these fraidy-'tards are starting to annoy me.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Man this topic just won't go away will it? I'm not buying things from Japan, but for an entirely different reason. It would cost a 25 dollar CD 45 dollars to ship from there. (I should know, there's a CD I've had my eyes on for awhile). If anything, it's importing fees that are killing it, not fake radiation.

I've never had to pay extra fees on imported stuff. Am I just lucky :scratch:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Don't care................now it's a good time to buy those Japanese games :snack:

I read that a good bit of radioactive material was spread by looting and selling of Chernobyl zone goods.