What a great day! (RAGE)

Hello all! First post here and I start it off with a very fun story...

So I bought a 150 in 1 cartridge, spend around 120 euros on it and got it within 3 days.
I was psyched! Finally I could play Metal Slug and KoF and all the others I grew up with. But there was no fun to be had.
Immidiatly after turning my machine on I heard a clicking noise, looked inside my cab and I saw smoke coming out of the cartridge, also the smell...oh god the smell...

And now my cart is gone in the wind, AND my MVS 4 slot system is broken.

Aint that just dandy! :blow_top:

I really don't know what went wrong and I can't find anything around on the web with a smiliar story.

I'm just gonna sit in a corner and cry a bit.....

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Post pics of the cart and the pcbs in the cart. You might have to break the warranty seal to do so. Before you do it I would contact the seller because that isn't supposed to happen. Even if you put the cart in backwards it won't happen so something was definitely wrong with the cart itself.

I contacted the seller but he hasn't responded yet. Hope he will soon.

'Here's a pic of the cart itself, there are no signs of burning at all.
140013.jpg

And heres a picture of my screen it flickers between blocks and black.

140058.jpg

SSS

neo retired
Open up the cart and take a photo of the circuit boards.

Billkwando's sig is even funnier now. :-J

Open up the cart and take a photo of the circuit boards.

Billkwando's sig is even funnier now. :-J

Gonna wait until I get a responds from the seller. Don't want him to refuse me a refund because I opened up the cart.
Also it's been atleast 30 minutes since my cab died and the smell is still coming out of the cart.

What the fuck...

SSS

neo retired
Burnt plastic will stink for a long period of time.

Do you have a non-bootleg cart to test?

Yes I do. I have 4 original mvs games which all worked fine.
Also everything else still works, the vents are running and so is the screen.
I think only the MVS died....And I dont exactly have the money to buy a new one at this moment :annoyed:

aria

Former Moderator
So wait, just so that I'm certain... do you have original games to test on it? :lolz:

Yes I do. Everything worked perfectly fine before I tried the multicart. After the event happened I can't get my mvs to start up and the only thing I get on the screen are those blocky 'glitch' things as shown before.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Awww shit, stuff like this worries me. Anybody ever heard of a burn-out caused by the 111 in 1 cart?

Awww shit, stuff like this worries me. Anybody ever heard of a burn-out caused by the 111 in 1 cart?

never heard of, but these things aren't exactly high quality material, if there is a short somewhere critical, for sure it can fry everything.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
The bigger multi slot boards have all sorts of power issues. I had a MVS 4 slot blow on me years ago, using legit carts. I lost a SS4 and a Rage of the Dragon cart in the process. I had noticed little waves of static from time to time while playing games. My 2 slot never did that. One afternoon I was playing some ROTD and pop, sizzle, dead. I didn't care about the piece of shit MVS 4 slot burning out... but to take two games out with it was just too much for me. I don't like the sandwiched boards. The 4 and 6 slots are just too finicky and I'll never trust them again. Get yourself a good 2-slot MVS board. You'll have to live with two less games in there, but you'll have far fewer problems overall. Also, I doubt the 150:1 was completely to blame. There was a power surge, it could have been caused by the cart, but like I said... I've had the same thing happen with legit carts.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
The bigger multi slot boards have all sorts of power issues. I had a MVS 4 slot blow on me years ago, using legit carts. I lost a SS4 and a Rage of the Dragon cart in the process. I had noticed little waves of static from time to time while playing games. My 2 slot never did that. One afternoon I was playing some ROTD and pop, sizzle, dead. I didn't care about the piece of shit MVS 4 slot burning out... but to take two games out with it was just too much for me. I don't like the sandwiched boards. The 4 and 6 slots are just too finicky and I'll never trust them again. Get yourself a good 2-slot MVS board. You'll have to live with two less games in there, but you'll have far fewer problems overall. Also, I doubt the 150:1 was completely to blame. There was a power surge, it could have been caused by the cart, but like I said... I've had the same thing happen with legit carts.

Someone needs to sticky this post.

Dumb fucks getting 6 slots.

2 Slot is the best board to get.

:crying:

I don't think it was the board, because the smoke came out the cart not the board. But yeah I'll need a whole new system anyway so ill get a 2 board then....don't have the money though, spend it all on the god damn cart...:annoyed:

Just got a reply from the seller and he wants to give me a complete refund.

I'm just wondering if I can get my mvs (and maybe the games, don't know if they died but it could be) also refunded. It's his product that broke my cab so i'm thinking he's liable for destroying it and also liable for not testing it properly...

But i'm not sure...:oh_no:

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
If I sold you a multi cart and your setup died while using it, I don't know that I'd be willing to replace your entire arcade setup. Just saying...

I think the buyer needs to understand what they are getting when they purchase a multi-cart, and understand the risks.

He should refund the price of the cart, but maybe you should just be happy with that.

94TC

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
Just got a reply from the seller and he wants to give me a complete refund.

I'm just wondering if I can get my mvs (and maybe the games, don't know if they died but it could be) also refunded. It's his product that broke my cab so i'm thinking he's liable for destroying it and also liable for not testing it properly...

But i'm not sure...:oh_no:

To tell you the truth you should be glad your getting anything at all. Hopefully you can get your board fixed, there are numerous techs out there in the tech section if you ask. If all else fails, send it in to one of the techs in the tech section for further observation. I am pretty sure it can be fixed.

If I sold you a multi cart and your setup died while using it, I don't know that I'd be willing to replace your entire arcade setup. Just saying...

I think the buyer needs to understand what they are getting when they purchase a multi-cart, and understand the risks.

He should refund the price of the cart, but maybe you should just be happy with that.

Oh I am...I am. However this stuff shouldn't happen at all. And the seller also did not explained that it was a bootleg (i know it is but wether or not I know it, the seller should always put a description with the article and that it's a product with risks)

Also it seems that it he is completely liable according to article 185 of the Dutch law. But it's not like i'm gonna rip him a new one, it's just that I want my mvs board replaced and a working multicart, then i'm happy.