robbed by another ref

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
well if anyone saw the chelsea manu match last night. it looks like the champions league refereeing isn't getting any better. but what can you expect. rooney put manu up by a goal in the first half. and in fairness we were shit for the first half. really drogs and torres seem to hate each other. and it shows on the pitch that they don't gel well. also playing a 4-4-2 isn't our best formation. but really the thing that kills me is we were clearly denied a penalty ramires bolts into the box, gets a pass off anelka, and gets fouled in the box by evra who wasn't even going for the ball. it was a damn shame. so soon after torres gets into the box, and throws himself on the ground in an obvious dive. but i think he did it more for a bit of false retribution. was a shame really, but if we can score in OT we'd have everything even again. so its not totally lost, and we didn't do bad holding it to 0-1, but i feel we could have just done more.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2914...celotti-convinced-chelsea-were-wrongly-denied

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Fingers crossed your team can pull out a great result at Old Trafford, a nice 2-1 victory :buttrock:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Fingers crossed your team can pull out a great result at Old Trafford, a nice 2-1 victory :buttrock:

i'd love to see torres end his goalless rut and open up the can of whoop ass on em. but the manure crowd are going in ahead of us. just wish we'd have gotten that peno, or lamps had connected better with that shot he had because then we'd be going in just about even and one goal woulda been enough.

but you never know, we have a tendency to have those big 7-0 victories at times. not saying we could ever pull anything like that off at OT, but you know a 2-1 isn't beyond the scope of things. thanks for the well wishes though.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
So how do you support Chelsea, coming from Texas :conf:

well when i met my girlfriend i was unaffiliated with any premiership team. i mean i liked football, but like many americans only watched during the world cup. but once she came along, she comes from a family of irish chelsea fans. which is odd as most irish folks are either manu or liverpool, but someone, somewhere in the past decided he liked chelsea, and it stuck. so that's who i went with, started following them around the 2007-2008 season. just in time to watch us lose the champions league final to none other than manure. thanks to fuckin nelks and terry.

so in short, my girlfriend's family are all chelsea fans, and i became a chelsea fan because of this. i'm sure were they west ham, or bolton, or fans of any other team i'd have prolly just piggybacked on that too. but that's how it happens when you've got not affiliation with any team to begin with, you go for whichever is quickest haha.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Good a reason as any buddy ;). Dont mind most english teams, just hate man utd, i think it's because they won so much in the 90's and i like to see other teams getting a chance :)

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
well we're out of the champions league. we played like shit the first half of the second game, putting on drogba changed things, but then with ramires getting a red card, i knew we were fucked. we wrangled a goal, and were back in for 20 seconds til our defense gifted the mancs with another goal, and we were done like dinner. oh well, i'm just hoping we can finish somewhere in the top 4 in the league and be in it next year. i'm thinking abramovich should sell off every player, fire everyone that works for the club and just spend next season rebuilding. not even playing just signing good players, and staff.

on a side note i'll be surprised if ancelotti doesn't get sacked. i really hope man u get killed in their next champions league matches though. fuck those guys.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
well we're out of the champions league. we played like shit the first half of the second game, putting on drogba changed things, but then with ramires getting a red card, i knew we were fucked. we wrangled a goal, and were back in for 20 seconds til our defense gifted the mancs with another goal, and we were done like dinner. oh well, i'm just hoping we can finish somewhere in the top 4 in the league and be in it next year. i'm thinking abramovich should sell off every player, fire everyone that works for the club and just spend next season rebuilding. not even playing just signing good players, and staff.

on a side note i'll be surprised if ancelotti doesn't get sacked. i really hope man u get killed in their next champions league matches though. fuck those guys.

You bossed the game... You should've had a least 2 goals before half time... but Torres can't score in a brothel atm....

As a Liverpool supporter... I find it sorta funny... Great business for King Kenny...

Sadly as a Liverpool supporter I haven't really got much else to smile about....

xROTx

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
You bossed the game... You should've had a least 2 goals before half time... but Torres can't score in a brothel atm....

As a Liverpool supporter... I find it sorta funny... Great business for King Kenny...

Sadly as a Liverpool supporter I haven't really got much else to smile about....

xROTx

save for the fact that you lot killed man city on monday, and hopefully can beat arsenal at the weekend. which if we beat west brom this weekend we'll only be a point behind the arse, and have a shot at climbing into second. you guys are helping in your own liverpudlian ways. and that's more than just stealing the radios out of cars.

edit: ROOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
save for the fact that you lot killed man city on monday, and hopefully can beat arsenal at the weekend. which if we beat west brom this weekend we'll only be a point behind the arse, and have a shot at climbing into second. you guys are helping in your own liverpudlian ways. and that's more than just stealing the radios out of cars.

edit: ROOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

We're playing for pride... PRIDE!

Oh well... at least when they build the new stadium... they'll know where at least 60,000 car criminals will be....

xROTx

PS. Err.. I assume this is NeoGoat:-J ... educated guess... lolz... I dissappear for a bit and Wasabi decides to change everyones username...

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
The name changes havent happend too much this year yet, last year was confusing though :lolz:.
Can anyone stop the Man U machine :crying:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
We're playing for pride... PRIDE!

Oh well... at least when they build the new stadium... they'll know where at least 60,000 car criminals will be....

xROTx

PS. Err.. I assume this is NeoGoat:-J ... educated guess... lolz... I dissappear for a bit and Wasabi decides to change everyones username...

nope bud, this is kim _kaphwan. i moved to ireland last year, and have been getting into chelsea since i met my girlfriend (who's family are all chelsea fans) about three years ago. was previously unaffiliated with a team (being from texas) but that changed.

and fine play for pride all you want, just play well enough to beat arsenal at the weekend thanks.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
KKKKKK_KKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

nope bud, this is kim _kaphwan. i moved to ireland last year, and have been getting into chelsea since i met my girlfriend (who's family are all chelsea fans) about three years ago. was previously unaffiliated with a team (being from texas) but that changed.

and fine play for pride all you want, just play well enough to beat arsenal at the weekend thanks.

....How's things in Ireland for you pal?

Are you In Northern Ireland or Southern Ireland (Which counts as part of Europe)....

If you're in the Sout... looks like the economy is so ffoked they'll be eating their shoes in a few months....

lolz... Chelsea eh... the team everyone use to hate before Man City came in with an even richer owner....:spock:

xROTx

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
....How's things in Ireland for you pal?

Are you In Northern Ireland or Southern Ireland (Which counts as part of Europe)....

If you're in the Sout... looks like the economy is so ffoked they'll be eating their shoes in a few months....

lolz... Chelsea eh... the team everyone use to hate before Man City came in with an even richer owner....:spock:

xROTx

i'm in dublin, so yeah the south. and i know about the economy thing. i got in just before it got terrible here, got my visa (mind it took me about three months to get the visa processed), got a job, was working til about mid last month. the restaurant i was the head chef in went belly up and so here i am sat here all day looking at the job websites. don't know if i'm allowed sign onto the dole, but i don't want to as i'm confident i can land a job. but so far my days consist of sitting on these forums and being glad my girlfriend still has her job. sure i'm not the bread winner but we're not proper fucked.

they said they might reopen the place as it was in the new terminal of the airport and they might reopen it once the new terminal becomes fully operational and flights are actually routed through there. or more than one flight a day. but from what i understand that wont be for some time. so i'm out on my ass, they closed up to save money, and i'm applying for jobs in call centers even though i've only ever worked in and managed restaurants. oh well. don't you own a shop? wanna give me a job? i'm sure i can relocate to liverpool for a little bit. its just across the irish sea.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Chelsea were robbed by Ancelotti, however, I figure it may have been more Roman that robbed them.

Remember back when Roman was fighting publicly with Mourinho about playing Shevchenko? Mourinho said no. Roman said pack your bags, komrad. Carlo knows this, knows that he has to let Torres become the future.

We've seen it before on other teams. van Nistelrooij at Man Utd. van Nistelrooij at Real Madrid. It's just typical ageism in the world of football. The only place older players get the respect they are due seems to be Italy.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Come to Scotland JT ;).

I wonder if big Carlo will be the manager next year? I'd say you got to give him another crack, but the way Abramovic thinks that might not be the case :oh_no:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Chelsea were robbed by Ancelotti, however, I figure it may have been more Roman that robbed them.

Remember back when Roman was fighting publicly with Mourinho about playing Shevchenko? Mourinho said no. Roman said pack your bags, komrad. Carlo knows this, knows that he has to let Torres become the future.

We've seen it before on other teams. van Nistelrooij at Man Utd. van Nistelrooij at Real Madrid. It's just typical ageism in the world of football. The only place older players get the respect they are due seems to be Italy.

its how abramovich rolls. and its quite bothersome as i'm pretty sure were it up to carlo he'd have been playing drogba. as that's who the team has trained and practised to pass to and work with. but its like roman wants to be more than just a rich benefactor and actually call shots when it comes to things. which seeing the amount of cash he's put into the club, he does have the right to make a few decisions, but at the same time, we don't want him to.

i'm of the minority of people who think we should keep carlo. he's a good coach, and he can handle situations pretty well. i think what needs to be done more than anything is abramovich needs to let a manager run the team. let the manager manage, and lets have the chairman control the corporate end of things. he's done good to set us up with torres, and get sturridge out there playing at bolton. with drogs, malouda, and anelka on their aging legs a younger front three of kalou, torres, and sturridge is more than welcome. and i think we could probably work a new team design around them. carlo knows how to blood youngsters, and earn player's respect. but more than anything what needs to happen is we need to cut off some of the older players, set up a training regimen around passing forward, and maybe play benayoun a bit so people can see how someone who knows how to work with torres, does it.

but for the rest of this season, we needn't worry about changing the training, mixing up the squad or formation, its too late in the game to change shit. lets just do our best to win as many games as we can and finish in second. we'll revamp in the summer, and i can bet we will be sacking more than one big name, and bringing in a couple of youngsters, as well as bringing back our on loan prospects like sturridge and mancienne.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
its how abramovich rolls. and its quite bothersome as i'm pretty sure were it up to carlo he'd have been playing drogba. as that's who the team has trained and practised to pass to and work with. but its like roman wants to be more than just a rich benefactor and actually call shots when it comes to things. which seeing the amount of cash he's put into the club, he does have the right to make a few decisions, but at the same time, we don't want him to.

i'm of the minority of people who think we should keep carlo. he's a good coach, and he can handle situations pretty well. i think what needs to be done more than anything is abramovich needs to let a manager run the team. let the manager manage, and lets have the chairman control the corporate end of things. he's done good to set us up with torres, and get sturridge out there playing at bolton. with drogs, malouda, and anelka on their aging legs a younger front three of kalou, torres, and sturridge is more than welcome. and i think we could probably work a new team design around them. carlo knows how to blood youngsters, and earn player's respect. but more than anything what needs to happen is we need to cut off some of the older players, set up a training regimen around passing forward, and maybe play benayoun a bit so people can see how someone who knows how to work with torres, does it.

but for the rest of this season, we needn't worry about changing the training, mixing up the squad or formation, its too late in the game to change shit. lets just do our best to win as many games as we can and finish in second. we'll revamp in the summer, and i can bet we will be sacking more than one big name, and bringing in a couple of youngsters, as well as bringing back our on loan prospects like sturridge and mancienne.

Roman doesn't want Carlo managing though. It's not like he wanted to lose to Manchester this week, but in his grand plan, Carlo will be replaced by Guus, who will be tasked with rebuilding the team.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Roman doesn't want Carlo managing though. It's not like he wanted to lose to Manchester this week, but in his grand plan, Carlo will be replaced by Guus, who will be tasked with rebuilding the team.
i don't think guus would come back to a full management position. i think it'd be more likely that guus would be manager for a while but with a clear cut successor to take over and him to become sporting director or something like that. guus is good, i like how he runs things. but i like carlo too. i think a lot of fans seem to just focus on results here and now. and maybe i figure any coach who can get the double his first season, is worth sitting through a bad season or two for. hell look at wenger at arsenal, they haven't won any trophies in years, but they keep arsene there. we wont win any trophies this year, but will hopefully get a top 4 finish. which despite all the losses, lack of confidence, and wilkins' sacking wouldn't leave me out for the manager's blood.

but if blood is what abramovich wants, that's what he'll get. he runs the show and we're just here to watch. personally i'm much more focused on the premier league or FA cup every season than the champions league. but that's just me. roman wants the champions league trophy and i don't mind winning it. but maybe some more shit needs to change. maybe some of our "untouchables" need to be touched a bit more. lamps, JT, ashley cole, drogs, i'm looking at you.

besides rumor is you guys will be getting carlo from what i understand. and he's great that first season he's there. so expect some great results at roma.

rumors going around today that john terry might be in line as a player manager in the next couple years. and will prolly be under the tutelage of guus if we get him or lippi. though there's the constant return of jose floating around. or getting guardiola off of barca (yeah right) then one i read that was even more farfetched was ballack coming back in an assistant manager role under whoever the new boss might be. all in all the papers are printing anything they can these days.

Last edited: