&@(% you, Potemkin! The GGAC thread.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
To kick this off, can anyone tell me how in the name of hell do you beat a good Potemkin? He has too much health, does too much damage, and flat out has tools for every god damn situation. I can walk all over people with a few characters, but am helpless against Potemkin. My best players turn to shit. My Slayer, Baiken, and Millia are all worthless against him. Only spamming the hell out of Millia's hair attack can I have a minor hope of a chance (fast enough to stop his armor punch and also deters his P buster.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
maybe try playing faust and filling the screen with bullshit.

Alternatively... if you can keep an eddie offense going strong enough he won't be even able to start up his game.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member

yea Faust and Venom spam is probably the only way to stay at bay since he does so much damage

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
The thing that pisses me off is I fuck shit up with Slayer. Just straight up murder shit, but everything Slayer does looks like a joke when I go toe to toe against Potemkin. Slayer's strong. Pot's MUCH stronger. Slayer has a nice little command grab.... pfft, fuck that silly little command grab when you go against Pot. Nothing like meeting my mappa punch with his armor move he does.

I had some success with Venom. Balls all day, but man. I'm terrible with Eddie. I have no clue, not a single CLUE how to play as him. He's just way too technical for me to even grasp. So that's out.

If Potemkin wasn't in the game, Slayer would be easily my best guy.

EDIT: you know what's worse. You literally have to hit him twice as much as he hits you to even tie with him. He takes so much abuse and dishes out even more.

Last edited: