SFII 20 years! Share your memories!

TaiDOmi

Mr. Big's Thug
Wow... That was the game to have. I never had it though when I was a kid because it was so expensive (cost 900 Finnish marks for SNES = about 150 euros nowadays or even more if related to the peoples purchase power of those days).

I remember playing the SNES version of the game first time in a contest in Helsinki (Noidanlinna toyshop) and placing 2nd in a tournament in 1993. The first price was a portable Konami battery game of Turtles... That was so close... ;)

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
^Ei se kyllä ihan noin kallis ollut, pal-versio siis. Ostin omani Stockalta ja se maksoi jotain ~650mk. Muistan vielä kun yksi luokkakaverini sai k.o pelin muutamaa päivää aiemmin, ja mehusteli sillä niin maan saatanasti, "Kyllä se Sf2 on ihan mieletön, ei pysty kyl tulee tänään meille pelaamaan, jne.." :D

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Bought it in UK for £65 with birthday money, that was really expensive compared to other SNES games... played the hell out of it, beating hardest without loosing a round (so chun-li would go YA-TA! on the end image)... my brother sat on the box and squashed it :(

TaiDOmi

Mr. Big's Thug
^Ei se kyllä ihan noin kallis ollut, pal-versio siis. Ostin omani Stockalta ja se maksoi jotain ~650mk. Muistan vielä kun yksi luokkakaverini sai k.o pelin muutamaa päivää aiemmin, ja mehusteli sillä niin maan saatanasti, "Kyllä se Sf2 on ihan mieletön, ei pysty kyl tulee tänään meille pelaamaan, jne.." :D

Riippuu kai vähän mistä osti.. ^_^ Muistan kyllä, että hintalappu oli 899 mk.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
My best memories are of me beating people handily with Zangief. When the game first came out people would advise me not to use him because he sucks or whatnot. I'd powerbomb and super pile drive those fuckers.. a couple times I almost got into a fight in real life 'cos the other guy got pissed off so bad.