161-in-1 Game Breakdown

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Well guys the weirdest thing happened, with it running at 5.0 or 5.1 at the board , SVC, MS3, KOF99, Kizuna Encounter will keep resetting and crashing. I dropped it back down to 4.8 volts and they all worked again along with every other one i tried, and I went through about 30 games last night through at least the first levels or first fight. And for some weird reason 4.8 seems to be the magic number.......any ideas or comments why lol

That is VERY interesting. If I didn't have to pull my cab away from the wall and open up the back to check the PSU, I would try that. Anybody else wanna give it a try?

On my 161-in-1 cart, I can't get past the first few seconds of a level in Pulstar without the game freezing up. Can anyone else confirm this issue?

I hadn't tried it cos I was saving it for a special occasion. I guess I better investigate.

Last edited:

FrizzleFried

Mr. Big's Thug
Are you checking the actual voltage or are you going by the LED? Those LED's aren't the most accurate.

kungers

n00b
I'm having a strange problem with my 161 in 1 cart. Without it in my system, I can save soft dip settings no problem. The second I put in the 161 in 1 however, all soft dip settings get wiped and any soft dip settings i try to save do not save at all. Anyone else come across this problem? Is there a work around? Thanks.

Ckd N Lkd

Smoking Gun!,
If it is in a multislot and you push 1player to get to menu and choose another game it resets all back up ram and resets soft dips - I keep it in my one slot

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
So there is no way to save soft dips with a multislot system?

Ok everybody start reading the thread before you post. :p

The multicart will erase all your softdips and high scores, but its own softdips are saved on the cart itself.

kungers

n00b
Ok.... Maybe I wasn't being clear. My 161 in 1 cart is not saving it's own soft dip settings. Is this because I'm using a multislot?

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Ok.... Maybe I wasn't being clear. My 161 in 1 cart is not saving it's own soft dip settings. Is this because I'm using a multislot?

Sorry, I'd make sure to play a game until it goes to Game Over, and then check and see if it saved. That's traditionally when the soft dips are saved, but at least one person said that just going back to the game menu saves.

FrizzleFried

Mr. Big's Thug
The 161 (and 150 and others) in 1 carts sort of HIJACK the memory of multislot boards. High scores will not be saved on the other carts. Nor will soft dips. The multi cart uses the memory to save a SHIT-TON of soft-dips ONLY (and only the games in the cart) (no high scores)...

This can be verified by putting a cart in the cab that is on the multi-cart that you've saved soft dips for. The saved multi-cart soft-dip will actually work with the original cart that is in the system as well.

kungers

n00b
Sorry, I'd make sure to play a game until it goes to Game Over, and then check and see if it saved. That's traditionally when the soft dips are saved, but at least one person said that just going back to the game menu saves.

AWESOME! I never went back to the game menu. This is what needs to be done in order to save soft dips. Thank you so much!

Last edited:

FrizzleFried

Mr. Big's Thug

Now that isn't right... and no... multi-slots work fine. I have my 150-in-1 in a 4-slot.

FrizzleFried

Mr. Big's Thug
To the best of my understanding, the carts actually store the DIPS on cart... then when you fire up the unit, the cart flashes the motherboards memory with the Soft Dips killing anything that was in memory beforehand...including (unfortunately) the Soft Dips for the other carts and the high scores for the other carts.

Antinull

n00b
got my 161 in one today
stuffed it into slot 1 of my 6 slot euro cabinet
alot of games have really bad sound glitches, and when i launch some of the game it goes directly to my 2nd slot game

valgalder

Kula's Candy
got my 161 in one today
stuffed it into slot 1 of my 6 slot euro cabinet
alot of games have really bad sound glitches, and when i launch some of the game it goes directly to my 2nd slot game

That's because you need to have the Multi cart only, with no other carts installed. It will work fine after that.

Antinull

n00b
well, that makes sense for the 2nd slot game issue, but will it help the sound issues?
i could probably sell my other games :P

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
well, that makes sense for the 2nd slot game issue, but will it help the sound issues?
i could probably sell my other games :P

I believe Samurai Shodown 2 has permannent sound glitches. I would be cautious before selling SS1 or SS2, especially since they're not worth selling for what you'd get.

Antinull

n00b
i'll give it a try
I prob won't actually sell the games
(i own ss2,aof,kof94',puzzlebobble,and cyberlip)