161-in-1 Game Breakdown

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
dudley_doright.gif

I am proud to be compared with the great members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police but I accept I am nothing in comparison! you are too generous!

and what happened to your photoshop pic? don't tell me you thought it was racist and with bad taste at the last minute? why didn't you think before posting it? loosing courage already? it doesn't matter with that action you just showed your true colors!

and also I have a copy of the infamous pic from your signature!

Last edited:

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
you read way too far into shit, excitable nooblet.

I must concur to a certain extent, Sx3. I was the same way 10 years ago, but that's some melodramatic shit up there. You can argue a point without being overwrought.

You don't have to be like
point.jpg
all the time to get your point across.

Sorry but it's true.

ignaciogc

Banned
anyone knows if this will work just fine with my MV-1C? I think I read on one of the earlier posts that these latest multicarts are meant to be used with 2/4/6 slots. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Thanks.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
I have a few quick questions for whoever has experience with these multicarts. First, does any of them allow you to save high scores? Secondly, what level do the games start at? 8? If you change the level is the new setting saved for the next time you bootup? Lastly, someone mentioned you can hide the hacked games in the menu. Which multicarts support this? Just the 138?

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
I have a few quick questions for whoever has experience with these multicarts. First, does any of them allow you to save high scores? Secondly, what level do the games start at? 8? If you change the level is the new setting saved for the next time you bootup? Lastly, someone mentioned you can hide the hacked games in the menu. Which multicarts support this? Just the 138?

No high scores that I know of. The 161 starts at lv 4 usually, but if any of them don't, then yes it will save your soft dips, and many of them. I believe only the 138 does the sorting. None of the banana carts do.

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
I have a question also! can you access the soft dip settings like a regular cart? or you have to change them in game? does the multicart works on AES mode or just MVS? of course if you have a universe BIOS!

Ckd N Lkd

Smoking Gun!,
You can access soft dips like regular cart but only for the game you selected - just got mine in today with my unibios so will report back on AES mode. All games work fine checked all games noted above with problems and none here.
Excellent arcade is amazing ordered and speedpost to my door in 3 days!!!

Last edited:

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
You can access soft dips like regular cart but only for the game you selected - just got mine in today with my unibios so will report back on AES mode. All games work fine checked all games noted above with problems and none here.
Excellent arcade is amazing ordered and speedpost to my door in 3 days!!!

I thought I got mine fast....that's crazy! It's much easier to set up soft dips with the unibios.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
I just got mine today, haven't tried it out yet. So your saying the Unibios does work with it just fine?

Absolutely. The games that already didn't work right still don't work right, but at least now you get an error code when they crash. *Glares at Super Dodgeball* Even the crashing might just be an MV1 thing. Read the symptoms outlined in the thread and share your own findings. :)

Unibios makes it a hell of a lot easier to set up your soft dips, I know that. Start + ABC, soft reboot, Start + BCD, set dips & exit, repeat.

Last edited:

Ckd N Lkd

Smoking Gun!,
No problems with mine at all all game swirl great no sound issues - very satisfied - unibios 2.3

stevan5150

Mr. Big's Thug
Yeah i read through everyones issues with it, but is it everyone thats having issues with Super Dodgeball ?

kotmfu

n00b
I got this a few weeks back. i get slow downs on mine. im hoping its just the cruddy bootleg cart and not my shiny mvs board. but otherwise the cart is pretty cool, good for someone like me wanting to start out a collection. as of yet though i must say no crashes which is good

stevan5150

Mr. Big's Thug
Well i got my RGB converter hooked up and popped the cart in, and it seems that almost 80% of the games i tried kept resetting on me. I am not sure what the issue is but it sure is aggravating. Any suggestions? I am using a MV-1 ..and no unibios yet.

Last edited:

stevan5150

Mr. Big's Thug
tried it again this morning and SVC reset twice and then i waited for it to reset again and it never did. Tried Metal Slug 3 and it would get to the character screen and then it would keep resetting itself and i had to power it off and on to get it to stop. I have a legit Bust A move cart and it works flawlessly. The board is an MV-1, and i have read else where that the mulitcarts do and don't like the older boards. And also read that it could be the PSU going bad, or to turn up the voltage on the PSU and to clean the connectors. Well I cleaned the connectors and that fixed the sound fading in and out. I haven't tried turning up the voltage on the PSU. Alot of the other games worked fine actually with no issues. Any one have any suggestions. ????

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
My issues have been on an MV1. Super Dodgeball does reset on me, yet when I use the same cart on my MVS converter, I can play SDB for hours with no problems. I definitely wouldn't say anywhere near 80% of the games reset for me. I've also experienced no slowdowns. I'm inclined to think that's user perception, or that perhaps they're playing Metal Slug 2 (or another game known to have slowdowns, like Viewpoint).

Who here's not using an MV1?

For the voltage thing, you don't just "turn up the voltage", of course. You need to test with a multimeter at the jamma edge, while the game is running, and make sure you're getting 5v. I believe the acceptable range stated in the manual is anywhere from 4.5v to 5.5v, no higher, but don't quote me on that. Some titles may draw more power than others?

It's definitely important that we weed out the actual problems from those that stem from user misperception, like the "Viewpoint sounds funny" issue.

Edit: I've had no problems with SVC Chaos, which were you using? Also, I haven't tried MS3 yet, but I played Metal Slug and MSX from beginning to end with no problems.

The bottom line for me is, even if every single game doesn't work 100% at this point in time, it was still worth what I paid just on the strength of the games that do work. If we can pinpoint the problem with getting the other games to work, it's an even better value. I definitely have no regrets about the multicart. Being able to play random-ass games like Driftout and Power Instinct make it worth it to me.

Last edited:

stevan5150

Mr. Big's Thug
My issues have been on an MV1. Super Dodgeball does reset on me, yet when I use the same cart on my MVS converter, I can play SDB for hours with no problems. I definitely wouldn't say anywhere near 80% of the games reset for me. I've also experienced no slowdowns. I'm inclined to think that's user perception, or that perhaps they're playing Metal Slug 2 (or another game known to have slowdowns, like Viewpoint).

Who here's not using an MV1?

For the voltage thing, you don't just "turn up the voltage", of course. You need to test with a multimeter at the jamma edge, while the game is running, and make sure you're getting 5v. I believe the acceptable range stated in the manual is anywhere from 4.5v to 5.5v, no higher, but don't quote me on that. Some titles may draw more power than others?

It's definitely important that we weed out the actual problems from those that stem from user misperception, like the "Viewpoint sounds funny" issue.

Edit: I've had no problems with SVC Chaos, which were you using? Also, I haven't tried MS3 yet, but I played Metal Slug and MSX from beginning to end with no problems.

Ok i might have been alittle aggravated last night while typing the "80%" thing lol. Sorry that i blew it out of proportion. I am just frustrated that i want SVC and metal slug 3 to work badly lol

Here are the games I tried:
Metal Slug 1 (no issues)
Metal Slug 3 (Keeps resetting)
Blazing Star (bad audio until i cleaned the MVS Slot)
Neo Turf Masters (no issues)
Super Dodgeball (no issues)
SVC + (resets after twice then kinda works)
nightmare in the dark (No issues)
viewpoint (no issues)

But yeah I am grabbing my multi meter from work today to check that out. I am going to really clean the slot good this evening and give that a try as well.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
But yeah I am grabbing my multi meter from work today to check that out. I am going to really clean the slot good this evening and give that a try as well.

So no probs with SDB? I should point out that the ones I've had all have been while I was allowing the demo screen to loop. I should try actually playing it on the cab and see what happens.

As for cleaning the cart slot, if you choose to use an electronics cleaner, rather than alcohol, make sure you DO NOT use one with mineral oil in it. I used the "Cleaner and Lubricant" from Radio Shack by accident, and it filled my cart slot, and Waku Waku Fucking 7 with spoogey grease. Not good, not fun, and not recommended. I actually saw a fly had died by getting stuck to the contacts in my multicart, thanks to that stuff. Needless to say it took forever to clean off of everything.

I just used an old credit card wrapped in a soft cotton cloth with alcohol on it. Shove card in edge connector, pull out, move over 3 inches, repeat. Add more alcohol as needed.

It's funny cos I think the mineral oil cleaner stuff might've actually helped somewhat......but it's not worth having to wipe something 50 million times to get the glaze off before you can use it.

Last edited:

stevan5150

Mr. Big's Thug
So no probs with SDB? I should point out that the ones I've had all have been while I was allowing the demo screen to loop. I should try actually playing it on the cab and see what happens.

As for cleaning the cart slot, if you choose to use an electronics cleaner, rather than alcohol, make sure you DO NOT use one with mineral oil in it. I used the "Cleaner and Lubricant" from Radio Shack by accident, and it filled my cart slot, and Waku Waku Fucking 7 with spoogey grease. Not good, not fun, and not recommended. I actually saw a fly had died by getting stuck to the contacts in my multicart, thanks to that stuff. Needless to say it took forever to clean off of everything.

I just used an old credit card wrapped in a soft cotton cloth with alcohol on it. Shove card in edge connector, pull out, move over 3 inches, repeat. Add more alcohol as needed.

It's funny cos I think the mineral oil cleaner stuff might've actually helped somewhat......but it's not worth having to wipe something 50 million times to get the glaze off before you can use it.

Yeah i heard also to use really light grit sand paper and go up and down in the slots . blow it out with compressed air then do the alcohol cleaning.
Definately try the games in the cab and going past the demo screen.... and let me know what you find.