161-in-1 Game Breakdown

montymole

n00b
Sucks that non of these have windjammers. I would buy the original if I could find it on here

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The reason for the high price is because that the game is not on any multicart. Game is considered common on the MVS price guide.

Last edited:

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
The reason for the high price is because that the game is not on any multicart. Game is considered common on the MVS price guide.
is it really common though? Ebay only has one up for sale. It isn't like Earthbound where you can go and look on any given day and there will be 50+ listings for it.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
is it really common though? Ebay only has one up for sale. It isn't like Earthbound where you can go and look on any given day and there will be 50+ listings for it.

That's not really a fair comparison. There were far fewer copies made of the average Neo Geo game when compared to the average SNES game. So there are far more copies of Earthbound floating around, but a lot more demand for it, as well.

I think in general gamers misuse the term "rare" when talking about most games. Yes, of course there are rare games but the term "rare" seems to be used mostly when talking about games with a low supply:demand ratio.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
There were plenty until the cmvs craze started. Demand has ballooned but supply remains the same.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
would you also pick up your dogs poo with a burger wrapper and put it on your kitchen table?

so dog poo is costing you 100€ and lets you taste various of meals, cool story bro

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner

this, if i am not mistaken Magician lord, Nam and super spy are also priced very high in recent years for the MVS

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
How much do these usually go for? I've been striking out finding the 161-1's online. I saw three of them being sold at Video Games NY where they are notorious for jacking up the prices on games. They had the yellow versions for 100 bucks. I had heard from people you could get them for 70-80 dollars.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
so dog poo is costing you 100€ and lets you taste various of meals, cool story bro
ah, things a burger does of course. You live in such a nice world conversionboy.

Spoiler:
just so you get it: The dog shit was a bootleg of a burger in my example, which was then supposed to be a (weak) parallel for a legit MVS cart vs. a multicart. The mere fact you tried to think of some kind of smart reply to my obvious trolling tells me you will do anything to justify a bootleg/conversion. Again: fuck off.

Also: The price of something is not a direct indicator for the quality of something.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Last edited:

blotter12

Kabuki Klasher
They are on aliexpress too. You just have to wait for the shipping from China. That site is like a marketplace though. Aliexpress has good customer support though, if you need it.

this, if i am not mistaken Magician lord, Nam and super spy are also priced very high in recent years for the MVS

Nam is on the 120-in-1.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Thanks for the link, for some reason I was striking out online. I'm debating on getting one of these Chinese made carts or wait on if the Flash Cart will ever get finished. I'd rather load it up with my own games that I know I'll play then 40+ throwaway games.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Thanks for the link, for some reason I was striking out online. I'm debating on getting one of these Chinese made carts or wait on if the Flash Cart will ever get finished. I'd rather load it up with my own games that I know I'll play then 40+ throwaway games.

At this point in time, the flash cart is vaporware. In any case its not a matter of waiting a few months but rather a few years and even then there is no guarantee that one will become available to the general public. You might as well get a multicart, close your eyes when scrolling through all those shitty hacks and play some games in the meantime to ease the wait.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
At this point in time, the flash cart is vaporware. In any case its not a matter of waiting a few months but rather a few years and even then there is no guarantee that one will become available to the general public. You might as well get a multicart, close your eyes when scrolling through all those shitty hacks and play some games in the meantime to ease the wait.

This.

Personally I'm glad I got the boot for the price I've paid, and so far the vast majority of the games work perfectly on it.

Just be smart and patient when purchasing games you're interested in that aren't on the bootleg.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
ah, things a burger does of course. You live in such a nice world conversionboy.

Spoiler:
just so you get it: The dog shit was a bootleg of a burger in my example, which was then supposed to be a (weak) parallel for a legit MVS cart vs. a multicart. The mere fact you tried to think of some kind of smart reply to my obvious trolling tells me you will do anything to justify a bootleg/conversion. Again: fuck off.

Also: The price of something is not a direct indicator for the quality of something.

Yes it is, the 161 has a lot of issues but there are also games who run perfect like nightmare in the dark or prehistoric isle 2 and ironically these are also some of the most expensive games on the MVS so the decent amount of games who have 0 issues make the price tag worth it in the end.
I dont get your mentality xsq, do you want everyone to collect for the neo geo and all original games? Then dont whine about prices getting too high the next time. And its not like original games had to die for these banana yellow carts made in china. I am just defending logic and more choices for the market.

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
I just got my 161-in-1 today. It's good stuff for what it is, although mine seems to be affected by the "Doesn't go back to the menu via P1 start button" problem.

I will continue to buy real carts as they're available to me, but this is nice and covers my basic needs in my buddy's cab for now.

bdlou

Quiz Detective
I just got my 161-in-1 today. It's good stuff for what it is, although mine seems to be affected by the "Doesn't go back to the menu via P1 start button" problem.

I will continue to buy real carts as they're available to me, but this is nice and covers my basic needs in my buddy's cab for now.

Even when there is no memory card plugged in?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,

For this to work, you have to meet some requirements:

- You have to be using an MVS board, as the trick does not work on AES+converter.
- You cannot have a Memory card inserted.
- If your CMVS has an internal memory card (Omega or AI) trick also fails.

Other than that, you should be fine.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Yes it is, the 161 has a lot of issues but there are also games who run perfect like nightmare in the dark or prehistoric isle 2 and ironically these are also some of the most expensive games on the MVS so the decent amount of games who have 0 issues make the price tag worth it in the end.
I dont get your mentality xsq, do you want everyone to collect for the neo geo and all original games? Then dont whine about prices getting too high the next time. And its not like original games had to die for these banana yellow carts made in china. I am just defending logic and more choices for the market.
The 161in1 costs what their makers have determined buyers will pay. I'm very skeptical as to the price actually reflecting cost of parts, labour hours, development and advertisement - it's more like multicarts are a chinese monopole (which is no wonder because of their illegal nature). Whether it is worth it's price to you (because there are roms of high price games on them that will run fine) or not is another matter entirely. I would argue that for the same price it would be possible to produce a multicart with roms of all games working fine while using new, more reliable hardware and still make a fair profit.

I keep bashing the multicarts aggressively because people tend to forget they are bootlegs (of low quality) which are in a lot of regards inferior to the original cartridges. I don't have any problem with people buying/playing multis at all as long as they keep that in mind and don't treat multis like legit releases. I have stated that many times before and sure multis are a good option if you don't have the money for a certain release or want to test games before buying. Rising prices are (in my eyes) a result of collecting - hoarding even - games rather than playing them and not passing them on when done with them on the one hand and too many noobs spending whatever a seller demands on carts because they are new to the hobby, don't want to wait and are collectors rather than gamers on the other hand.

I keep posting badly about you in particular because you have stated in the past that you have bought and will again buy conversions. You also tend to post up in threads about conversions and bootlegs defending their ongoing production.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's also the reason why there is no neo Everdrive. It'd be a hard sell at $500 when a multicart is only about 10% of that price.

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
For this to work, you have to meet some requirements:

- You have to be using an MVS board, as the trick does not work on AES+converter.
- You cannot have a Memory card inserted.
- If your CMVS has an internal memory card (Omega or AI) trick also fails.

Other than that, you should be fine.

Even when there is no memory card plugged in?

Yessir to both of you. It's my buddy's gold cabinet, 2 slot, no memory cart, no game in the other slot (because we noticed the issue with the sound -- and occasionally it would boot to the 2nd slot after we picked a game).

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member

Not to mention Samurai Shodown 5 Special.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
The 161in1 costs what their makers have determined buyers will pay. I'm very skeptical as to the price actually reflecting cost of parts, labour hours, development and advertisement - it's more like multicarts are a chinese monopole (which is no wonder because of their illegal nature). Whether it is worth it's price to you (because there are roms of high price games on them that will run fine) or not is another matter entirely. I would argue that for the same price it would be possible to produce a multicart with roms of all games working fine while using new, more reliable hardware and still make a fair profit.

I keep bashing the multicarts aggressively because people tend to forget they are bootlegs (of low quality) which are in a lot of regards inferior to the original cartridges. I don't have any problem with people buying/playing multis at all as long as they keep that in mind and don't treat multis like legit releases. I have stated that many times before and sure multis are a good option if you don't have the money for a certain release or want to test games before buying. Rising prices are (in my eyes) a result of collecting - hoarding even - games rather than playing them and not passing them on when done with them on the one hand and too many noobs spending whatever a seller demands on carts because they are new to the hobby, don't want to wait and are collectors rather than gamers on the other hand.

I keep posting badly about you in particular because you have stated in the past that you have bought and will again buy conversions. You also tend to post up in threads about conversions and bootlegs defending their ongoing production.

i agree with the second part about hoarder like i have debated the last time but here something you forget these multi cards arent being produced anymore you make it sound like they are which they are not. If so, you would already see a 200 in 1 cart or an everdrive, especially as it would free the chinese from any legal issues instead uploading the roms directly into the carts.

The reality is simple that these chinese electronic companies started little by targeting SNK when MVS games used to be around and being pricey but they obviously moved on to bigger things, they arent developing an everdrive not because they dont want but because they dont care anymore, the neo geo for them is just a dead system.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
It's also the reason why there is no neo Everdrive. It'd be a hard sell at $500 when a multicart is only about 10% of that price.

you have a point there SWM but keep in mind that AES multicarts from the neostore cost pretty much 500$ or above and they are coming always randomly in a limited supply. This and the fact that the MVS only got recently more popular than the AES gave and still give people plenty of room to come up with a multi cart on the AES to make money out of it.