161-in-1 Game Breakdown

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Well, you can also go left to right and flip by pages of games instead of scrolling to make it quicker.

Oh shiznipples!!

See folks, this is why it pays to be helpy. Sometimes someone comes along who is even helpier.

Edit: I just played 18 holes of Neo Turmasters on the 161 cart, with no probs. These carts seem pretty stable with the converters. Prolly even moreso if the converter has a cart shell. I've had 2 random "address errors" (one with Bust a Move and one with Rage of the Dragons), that I'm pretty sure were just the converter/cart settling.

Last edited:

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
I was thinking about picking up one of these from Excellentcom (?), so I decided to do a full breakdown of what's included. Please let me know if I missed or messed up anything (source):

Official Games Included
2020 SUPER BASEBALL
3 COUNT BOUT
AERO FIGHTERS 2
AERO FIGHTERS 3
ALPHA MISSION 2
ANDRO DUNOS
ART OF FIGHTING 2
BANG BEAD
BASEBALL STARS 2
BATTLE FLIP SHOT
BLAZING STAR
BLUE'S JOURNEY
BREAKERS
BREAKERS REVENGE
BURNING FIGHT
CAPTAIN TOMADAY
CROSSED SWORDS
DOUBLE DRAGON
EIGHT MAN
FAR EAST OF EDEN
FATAL FURY
FIGHTERS SWORDS (Korean SSIII)
FOOTBALL FRENZY
GANRYU
KARNOV'S REVENGE
KING OF MONSTERS
KIZUNA ENCOUNTER
KOF 2001
KOF 2002
KOF 2003
KOF 94
KOF 95
KOF 96
KOF 97
KOF 98
KOF 99
LAST BLADE
LAST BLADE 2
LAST RESORT
LEGEND SUCCESS JOE
MAGICAL DROP 2
MAGICAL DROP III
MARK OF THE WOLVES
MASTER OF SYOUGI
MATRIMELEE
METAL SLUG
METAL SLUG 2
METAL SLUG 3
METAL SLUG 4
METAL SLUG X
MONEY PUZZLE EXCH
MUTATION NATION
NEO BOMBERMAN
NEO DRIFT OUT
NEO MR. DO!
NEO TURF MASTERS
NEO-GEO CUP 98
NIGHTMARE
NINJA COMMANDO
OVER TOP
PANIC BOMBER
PLEASURE GOAL
PRE ISLE 2
PULSTAR
PUZZLE BOBBLE
PUZZLE BOBBLE 2
PUZZLE DE PON
PUZZLE DE PON! R!
RAGE OF DRAGONS
ROBO ARMY
SAMURAI SHODOWN
SAMURAI SHODOWN 2
SAMURAI SHODOWN 3
SAMURAI SHODOWN 4
SAMURAI V SPECIAL
SAVAGE REIGN
SENGOKU
SENGOKU 3
SHOCK TROOPERS 2ND
SOCCER BRAWL
SPIN MASTER
STAKES WINNER
STAKES WINNER 2
STREET HOOP
STRIKERS 1945 +
SUPER DODGE BALL
SUPER SIDEKICKS 2
SUPER SIDEKICKS 3
THE LAST SOLDIER (Korean Last Blade)
THRASH RALLY
TOP HUNTER
ULTIMATE 11
VIEWPOINT
WORLD HEROES
WORLD HEROES 2
ZED BLADE
ZUPAPA

TOTAL: 97

Bootlegs/Hacks Included
ART OF FIGHTING 2+
C.T.H.D
C.T.H.D SUPER PLUS
DOUBLE DRAGON +
KARNOV'S REVENGE +
KING OF GLADIATOR
KOF 05 UNIQUE
KOF 05 UNIQUE 2
KOF 10TH
KOF 10TH EXTRA +
KOF 2001 PLUS
KOF 2002 CN
KOF 2002 ICE-BLUE
KOF 2002 LUAN
KOF 2002 MAGIC
KOF 2002 MAGIC 2
KOF 2002 OROCHI
KOF 2002 SUPER
KOF 2002 SUPER 2
KOF 2003 CHANGE
KOF 2004 SE
KOF 2004 SE PLUS
KOF 2004 SMP
KOF 94 +
KOF 95 +
KOF 96 +
KOF 96 EVO
KOF 97 2003
KOF 97 CR
KOF 97 PJ
KOF 97 PLUS
KOF 97 REMIX
KOF 97 YL
KOF 98 +
KOF 98 OROCHI
KOF 98 ULTIMATE
KOF 99 +
KOF 99 CN
KOG PLUS
LANSQUENET 2004
LAST BLADE +
LAST BLADE 2 +
LAST BLADE 2 EASY
MARK OF WOLVES +
MATRIMELEE +
METAL SLUG +
METAL SLUG 2 +
METAL SLUG 3 +
METAL SLUG 4 +
METAL SLUG 6
METAL SLUG 6 +
METAL SLUG X +
NIGHTMARE SP
RAGE OF DRAGONS +
SAMURAI SHODOWN +
SAMURAI SHODOWN 2+
SAMURAI SHODOWN 3+
SAMURAI SHODOWN 4+
SENGOKU 3 +
SNK VS CAPCOM +
SNK VS CAPCOM RMX
SPIN MASTER +
STRIKERS 1945 + +
SVC SUPER PLUS

TOTAL: 64

Missing Games
Aggressors of Dark Kombat
Art of Fighting
Art of Fighting 3
Bakatonosama Mahjong Manyuki
Baseball Stars Professional
Chibi Marukochan Deluxe Quiz
Cyber-Lip
Digger Man
Fatal Fury 2
Fatal Fury Special
Fatal Fury 3
Flip Shot
Galaxy Fight
Ghost Pilots
Ghostlop
Goal Goal Goal
Gururin
Irritating Maze
Jockey Grandprix
Kabuki Klash
King of Fighters 2000
King of the Monsters 2
League Bowling
Mahjong Kyoretsuden
Magician Lord
Metal Slug 5
Minnasano Okagesamadesu
Nam 1975
Ninja Combat
Ninja Master's
Pochi & Nyaa
Pop 'N Bounce
Power Spikes II
Puzzled
Quest of Jong Master
Quiz Daisousa Sen
Quiz King of Fighters
Quiz Meitantei Neo & Geo
Ragnagard
Real Bout Fatal Fury
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Real Bout Fatal Fury 2
Riding Hero
Samurai Shodown V
Sengoku 2
Shock Troopers
SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos (official)
Super Sidekicks
Tecmo World Soccer 96
The Super Spy
Top Players Golf
Twinkle Star Sprites
V-Liner
Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer
Waku Waku 7
Windjammers
World Heroes 2 Jet
World Heroes Perfect

Tiny correction here. The 161 does have Kabuki Klash, aka Far East of Eden.

Ckd N Lkd

Smoking Gun!,
So will this cart play in a 4 slot? You have to rermove all other carts? No mods needed?

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Something else I noticed last night is that both Last Blade 2 and Super Dodge Ball seemed to be preset on infinite time. I haven't noticed this on any nonfighting(ish) titles, and I'm sure it can still be changed in the options, but I'll keep an eye out for this and do some more testing.

Rig

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I guess I've decided on getting this, as soon as some sort of sale comes up. $100 would be my ideal price. I really do hate paying for a bootlegged cart, but, it really is the easiest way to know which games I'm interested in picking up for my collection.

Thanks again for the reviews.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
I guess I've decided on getting this, as soon as some sort of sale comes up. $100 would be my ideal price. I really do hate paying for a bootlegged cart, but, it really is the easiest way to know which games I'm interested in picking up for my collection.

Yeah, once you play Super Dodge Ball, you're definitely gonna want to pay more than you paid for the multicart for a 2nd original copy. ;)

neptonikboy

New Challenger
So will this cart play in a 4 slot? You have to rermove all other carts? No mods needed?
Well I have a 6 slot and I have to remove my other carts to play the 161. The reason being if I leave a cart in, when I select a game to play on the 161 it loads up the cart I left in instead.

FrizzleFried

Mr. Big's Thug
I have a 150 in 1... same manufacturer... I can put the cart in slot 1 of my 4-slot and on boot up it loads the 150-in-1 menu. After selection, the game you selected is one of the 4 available you can select from... want another game? Go in to the game that is on the 150-in-1 and hold down P1 for a few seconds and the menu pops back up... select a different game and upon reset that game is now one of the 4 I can select from.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member

Just download MAME and all the Neo roms. That's what the majority of this site did. Not sure why you'd even want to drop $100 on a cart that didn't have all of the Neo games, and had tons of hacked bootlegs ;) Super awesome free is better. Then if you want some rare Neo MVS carts, let me know. I've got to get rid of all mine sooner or later.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Just download MAME and all the Neo roms. That's what the majority of this site did. Not sure why you'd even want to drop $100 on a cart that didn't have all of the Neo games, and had tons of hacked bootlegs ;) Super awesome free is better. Then if you want some rare Neo MVS carts, let me know. I've got to get rid of all mine sooner or later.

MAME is great for single player, but when it comes to multiplayer, it can be a pain in the ass. It's better to run on original hardware if possible. That's one of the things that's great about the multicart.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I have a 150 in 1... same manufacturer... I can put the cart in slot 1 of my 4-slot and on boot up it loads the 150-in-1 menu. After selection, the game you selected is one of the 4 available you can select from... want another game? Go in to the game that is on the 150-in-1 and hold down P1 for a few seconds and the menu pops back up... select a different game and upon reset that game is now one of the 4 I can select from.

Did you remove your backup battery by chance or have you tried clearing your backup ram?

neptonikboy

New Challenger
There's only two thing's I don't like about the 161-1 which is it doesn't store any of your highest scores and also it doesn't run through all the games in free play (demo mode). Apart from that it's awesome.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
There's only two thing's I don't like about the 161-1 which is it doesn't store any of your highest scores and also it doesn't run through all the games in free play (demo mode). Apart from that it's awesome.

Doesn't the onboard ram in the MVS save the scores from the last few games you played?

FrizzleFried

Mr. Big's Thug
Doesn't the onboard ram in the MVS save the scores from the last few games you played?

No... from my best guess, the multi uses that HS memory to store dip switches.... because you can save a TON of soft dips on the thing... way more than you usually can with regular carts I do believe.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
No... from my best guess, the multi uses that HS memory to store dip switches.... because you can save a TON of soft dips on the thing... way more than you usually can with regular carts I do believe.

LOL....I'm getting my first MVS cab next week and I still won't have high scores....

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Do you think any of these multi-carts will enventually have Ironclad or any other complete proto type games on it?

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Do you think any of these multi-carts will enventually have Ironclad or any other complete proto type games on it?

I would assume so. They seem be conscious of which games tend to be rare and more expensive. After all, they added Super Dodge Ball when they updated the 150 game cart to the 161.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Ghostlop included in the 138-in-1 is the only prototype added to a multicart that I know of.