161-in-1 Game Breakdown

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
When I get my cart I will take my calipers and mic up a SNK board and the 161 and see what the difference is

driph

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
Since the names within the 60-in-1 menu are written in Chinese, I've put together a mini marquee to serve as a guide... for those of ya that are familiar with the various hacks out there, do I have these listed correctly? (legit roms in white, hacks in gray)

NeoGeo_60n1.png

corebass420

Crossed Swords Squire
Since I got my 4 slot, a buddy and I have been making it a point to play through every game on the 161-in-1, one by one. Usually beating 1 a day, sometimes 2, today we are on Pre Isle 2. I have only noticed 2 glitches: the cart won't reset if my memory card is in my cab and when I got to level 3 of 8 Man, the background and foreground went black. All that was visible were the 1 & 2 player sprites and the enemies. We played through a couple areas like that and it didn't fix itself.

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
Haha my reset doesn't work....ever since I got the memory card.....duh! Haha thanks for helping me figure that out.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Since the names within the 60-in-1 menu are written in Chinese, I've put together a mini marquee to serve as a guide... for those of ya that are familiar with the various hacks out there, do I have these listed correctly? (legit roms in white, hacks in gray)

View attachment 8245

Can you point in the direction of any places selling the 60-in-1? Haven't seen it for sale at the usual retailers.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
That's a surprisingly low proportion of hack-to-legit ratio.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Yeah, best I'd seen, plus Twinkle Star Sprites.

Would be ideal IMHO if it had Magician Lord ;)
As it stands its still probably the best multi cart currently availalbe for the MVS right now, Nam'75, Ghost pilots, TSS and Super Spy alone make it worth getting even for 161-in-1 owners.
On the 161-in-1 there are too many hacks and specifically KOF hacks - scrolling through all that garbage is a pain.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
I just got my 161-1. I checked for the errors I read in this thread.

I got the same problem with Samurai Showdown (both versions), Kyoshiro's sprite is all messed up when he attacks.
I also find Aero Fighters 3 is unplayable, floating bullets and little to no enemies made this game so dull.
As for Tizoc's stage having glitched graphics, I remember this glitch from the rom version of MOTW i used to play when the game was new. I guess the rom dumps the makers are using are not proper.

I have yet to see any issues with other games, I spent the whole day playing.
Double Dragon
Breakers Revenge
Karnovs Revenge
Samurai Showdown 3
Samurai Showdown 4
Metal Slug X
Metal Slug 4
Mr Neo Do
Money puzzle Exchanger
Neo Turf Master
Nightmare in the dark
Zupapa ( Though theres is weird glitchy noises, but they are also there on the rom version. Is this normal ?)

Is there a way to access the softdips for each game ?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Press the Test Mode button to access the softdips.

alby13

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I just got my 161-1. I checked for the errors I read in this thread.

I got the same problem with Samurai Showdown (both versions), Kyoshiro's sprite is all messed up when he attacks.
I also find Aero Fighters 3 is unplayable, floating bullets and little to no enemies made this game so dull.
As for Tizoc's stage having glitched graphics, I remember this glitch from the rom version of MOTW i used to play when the game was new. I guess the rom dumps the makers are using are not proper.

I have yet to see any issues with other games, I spent the whole day playing.
Double Dragon
Breakers Revenge
Karnovs Revenge
Samurai Showdown 3
Samurai Showdown 4
Metal Slug X
Metal Slug 4
Mr Neo Do
Money puzzle Exchanger
Neo Turf Master
Nightmare in the dark
Zupapa ( Though theres is weird glitchy noises, but they are also there on the rom version. Is this normal ?)

Is there a way to access the softdips for each game ?

sounds like you had a lot of fun with that game played list :forw::A: :)

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Press the Test Mode button to access the softdips.

Or if you have Unibios you can select a soft reset from the menu and press :B:+:C:+:D:

AS for the 161-in-1 - one thing that has me thinking regarding the audio is how on the Neo Geo white startup screen (max 330 mega pro gear spec etc. ) the music sounds slightly different for each game. Can anybody with some original carts confirm or otherwise what is the case when bootign up some original games - does the music always sound the same or are there differences between even legit carts?

DvdXploitr

Quiz Detective
Sorry if this has been answered already....but I have read that this works with the Unibios....with the MVS converter....but what about the MVS Magic Key with Unibios? I know the Magic Key has the Unibios built in....but if I have Unibios in my system already (for the AES games...) and then use the Magic Key...will this still work with region change, cheats, MVS to AES change....

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I believe your answer is in this thread over in the market place. I do not own a home console ("AES"), but from what I gathered the 161-in-1 cart will work with the Magic Key converter and built in Unibios, but you will have to press the bypass button on the converter or get the latest update for it. As for cheats/region/mode I do not know but would speculate that you can use the unibios on your console motherboard to make those changes.

dougal

n00b
I just ordered one of these 161in1 Carts... Shame that The Super Spy is not included

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
So with this new cartridge the only games you get over 161 in 1 are:

Puzzled
Voltage fighter Gowcaizer
Waku Waku 7
NAN-1975
The Super Spy
Ninja combat
Ghost Pilots
Twinkle Star Sprites
League Bowling
pop'n'bounce

did this by hand is that correct?

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
They're talking about the 60 in 1 cart that was linked previously. Apparently the seller only had one unit in stock, which was sold to the member who linked it here. It has some good titles not found on the 161