Animal crossing 3DS

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Sadly, Crazy Redd hasn't visited me yet, and I need one piece of art in my museum to unlock the museum upgrade public works project. :(

Shit, he visited me a few days ago and I didnt buy anything. Maybe next time.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Much different than the previous DS version I popped in the old game today to see the difference, and "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" is so much smoother and better in every way! The whole game seems happier and Nintendo really listened to its fans.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Here's the help with identifying fake art that I promised last night.

Spoiler:

How to identify fake art sold by Crazy Redd
Ancient Sculpture - The fake version has eyeballs with pupils.
Animal Sculpture - The fake version has one boy.
Beautiful Sculpture - The fake version has long hair.
Great Sculpture - The subject's palm is facing downward in the fake.
Manly Sculpture - The fake version has a cloth hanging over both shoulders.
Mystic Sculpture - The fake version has a round head.
Robust Sculpture - The fake is holding a flying saucer.
Valiant Sculpture - The fake version has bat-like wings.
Amazing Painting - In the fake the man in the black suit is on the left, the man in white is on the right.
Basic Painting - The fake has a man with both hands on his hips.
Dynamic Painting - The fake Painting has a large Mt. Fuji under the wave.
Famous Painting - In the fake her left hand is on top.
Good Painting - A fly is on the fruit in the fake.
Jolly Painting - The fake's subject has a carrot, with a green sprout, for a nose.
Moving Painting - In the fake the shell is closed.
Quaint Painting - The fake's subject is missing a white bonnet.
Serene Painting - The fake has a cat instead of a ferret.
Scary Painting - The fake features long, prominent index fingers pointing right.
Solemn Painting – The fake has the girl standing up and very tall.
Supple Painting - In the fake, the subject's head is looking to the left.
Wild Painting - The fake has the white figure on the right, the black on the left.
Wistful Painting - The fake's subject is wearing an orange bonnet.
Common Painting - No fake in existence.
Fine Painting - No fake in existence.
Flowery Painting – No fake in existence.
Gentle Painting - No fake in existence.
Moody Painting - No fake in existence.
Nice Painting – No fake in existence.
Perfect Painting – No fake in existence.
Proper Painting – No fake in existence.
Scenic Painting – No fake in existence.
Warm Painting – No fake in existence.
Worthy Painting – No fake in existence.

Last edited:

Cyclops

Mr. Big's Thug
got a speed bag piece of furniture

pretty awesome considering i wanted my home to be a gym (if anyone gets any fitness equipment--think of me)

I have a High Jump Mat if you need it. It's a bed.

I'm hoping I can snag at least 3 new types of fruit tomorrow on the island and start planting, get some variety going. I also need a slingshot! It kills me to see so many presents floating by..
I also need a slingshot! Damn those presents! I was able to pop one of the balloons by hitting it with my net while on the cliff as it was coming inland from the beach though. Ended up getting a TV from it!

This is my first Animal Crossing game. Not bad! I'm on Day 3. Tried to build a campfire but the placement wasn't what I wanted (one space too high) so I canceled that shit. Now I have to wait a day...

My town has Apples and I got a Perfect Apple so I planted it. Still growing. That tree should only sprout Perfect Apples, right?

My friend code is 1607-1491-4749 if anyone wants to add me.

Edit: Forgot to mention. Fuck bees! I got stung 3 times in a row yesterday.
1416886_o.gif

Last edited:

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Stopped by Best Buy today to get my Raccoon Clock...felt like a weirdo doing it, but that's the price we pay for limited edition DLC.

Magician

20 Year Member
Looks like the cost to max out the space within your home through upgrades is roughly 7.5 million bells.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Stopped by Best Buy today to get my Raccoon Clock...felt like a weirdo doing it, but that's the price we pay for limited edition DLC.

I stopped by mine today and they didn't have SHIT. Maybe wait a few more days.

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
Got fooled by a fake dynamic painting, and when Redd stopped by again today I bought the great statue... another fake. Only found out after magician posted the fakes guide. Feeling pretty foolish here now.

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
This and Fire Emblem are an amazing combination of gaming right now (besides the occasional arcade break). Should keep me busy all summer.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
I stopped by mine today and they didn't have SHIT. Maybe wait a few more days.

Did you go to the post office and ask to download gifts? Nothing is in the nintendo Zone itself that indicates obtaining the content...you just have to connect and then fire up the game.

Magician

20 Year Member
I've just had my best trip to the island yet. One hour, 40 assorted fish & bugs = 420k. You know you're running well in farming when you're throwing away 4k fish because they're "too small". The trick?

After 7pm destroy all the flowers and trees except for two palm trees (one west, one east) and one tree in the middle. Also, be sure to shew away small fish by dashing at them on the coastline. If it doesn't have a fin sticking out of the water...scare it off. Profit!

Last edited:

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
I've just had my best trip to the island yet. One hour, 40 assorted fish & bugs = 420k. You know you're running well in farming when you're throwing away 4k fish because they're "too small". The trick?

After 7pm destroy all the flowers and trees except for two palm trees (one west, one east) and one tree in the middle. Also, be sure to shew away small fish by dashing at them on the coastline. If it doesn't have a fin sticking out of the water...scare it off. Profit!

Which fish do you find are worth the most?

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
So is this as good as the first Animal Crossing? I've not really enjoyed any of the AC games since the GCN.

Got fooled by a fake dynamic painting, and when Redd stopped by again today I bought the great statue... another fake. Only found out after magician posted the fakes guide. Feeling pretty foolish here now.

The guide should come down. Let Animal Crossing be just as exciting as the Neo scene.

Magician

20 Year Member
So is this as good as the first Animal Crossing? I've not really enjoyed any of the AC games since the GCN.

As good? Hmm. I still sorely miss the NES games you could collect in the GCN version. And I don't know why you can't send letters w/presents to friends across the internet?

Other than those two minor gripes, yeah. New Leaf is the most refined entry in the series. But the series is still only as good as your friend list. If you play this solely as a single player experience you'll get bored rather quickly

Magician

20 Year Member
Here's another secret I wanted to share.

It wouldn't be a terrible thing to add to your daily New Leaf routine.

Spoiler:

As soon as you purchase a diving suit from the Tropical Island be sure to spend time diving on the mainland. If you're diving and you find a scalop the seaman Pascal will show up. Pascal will ask if you would give him the scalop. Do it. In return he'll give you a sea set item. The sea set is a rare set that, once complete, will greatly boost your HRA score.

Pascal will trade you a sea set item for a scalop once everyday.

Last edited:

Magician

20 Year Member
When can I get to the island?

You need a 100% approval rating and have paid off the first expansion of your home (40k bells). Do those two things and the previous Mayor, Tortimor, should greet you the next time you load your save file. He'll ask that you meet him on the dock. After you've talked to him on the dock he'll send his private boat the following day.

You'll have access to the island from that point on. At the cost of 1k bells per trip.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
I really didn't like the 3DS at launch, so never bothered with it.

That said, I'm a big fan of Animal Crossing, and they did bring out a cute looking Ltd edition ... so I caved in.

I really like the large screen on this and am really enjoying the new AC game!

nEp0PSX.jpg

Paid off house, check.
Fished a ton, check.
Got approval to 93%, check.
Shut down without saving, check.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
I really didn't like the 3DS at launch, so never bothered with it.

That said, I'm a big fan of Animal Crossing, and they did bring out a cute looking Ltd edition ... so I caved in.

I really like the large screen on this and am really enjoying the new AC game!
Damn. Haven't adopted the 3DS yet but these systems look stellar. I want 10. :)

Cyclops

Mr. Big's Thug
This game is addicting. Woke up at 10am and played it all day. Only stopped because I have to get ready for work. I got access to the island now so I got some mangoes, durian, and lemons along with my apples and oranges. I like how one of the villagers told me I have bags under my eyes and recommend 14 hours of rest. :lolz:

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Paid off house, check.
Fished a ton, check.
Got approval to 93%, check.
Shut down without saving, check.

Aaaarghhh!

This game is addicting. Woke up at 10am and played it all day. Only stopped because I have to get ready for work. I got access to the island now so I got some mangoes, durian, and lemons along with my apples and oranges. I like how one of the villagers told me I have bags under my eyes and recommend 14 hours of rest. :lolz:

Heh, I keep having 'little go's', next thing I'm on there for ages.