Animal crossing 3DS

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Day 3

What a day, what a day.

A couple visitors in chipperkwah and Kirk Foiden, both bearing kickass gifts. Thank you both.

Since chipperkwah gave me a fishing rod I was able to rock'n'roll on my fish museum catalog, and finally start to earn some serious bells. I paid off my second loan of 98k, and I now have 100k banked in preparation of paying off the 198k loan today. I fired up the 3DS to also find my approval rating at 100%; now I'm just waiting for approval to go through so I can begin public works. Hell, I even caught a coelacanth on the beach last night; not an easy thing to do with a basic fishing rod.

I think I've already put 15 hours into New Leaf without blinking an eye.

Just awesome; best game in the series if you ask me.

Edit:

P.S. - I thought I'd throw up a spoiler explaining how to get the silver tools.

Something for the new players to aim for.

But if you want to keep the New Leaf experience organic go ahead and avoid the spoiler box.

Spoiler:

Silver Axe - purchase on the Tropical Island for eight medals.
"More durable than a basic axe. Also creates rare stump patterns."

Silver Fishing Rod - purchase from the museum second floor after donating 30 unique fish.
"Fish are more likely to bite and they bite down on the lure longer."

Silver Net - purchase from the museum second floor after donating 30 unique bugs.
"Wider capture range than a basic net."

Silver Shovel - purchase from the museum second floor after donating 15 unique fossils.
"Striking the money rock has a chance to produce gems instead of bells."

Silver Slingshot - shoot down a present carried by two silver balloons.
"Fires two shots instead of one."

Silver Watering Can - talk to Leif the gardener after purchasing 50 flower seeds from his shop.
"Has a wider watering range than the basic watering can."

Last edited:

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Went to the island today, at least 4 different fruits there. Nothing exciting in it's store yet.

I am holding off paying my 190k loan and focusing on getting shit and improving the town. The town improvements are expensive and I'd rather put money towards that instead of making the house bigger at this point. Started a new bridge, but getting donations from the residents isn't happening, or isn't happening fast enough.

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
I started a new bridge as well, and also enacted the wealthy town ordinance. It doesn't go into effect until tomorrow though, so I'm hoarding up all my rare fish in a dresser to sell later. My island doesn't open until tomorrow! The wait is tough..

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I started a new bridge as well, and also enacted the wealthy town ordinance. It doesn't go into effect until tomorrow though, so I'm hoarding up all my rare fish in a dresser to sell later. My island doesn't open until tomorrow! The wait is tough..

Thats a great idea, before I enact that I will hoard a buch of shit and FLIP it.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Went to the island today, at least 4 different fruits there. Nothing exciting in it's store yet.

4 different fruits? I went for the first time yesterday and I only have Lychee and Coconuts on my island.

That being said, it was a nice distraction and I caught around 6 unique fish and a few insects

Last edited:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
got a speed bag piece of furniture

pretty awesome considering i wanted my home to be a gym (if anyone gets any fitness equipment--think of me)

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
got a speed bag piece of furniture

pretty awesome considering i wanted my home to be a gym (if anyone gets any fitness equipment--think of me)

Will do. I think I remember seeing a boxing ring in the gamecube game. I wonder if they keep every item from the past games in the series? Besides the NES games, of course.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
3695-1322-7653
RevQuixo

Add me...I wants all your fruits. Have Cherries and apples (thanks Magician!) Will add anyone in this thread right now.

Magician

20 Year Member
Took chipperkwah's idea and ran with it. I've got 400k worth of fish to sell tomorrow for when the boom bell ordinance goes into effect. I also managed to pay the 198k loan, but not in time to order the next home upgrade from Nook. I guess I'll finish the bridge and visit the island tomorrow.

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
I'm hoping I can snag at least 3 new types of fruit tomorrow on the island and start planting, get some variety going. I also need a slingshot! It kills me to see so many presents floating by..

Magician

20 Year Member
The Boom Bell ordinance is a 20% increase for recycling/selling items to stores, but it also increases purchasing costs by 20%. It's worth using, I think, since you'll be earning far more than you'll be spending.

It's also worth noting that everybody should pay attention to the board outside Re-Tail. It changes daily. The items posted for the day Reese will pay double for. I missed out on 50k yesterday because I didn't sell my saw sharks to her. :(

Last edited:

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
The Boom Bell ordinance is a 20% increase for recycling/selling items to stores, but it also increases purchasing costs by 20%. It's worth using, I think, since you'll be earning far more than you'll be spending.

It's also worth noting that everybody should pay attention to the board outside Re-Tail. It changes daily. The items posted for the day Reese will pay double for. I missed out on 50k yesterday because I didn't sell my saw sharks to her. :(

Very true. Reese was paying double for the barbel steed today, good thing I had around 30 of those bastards.

Just so everyone knows, canceling a funding project leaves you unable to start another project until the next day. Just found that out, to my chagrin.

Just fired it up and trying to get started..

Weevil
0173-1308-2732

I think I've added everyone in the thread.

Last edited:

Magician

20 Year Member
The weekend is here. Tomorrow is the bug catching tournament. Sunday is the Stalk Exchange; I'll be sure to post my turnip price if it's worth investing serious bells in. I hope other players post their prices and make their town available if their price is good.

A good price being in the 40-60 bell range.

I'm ready to double (triple or quadruple) a 500k investment.

P.S. - I decided to put together a list of the badges you can unlock in New Leaf. Badges are New Leaf's version of achievements. These are inconsequential; they could be used as a personal goal, but really they serve no purpose other than to gauge just how much you've played the game. Earned badges will be recorded on your Mayor ID card.

There're twenty-four categories to earn badges for. The usual bronze, silver, and gold tiers. With a total of 72 badges to earn throughout your time playing the game. Many of these badges are intended to be earned after several years of playing the game, so don't be surprised by some of their requirements.

Again if you'd prefer to keep your New Leaf experience organic go ahead and avoid the spoiler box.

*The names for alot of these badges are halfassed translations, sorry for that.

Spoiler:

Badges

Travel Neighbours - visit other villages over 100 times.
World Traveller - visit other villages over 250 times.
Space Traveller - visit other villages over 500 times.

Beginner Remake – ask Cyrus to redesign furniture more than 30 times.
Expert Remake – ask Cyrus to redesign furniture more than 100 times.
Master Remake – ask Cyrus to redesign furniture more than 200 times.

Good Insects of Birds – catch over 500 bugs.
Master Bird Beetle - catch over 2,000 bugs.
Bird Master of Insects - catch over 5,000 bugs.

Su Master Speakeasy – catch over 100 sea creatures.
Professional Diver – catch over 200 sea creatures.
Divemaster – catch over 1,000 sea creatures.

Amature Traders Wear – earn 500,000 bells selling turnips on the Stalk Exchange.
Wearing Professional Trader – earn 3 million bells selling turnips on the Stalk Exchange.
Trader Capped Charisma - earn 10 million bells selling turnips on the Stalk Exchange.

Bronze Medallist – earn over 300 medals on the Tropical Island.
Silver Medallist – earn over 1,500 medals on the Tropical Island.
Gold Medalist – earn over 3,000 medals on the Tropical Island.

Balloon Hunter – shoot down over 30 balloons.
Balloon Burster - shoot down over 100 balloons.
Sniper Balloon - shoot down over 200 balloons.

Happy Homer B – score over 50,000 for the Happy Room Academy.
Happy Homer S – score over 100,000 for the Happy Room Academy.
Happy Homer G – score over 150,000 for the Happy Room Academy.

Dreamer – use the Dream Suite more than 50 times.
Dreamer Considerable – use the Dream Suite more than 200 times.
Eternal Dreamer – use the Dream Suite more than 500 times.

Niwano Gardener – grow flowers and/or trees from seeds more than 100 times.
Gardener of the Village – grow flowers and/or trees from seeds more than 250 times.
Gardening Craftsman - grow flowers and/or trees from seeds more than 500 times.

Good Shopping – spend over 500,000 bells making purchases outside of the order catalog.
Shopping Mania – spend over 2 million bells making purchases outside of the order catalog.
Charisma Buyer – spend over 5 million bells making purchases outside of the order catalog.

Village Representative – cumulative playtime of over 50 hours.
Village Charisma - cumulative playtime of over 200 hours.
Mayor’s Village – cumulative playtime of over 500 hours.

Catalog Mania B – collect over 20% of the order catalog items.
Catalog Mania S – collect over 50% of the order catalog items.
Catalog Mania G – collect over 80% of the order catalog items.

Good Person – successfully help residents over 50 times
A kind Person – successfully help residents over 100 times.
Village Concierge – successfully help residents over 300 times.

Ki First Letter – send letters over 50 times.
Correspondent – send letters over 100 times.
Correspondent Amazing – send letters over 200 times.

Good Savings – maintain an ABD balance of over 1 million bells.
Loaded – maintain an ABD balance of over 10 million bells.
Millionaire – maintain an ABD balance of over 100 million bells.

Fans only – watch over 20 shows at Club LOL.
Supporters only – watch over 50 shows at Club LOL.
Chasers only – watch over 100 shows at Club LOL.

Good Fishing – catch over 500 fish.
Fishing Expert – catch over 2,000 fish.
Master of Fishing – catch over 5,000 fish.

Good Passing – communicate through street pass over 100 times.
Adept Passing – communicate through street pass over 300 times.
Master of the Passing – communicate through street pass over 1,000 times.

First Ki Hospitality – have over 50 people visit your town.
Professional Hospitality – have over 200 people visit your town.
I want Shinzeru – have over 500 people visit your town.

Weed Hunter – pull over 500 weeds.
Weed Buster – pull over 2,000 weeds.
Weed Sniper – pull over 5,000 weeds.

Some Bugs - fill over 50% of the bug collection picture book.
Lots of Bugs - fill over 80% of the bug collection picture book.
Encyclopedia of Bugs – fill 100% of the bug collection picture book.

Some Fish - fill over 50% of the fish collection picture book.
Lots of Fish - fill over 80% of the fish collection picture book.
Encyclopedia of Fish – fill 100% of the fish collection picture book.

Some Creatures - fill over 50% of the sea creature collection picture book.
Lots of Creatures - fill over 80% of the sea creature collection picture book.
Encyclopedia of Creatures – fill 100% of the sea creature collection book.

Last edited:

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member

Does this also mean house expansions will increase?

Magician

20 Year Member
Does this also mean house expansions will increase?

No, only items you purchase off the shelf at places like Nookling General Store, Nook's Homes, Gardening Store, etc. To my knowledge the increase does not affect mortgage loans, public works, or items bought at Re-Tail.

Magician

20 Year Member
One week in.

New Leaf has found its way onto several of my favorites lists. Favorite: in series, 3DS game, game of 2013, all-time top twenty-five, etc. The series has always been something special for me. New Leaf is the distilled, concentrated version of everything the series has offered thus far.

If collecting stuff and/or life sims aren't your thing, that's fine. But I might say you're missing something if haven't played any Animal Crossing games before now and you've chosen to skip this one aswell.

Anywho, enough gushing, back to this and that.

I'm on the lookout for fruits I don't have yet. Peaches, pears, and persimmons. With those my orchard containing every fruit offered in the game will be complete. Give me better than a few days and I'll have grown the other fruits and have them available to anyone who wants them.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Goodness this game is addicting...I just got my satisfaction up to 100% so tomorrow things will start moving in the mayor's office, plus Tortimer visited today so I'll have Island access too. To top it off a villager gave me a Durian...so yay for that. I should have Cherries (including perfect cherries), apples, durians, oranges, bananas, & lemons all up in the next few days.

I love the expanded variety of stuff to collect, I haven't played AC seriously since the GCN version, but this one is a definite system seller for fans of the series.

Just need a axe, slingshot, and watering can at this point...I like to set up my orchards in groves and the excess trees are cramping my style.

Last edited:

prosolis

n00b
I love this freaking game. I'm adding everyone that posted their friend code to this thread. Here's my friend code: 4167-4582-4278

Magician

20 Year Member
Goodness this game is addicting...I just got my satisfaction up to 100% so tomorrow things will start moving in the mayor's office, plus Tortimer visited today so I'll have Island access too. To top it off a villager gave me a Durian...so yay for that. I should have Cherries (including perfect cherries), apples, durians, oranges, bananas, & lemons all up in the next few days.

I love the expanded variety of stuff to collect, I haven't played AC seriously since the GCN version, but this one is a definite system seller for fans of the series.

Just need a axe, slingshot, and watering can at this point...I like to set up my orchards in groves and the excess trees are cramping my style.

The bell boom combined with tropical island access is the best source of revenue. Once you get an idea of which 40 bugs and fish are worth taking back to the mainland. Figure that out and it won't be difficult to bring in 200k-300k for an hour of playtime. Especially 6pm-midnight, the bugs on the palm trees = $$$.

prosolis

n00b
Thanks for the friend add, Magician.

Anyone have a painting for sale? I can't find one anywhere.

Magician

20 Year Member
Thanks for the friend add, Magician.

Anyone have a painting for sale? I can't find one anywhere.

Crazy Redd is the art dealer. He's suppose to visit your town once a week. He sells four pieces of art everytime he visits, the problem is that three out of the four pieces are fake. I'll be sure to post a guide that helps identify fake art first thing tomorrow morning.

Sadly, Crazy Redd hasn't visited me yet, and I need one piece of art in my museum to unlock the museum upgrade public works project. :(

prosolis

n00b
Yeah, he hasn't visited me either. And no worries, I know all about Crazy Redd's antics (this is my 4th AC game). :)