Animal crossing 3DS

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
I'm getting pretty excited as well, just bought a much larger SD card so I'll have room. Have you read the Iwata Asks interview?

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I'm getting pretty excited as well, just bought a much larger SD card so I'll have room. Have you read the Iwata Asks interview?

Hmm, I have not. Guess I'll go hunt that down.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Cant wait for this one, I hope it has a lot of content as we have certainly been waiting long enough for it's release.

Magician

20 Year Member
It was a good first day. The "nookery" had a net and shovel. With those I was able to get my 10k starter home paid off immediately. I collected about a dozen insects, put 50k in the bank for use tomorrow, and sent letters to all the residents.

I'm keyed up. The game looks great, the audio is a step up, and the inventory system is friendlier than ever. Now I just have to work on my approval rating (currently 29%) and get access to city works. I desperately need a bridge that goes east and west in my town.

So far the game is as addictive as ever. I want to keep playing even though I've run out of things to do for the day in my town. Alas, I've got to wait for tomorrow's restock of the shops. Then there's my upgraded house, letters back from the residents, new tools from the nookery.

Good times, very good times.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Picked mine up today as well. Shovel and fishing rod where in the store but I haven't gone fishing yet. Paid off my down payment.

Magician we should exchange friend codes or leave our friend codes.

Magician

20 Year Member
Magician we should exchange friend codes or leave our friend codes.

0344-9285-3497

Of course. Anytime, Greg.

This is what I'll mostly be playing until Pikmin 3 in August. I've got apples if you or anyone else is interested. My city gate is open for visitors. If you see me on don't hesitate to jump in.

My usual playing hours are between 4pm-9pm.

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I picked it up today, but my wife has gotten a hold of it and I haven't seen my 3DS since :D I'll check out the friend code and post it up tomorrow. She is really liking it so far, so I am anxious to give the game a go.

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I picked it up today and it's fun. Only thing I'm not liking right now is that I play a lot of games very late at night and stores (in game) close pretty early. Guess I'll have to start playing this before I go to work instead of after.

Is any fruit that's not in your town considered "rare" when you sell it, or are some fruits better than others?

I have a "perfect pear" what's the difference between that a regular pear?

I'm not an AC vet, but what are the benefits of going to someone else's town?

Magician

20 Year Member
I picked it up today and it's fun. Only thing I'm not liking right now is that I play a lot of games very late at night and stores (in game) close pretty early. Guess I'll have to start playing this before I go to work instead of after.

Is any fruit that's not in your town considered "rare" when you sell it, or are some fruits better than others?

I have a "perfect pear" what's the difference between that a regular pear?

I'm not an AC vet, but what are the benefits of going to someone else's town?

Once you unlock public works (pay 10k for a home and gain 100% approval rating) you gain access to a city ordiance called Night Owl. It keeps stores open through all hours of the night.

The perfect fruit is a rare drop. If you plant the perfect fruit it should grow a tree that grows only perfect fruit. It's easy money, and who doesn't love easy money? Beyond selling for more than a regular fruit I don't believe having or not having perfect fruit trees affects your approval rating.

The benefit of going to someone else's town is to aquire different variety of fruit. Trade other pieces of furniture to complete a set you're working on (as the stores in your game will never spawn every piece of furniture you'll need for whichever set you're looking to complete). Trade other items; perhaps bugs or fish from the times of day you cannot play to complete your catalog.

Last edited:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
forgot this was out so i downloaded it this morning

totally forgot about the simple and relaxing joys this game provides

i throw in my friend and add you all later

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
Got my copy, paid off the 10k and got the net, shovel, and pole. Got a king's beard as well, looks pretty fresh. Anyone that wants to add me should, my # is in my sig. I'm adding you mags.

My town gates are gonna be open all day.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
gah, so of course my 3dsxl has a new friend code. I forget how far behind nintendo is with the online systems sometimes.
Added my 3ds-xl code to my sig. 1907-7977-5467

I was going to wait a bit to start travelling, but it's going to take a while to get friends again. I'll start adding everyone in this thread.

Last edited:
Mine's gonna show late since my Amazon preorder got dicked due to a new CC number (fraud, ugh).

I was in bed for weeks with a serious illness when the first one came out, so I've got a soft spot.

Magician

20 Year Member
Day 2

Just as productive as yesterday. I took the 50k I banked on day one and paid off my loan from Nook. My next loan is 98k. Although I only have 90k in the bank at the moment, so I'll have to recycle a bit more today.

Paying off the 98k loan should give me access to the Tropical Island.

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
Day 2

Just as productive as yesterday. I took the 50k I banked on day one and paid off my loan from Nook. My next loan is 98k. Although I only have 90k in the bank at the moment, so I'll have to recycle a bit more today.

Paying off the 98k loan should give me access to the Tropical Island.

Dude how are you getting so much cash? That's wild.

Magician

20 Year Member
Dude how are you getting so much cash? That's wild.

Catching bugs
Shells on the beach
Fruit
Bees and beehives from trees ($$$)
Furniture and money from trees
Selling fossils the museum doesn't need
Money rock
Gem rock
Re-Tail abuse (putting furniture and gems on sale for 50% over what Reese would give me)

It's not difficult to earn 30k in a couple hours.

Just wait until I get a pole and can fish. Wooo boy!

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Yeah I already paid off the house and first expansion and the 2nd starts tomorrow 190K! Already have 100% from the residents and the town improvement permit will be approved in a few days.

Addicted to this game... Tried connecting to you a few times Magician. I have Cherry and Pear trees growing. Waiting on my Peaches to come back.

EDIT: the Island seemed to open today. Cant remember when I can go though.

Last edited:

Magician

20 Year Member
Addicted to this game... Tried connecting to you a few times Magician. I have Cherry and Pear trees growing. Waiting on my Peaches to come back.

EDIT: the Island seemed to open today. Cant remember when I can go though.

That's my fault. You need to the town gates closed to access the Mayor's desk and I forgot to open them back up. I also forgot how slowly apples grow. My town is out of apples now. :( I've got to remember to stash a few for friends.

I'll be back on in an hour, and will remain on a few hours after that.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
That's my fault. You need to the town gates closed to access the Mayor's desk and I forgot to open them back up. I also forgot how slowly apples grow. My town is out of apples now. :( I've got to remember to stash a few for friends.

I'll be back on in an hour, and will remain on a few hours after that.

What fruits do you need?

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
Catching bugs
Shells on the beach
Fruit
Bees and beehives from trees ($$$)
Furniture and money from trees
Selling fossils the museum doesn't need
Money rock
Gem rock
Re-Tail abuse (putting furniture and gems on sale for 50% over what Reese would give me)

It's not difficult to earn 30k in a couple hours.

Just wait until I get a pole and can fish. Wooo boy!

There's a pole in Timmy and Tommy's shop right now if you want to come to my town and get it.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
my code: 1864-8436-3311

just added everyone who put their code here

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
I have everyone added as well. If any cool cats wanna come in my gates will be open for an hour or two.

Magician

20 Year Member
My gates are open again. Unfortunately, my apples still haven't grow back yet. I will be sure to hold some aside once they're back. Atleast we (whomever visits) could BF each other for easier communication.