Animal crossing 3DS

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
I don't know. I asked a friend once, what was the harshest thing ever to come out of a character's mouth, and he told me once, after pestering someone (just for this experiment) he said a character turned toward him and said (imagine sneer) " I really didn't like that shirt you wore yesterday". Always makes me smile.

I once listened into a conversation between two of the animals in my villages and one admitted to changing the nameplate on the other's door to say 'Phyllis', the other one replied 'So that's why I kept getting those sickly letters from Pete, you really are a stupid idiot arent you? Now I have no regrets about dropping those fleas on you the other day'. :lol:

Wonder how many lines of text are in this game, must be well into the thousands.

3rdman

n00b
Wow, that's amazing. I tell you, that game's maniacal. :shame: Now I almost want to pop it in the DS and trim some weeds.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
"Wise from your gwave", bump.

Animal Crossing 3DS recently became the first 3DS title in Japan to pass the 2 million sold mark.

Animal Crossing: A New Leaf is still expecting in Q2 for other territories next year.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
is there a confirmed Wii U Animal Crossing? I would hate to play one, and then have another one come out right afterwards.

Magician

20 Year Member
Bump

Nintendo released a Japan-only, special Animal Crossing 3DS direct last week.

Last edited:

Magician

20 Year Member
Bump

Official release dates are June 9th for NA and June 14th for EU.

Time to schedule a few days off work.

prosolis

n00b
This is the reason I even bought a 3DS (well this and Sticker Star but that turned out to be a major disappointment). June 9th cannot come soon enough. I'm liking the Mayor feature and the promise of non-PAID DLC from Nintendo.

Magician

20 Year Member
This is the reason I even bought a 3DS (well this and Sticker Star but that turned out to be a major disappointment). June 9th cannot come soon enough. I'm liking the Mayor feature and the promise of non-PAID DLC from Nintendo.

I've read that another reason for the delay is to make some of the spotpass features online active. Which would be a very nice gesture from Nintendo. Understanding that NA and EU gaming culture revolves more around online connectivity.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I also want my unlockable NES classics back, like in the original GC Animal Crossing.

Maybe take it to the next level and put in an SNES classic or two.

But that would probably cut into 3DStore download sales.
Searching for the NES games is what kept me going on Animal Crossing. The AC games that came afterwards I did not play nearly as much and ended up selling, but I still have the GC game.

Oh yeah... as for the 3DS game... yeah I'll be getting it.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I'm really looking forward to this game, the mayor mode looks awesome. I still put time in on the Wii version of Animal Crossing.

Magician

20 Year Member
A translation of the Animal Crossing Nintendo Direct from last year.

I also replaced the video in post #33 with this one.

Magician

20 Year Member
Three more months?! That's so far away. Must watch more videos.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Haven't played Animal Crossing since the Gamecube. Very excited about this game. It will be nice to catch up.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Thanks to cdamm hooking me up with a new copy of Animal Crossing on the Gamecube it has me looking forward to this even more. Played more hours than I can to admit on the Wii version so this should be fun. Hopefully there will be some way to transfer stuff over from my Animal Crossing DS onto here, even if it's just some presents or different items.

Beelay

New Challenger
I bought the special edition system when it came to Japan.
Get excited, this is the best Animal Crossing game.

Magician

20 Year Member
Between its release on June 9th and the release of The Wonderful 101 on September 15th it's probably the only game I'll be playing in that span of time. It's the game I bought the 3DS for. I'm eager to get my Feng Shui fix. And since I haven't played anything new since BioShock Infinite back in March my body could use a fix aswell.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I have this pre ordered and ready to go. I'm looking forward to random events in my town.

My only concern is the poor online system from Nintendo. I am not even sure how it works anymore for 3ds. the WiiU was at least a step in the right direction.

Magician

20 Year Member
Just bumping to add the Treehouse interview series with the localization team.

Magician

20 Year Member
This will be the last time I bump the thread until I've played the game for awhile.

Bump for the launch trailer, which showcases many of the game's activities.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf currently holds an 88 over on metacritic.

It probably would be a 90 if it wasn't for that asshat over on Destructoid.

I'm excited, can you tell?