Animal crossing 3DS

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
So, will anyone admit to looking forward to this game?

I shall put my neck out and say that I am. :snack:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
It's the only reason I preordered a 3DS. Fuck those launch titles, however I do need a system for this game, if nothing else. I know that if I wait for Animal Crossing 3DS's release before I buy the system I'll be S.O.L. because you know it'll be sold out for the holiday season all the way through early next year. So yes, I'm onboard for Animal Crossing 3DS...whenever it arrives.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
I still play AC regularly on the WII and used to do the same on the cube version all those years ago. Hoping that they re-introduce the things that were taken from the cube version (like NES games) and add some new features for 3DS instead of focusing on network play gimmicks.

One thing I would love to be able to do is decorate the damn bedroom! :hammer:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I also want my unlockable NES classics back, like in the original GC Animal Crossing.

Maybe take it to the next level and put in an SNES classic or two.

But that would probably cut into 3DStore download sales.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I bought the first two console versions, so I don't see why I wouldn't get this one. Animal Crossing CF was only so so for me, so I'm not terribly excited about it, but we'll see.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
I always get addicted to Animal Crossing for a few weeks/months and then just sort of fizzle out on it. I will pick it up of course because I'll play it enough to get my value, and I really enjoy the games, just doesn't have the lasting effect on me I suppose.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Yea I'll be picking up a copy. Fun series, and my wife goes nuts over them.

Nickn

Swords, Dragons & Big Breasted Women
Hopefully they will add in a lot more new content, I have been down with this series since the cube. I buy every new version that comes out but man... sometimes it dont seem like they change much.

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
So, will anyone admit to looking forward to this game?

I shall put my neck out and say that I am. :snack:

yes... I dig the Animal Crossing games. I just wish they would make online play (IE going to towns and people visiting my town) like Diablo 2... where people can come in and visit and the game will be stable after they leave.

I seem to have issues when someone leaves my town... others cannot seem to get connected into my town. This is more for the DS version... but still. All versions could use a slight revamp online wise.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
I mentioned Animal Crossing 3D to my wife tonight at dinner. She was like, that's for the 3D thing? Do we have one of those?!! This is the kind of reaction I like to get when about to purchase expensive new things. I haven't even brought up Nintendogs + cats yet.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
I mentioned Animal Crossing 3D to my wife tonight at dinner. She was like, that's for the 3D thing? Do we have one of those?!! This is the kind of reaction I like to get when about to purchase expensive new things. I haven't even brought up Nintendogs + cats yet.

Just show her the vids of someone stroking the dogs in Nintendogs and she will endorse your purchase! ;)

Actually the 3D is the least important thing to me, I just like the idea of an updated handheld with a larger screen.

ghibben

Zero's Secretary
I had the whole setup back on gamecube. You know with GBA, link cable and e-reader. Played it alot on DS. Got it on Wii, but it was pretty much the same as the DS version so I lost interest quick.

As far as getting it for 3DS it would all depend on if there was going to be some new content.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
Oh hell yeah I'm looking forward to that. ONe of the many awesome launch titles I'm super hyped about.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I had the whole setup back on Gamecube. You know with GBA, link cable and e-reader.
I think that now would be a good time to reintroduce the concept of e-reader games/cards to the masses. With the advent of 'Augmented Reality' cards I could see them easily selling Animal Crossing specific AR cards that would grant you in game items and accessories. Just point the camera at them and you're on your way.

It'd be great if they were able to pull off full games on one card instead of five for things like NES Donkey Kong, too. I doubt it would ever happen, but it would be fun.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
I think that now would be a good time to reintroduce the concept of e-reader games/cards to the masses. With the advent of 'Augmented Reality' cards I could see them easily selling Animal Crossing specific AR cards that would grant you in game items and accessories. Just point the camera at them and you're on your way.

It'd be great if they were able to pull off full games on one card instead of five for things like NES Donkey Kong, too. I doubt it would ever happen, but it would be fun.

After the failure of the E Reader it probably wouldn't happen but I think that's a fantastic idea, with the camera built into the DS's now it would be super easy. Lots of potential there.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
After the failure of the E Reader it probably wouldn't happen but I think that's a fantastic idea, with the camera built into the DS's now it would be super easy. Lots of potential there.

I went a little crazy for the e-reader when it came out, I'm pretty certain there will be DLC in some form or another for AC3DS.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I went a little crazy for the e-reader when it came out, I'm pretty certain there will be DLC in some form or another for AC3DS.
I went pretty crazy for it, too. Still have all of my stuff.

3rdman

n00b
Uh, no. I have a town nearly full of weeds and a bunch of critters wondering where their neighbor went. The day the A.I. decided to move my favorite character away with no warning was the day I threw in the towel.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Uh, no. I have a town nearly full of weeds and a bunch of critters wondering where their neighbor went. The day the A.I. decided to move my favorite character away with no warning was the day I threw in the towel.

You should find a new favorite character,
and give them a custom designed shirt.
etc etc.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i want to be excited for this game, but they need to make it new.
The last 2 Animal Crossings were just too similar.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
Lets hope they stop nook from being such a tight ass when it comes to turnip prices! I remember when this happened to me in the gamecube version a while back! :buttrock:

IMAGE_252.jpg

3rdman

n00b
You should find a new favorite character,
and give them a custom designed shirt.
etc etc.

nope. I'm heart broken. Bones the dog was effected by the notorious "lazy character" glitch. Which means the game was never going to let me have his portrait. Bones was awesome, and if I remember correctly, his sudden absence made me become antagonistic toward most newcomers. :vik:

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
nope. I'm heart broken. Bones the dog was effected by the notorious "lazy character" glitch. Which means the game was never going to let me have his portrait. Bones was awesome, and if I remember correctly, his sudden absence made me become antagonistic toward most newcomers. :vik:

Its funny how we get attached to the animals, funny and a little frightening! But I agree, it sucks when one of your favorites decides to leave! :(

Has anyone ever complained about an animal at the town hall and what happened?

3rdman

n00b
Its funny how we get attached to the animals, funny and a little frightening! But I agree, it sucks when one of your favorites decides to leave! :(

Has anyone ever complained about an animal at the town hall and what happened?

I don't know. I asked a friend once, what was the harshest thing ever to come out of a character's mouth, and he told me once, after pestering someone (just for this experiment) he said a character turned toward him and said (imagine sneer) " I really didn't like that shirt you wore yesterday". Always makes me smile.