Fighter meet in Nor Cal

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Anyone in the Bay want in on a Taito stool group buy? I'd like to snag a few, but not all 5 in the case that I'll need to order. It would be just over $100 per stool.

Let me know if you're interested!

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Anyone in the Bay want in on a Taito stool group buy? I'd like to snag a few, but not all 5 in the case that I'll need to order. It would be just over $100 per stool.

Let me know if you're interested!

can you please share a pic? I may be interested! thanks y'all

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
They are the standard 43cm Taito stool with black "leather" top.

I think I have enough to fill out the first box of 5 stools, if I get some more interest I could grab another box of 5.

I requested a full invoice from my two contacts at different places, so whichever is cheaper is what I'll go with.

The yen/USD exchange rate isn't too horrible right now either. So that's good. :)

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Maybe you guys can help me out as im going to Sacramento in the end of April for a wedding. What's the traffic situation going to be like on a Sunday 7:00-8:00pm to San Francisco Airport? My flight is at 11:00pm but i have to be there 2hrs prior. HOpe someone can help me out.

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
The weekend shouldn't be as bad as weekday commuter traffic. I would still give yourself extra time since SFO security is hit or miss.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Maybe you guys can help me out as im going to Sacramento in the end of April for a wedding. What's the traffic situation going to be like on a Sunday 7:00-8:00pm to San Francisco Airport? My flight is at 11:00pm but i have to be there 2hrs prior. HOpe someone can help me out.

Sunday night traffic westbound between Sac and the bay area can actually get pretty bad on I-80, because you have lots of people going home from spending the weekend in the mountains. This will be especially bad if the ski resorts are still open. If I had a flight leaving SFO at 11PM on a Sunday night, I personally would leave Sac at around 6:30.

Source: I live in the Sac area.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Sunday night traffic westbound between Sac and the bay area can actually get pretty bad on I-80, because you have lots of people going home from spending the weekend in the mountains. This will be especially bad if the ski resorts are still open. If I had a flight leaving SFO at 11PM on a Sunday night, I personally would leave Sac at around 6:30.

Source: I live in the Sac area.

Thanks man, this is exactly what i was looking for. Damn 6:30 is way to early to leave the wedding, does it matter if the wedding is at Vacaville, CA? From mapquest it says its about 1hr 05min away, its just that the traffic is what worries me.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Thanks man, this is exactly what i was looking for. Damn 6:30 is way to early to leave the wedding, does it matter if the wedding is at Vacaville, CA? From mapquest it says its about 1hr 05min away, its just that the traffic is what worries me.

Definitely. Vacaville is about 30 minutes closer to SF. Maybe more when there's traffic involved. I think if you were on the road at 7:15 you should be alright. The problem is that SFO is on the peninsula south of SF, so you have to drive through the city to get there. That's kind of a wildcard so that's why you want to make sure that you give yourself some wiggle-room.

It's not like you're taking an international flight, so even if you didn't get to the airport until after 9:30, you should be fine. Out of curiosity, why didn't you just fly to Sac?

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Definitely. Vacaville is about 30 minutes closer to SF. Maybe more when there's traffic involved. I think if you were on the road at 7:15 you should be alright. The problem is that SFO is on the peninsula south of SF, so you have to drive through the city to get there. That's kind of a wildcard so that's why you want to make sure that you give yourself some wiggle-room.

It's not like you're taking an international flight, so even if you didn't get to the airport until after 9:30, you should be fine. Out of curiosity, why didn't you just fly to Sac?

Thanks, yeah the reason why is because SAC latest flight is 9:00 pm. SFO latest flight is 11:05 & the wedding starts at 4:00pm on a Sunday. Babysitter, school, work, & business is no bueno to stay another night & leave Monday morning.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Looking forward to trying out Skycurser at this year's CAX if it's making an appearance. I missed out on CAX last year, but I plan on showing up this year hopefully. Now I just hope my coworkers haven't requested those same days off, or else I'm kinda SOL.

MrWunderful

Stakes Winner
Looking forward to trying out Skycurser at this year's CAX if it's making an appearance. I missed out on CAX last year, but I plan on showing up this year hopefully. Now I just hope my coworkers haven't requested those same days off, or else I'm kinda SOL.

Thanks for reminding me, I need to pre-reg

PS my name is Corey too :glee:

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Thanks, yeah the reason why is because SAC latest flight is 9:00 pm. SFO latest flight is 11:05 & the wedding starts at 4:00pm on a Sunday. Babysitter, school, work, & business is no bueno to stay another night & leave Monday morning.

I fly SFO domestic monthly, sometimes multiple times a month. My rule of thumb is: 30 min for security, 30 minutes before boarding. You only need to be there ~1 hour before your flight boards. Maybe less since it's such a late night flight.

Last year I got Global Entry/TSA Pre approval so I've cut that time down to ~30 minutes tops. Both services are worth the investment if you fly often.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Anyone pre-reg for CAX? Never have before, and it was always smooth getting it.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Anyone pre-reg for CAX? Never have before, and it was always smooth getting it.

I did last year, and I plan on doing so this year as well. practically walked in and it was niiiiice :D. I'll be there again, and I'll look like this (on the left):

13708409_899136090195117_6317069527381945087_o.jpg

Last edited:

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
post went up seven hours ago about someone in mountain view selling off a bunch of pvm and bvms on craigslist, since I won't be heading to the bay until this weekend I was wondering if someone might be able to grab me one or two monitors, if not thats cool too, I'd understand you just grabbing them for yourself as well, they're being let go at pretty great prices, here's the craigslist link: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ele/6213572068.html

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
The girlfriend and I pre-registered and booked our hotel room for Cal-Ex tonight. Wanted to stay at the Hyatt, but we couldn't book for only one night, so we went for the Hilton instead.