Fighter meet in Nor Cal

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
I can vouch for TeddyKGB's numbers since I was in on this little group buy.
And I thought I read somewhere that Taito wasn't making anymore of the lower 43 inch stools.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I can vouch for TeddyKGB's numbers since I was in on this little group buy.

Yup. No more talky talky, proof is in the pudding as they say. Small order of 10, less than 120 each via FedEx. Contact info and financials blurred for the safety of the innocent. :lolz:

ZIo6dJ8.png

The price of the stools themselves is about 50-60 bux each so you are correct, the shipping (via FedEx express) is what ultimately doubles the price and then some. The 150-200 is just too much... either "your guy" isn't being completely honest with the price, or he's acting as a proxy, or well... I'll just leave the 3rd alternative scenario alone for now. :D

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I don't know what's going on with the FedEx quote, but the quote they gave me for FedEx was almost double that!

But the stool price I was quoted was the same, 5,500 yen a pop.

Looks like I'll just roll with their suggestion of TNT Economy so I can get each stool for $110 shipped.

$110 shipped seems like a good deal. (Lol, really it's probably not... But I want one of these damn things)

(Teddy - I wasn't questioning your numbers, I was just interested in them to make sure I'm not getting screwed.)

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I met up with Fox1 yesterday to pick up a motherboard and it reminded me that we are overdue to play some games!

I only have one machine and a pvm setup, but would anyone else possibly be willing to host? Teddy or Roger maybe :)

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I know Dub was looking to get together soon for a shmups meet near SF but other than that, I'm probably tied up till later this month.

I had a small little gtg a couple weeks back and am tied up this weekend and the following week I'll be in TX. I think Roger will be in SoCal later this week or weekend but don't quote me on that. All this to say, I'm all up for doing something later in the month but definitely hit up Dub in the mean time if you're jonesing for some action sooner than later. ;)

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Ok I was thinking maybe near the end of the month or early next month. I usually plan it out and make sure I can get out of work.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Quick heads up to the Bay peeps-

You might already know, but Ken from irepairsega.com lives in Sunnyvale. I went over to his place for a while to get some boards worked on. He's a fountain of knowledge on Sega arcade tech, and does incredibly high quality repairs in his workshop. He repaired my Net Dimm and burned some Naomi Bios chips while we chatted. Hit Ken up if you need repairs, and you save on shipping by just driving the stuff to him.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
BUMP! let's get together and play some games you guys! I'm so incredibly rusty, but it would be fun to see everyone and hit some :A::B::C::D:s

Can do my place, or willing to come out to the east bay one weekend! Thoughts? 20th or 27th?

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
BUMP! let's get together and play some games you guys! I'm so incredibly rusty, but it would be fun to see everyone and hit some :A::B::C::D:s

Can do my place, or willing to come out to the east bay one weekend! Thoughts? 20th or 27th?

I just picked up 2 net cities, also have an astro and a neo cab. I wouldnt mind hosting a small group. Im in the city.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I just moved to Sunnyvale from Dallas. I'd be down to meet up with y'all (especially I'm more settled). (double especially if you're not a newb) lol jk ;)

Dunno if you guys are into rhythm games but I have a few cabs and a lot of arcade controller setups I brought with me: https://www.facebook.com/HobocadeUSA/ photos here

I'm also overhauling my retro consoles + supergun setups and I plan to make a psuedo cab-dimension setup for MAME on a spare RGB CRT kinda like the rhythm game setups. Once I'm all ready I'd be down to host some gamenights with all of this shit going :)

Last edited:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Welcome to California.

I should be game for either day I think. Aegis ready!

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
I go to CAX every year for sure. Not bringing anything this year, I don't think. I'll see you there!

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I'm working those Saturday's unfortunately Chris. I have to schedule a sat off a few weeks out.

However I am also planning to be at CAX!

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
I'll be at CAX too. Lots of the Bay Area people will be there.
Dan, since you're in Sunnyvale, you're close to me. Maybe you can come over one day or drop by my workplace to say hi.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I'd be down! Things are busy now but I would like to meet you and whoever else.

Esper Wizard

New Challenger
I am going to CAX. This will be my third year. I always love it. I will probably be wearing a King of Fighters 97 shirt.

I can also come visit somebody else's house, especially somebody like Kaph33n or Legoslug since I live in San Francisco also. I have also gone to the warehouse at South Hayward and it is also a lot of fun.

I can also host a few people for games. I only rent a room, so only two or three people would be able to come. I have a Ms. Pac-Man arcade cabinet and a consolized Neo Geo.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I officially can't make CAX this year. Hella bummed, but maybe I'll be able to make an appearance later in the Summer. I hear the front stoop of the warehouse might be a good place to post up. ;^)

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I officially can't make CAX this year. Hella bummed, but maybe I'll be able to make an appearance later in the Summer. I hear the front stoop of the warehouse might be a good place to post up. ;^)

Damn! Was holding out hope... thought it would be cool for you to meet our new boy. ;) Next time pal, next time.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Damn! Was holding out hope... thought it would be cool for you to meet our new boy. ;) Next time pal, next time.

Believe me, brother-I'm kinda in shock that it isn't happening. I can't wait to meet your youngest. ^_^

Closing on a house is a nice consolation prize, tho.

I'm hellbent on getting out before the Summer is out!

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Damn! just saw this thread, too bad I already had plans. I really want to meet some of you folks in person.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Wow never heard of CAX, that looks awesome.
I've been going to CAX since 2007 or 2008. I highly recommend going at least once in your life if you care about arcade/pinball. pony up the $60 and find a floor to crash on.

I guess this is our next meetup then, can't wait to see everyone next month.