Fighter meet in Nor Cal

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Just got home... that was super sick. We will definitely have to do this again. let me know!

BIGTIME's setup is surrious bidness.

NOAH

New Challenger
God I hate working weekends. Two fantastic events in two weeks and I get to go to work instead. Hope you all had a great time, maybe I can make one of the meets one of these years.

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
Hey everyone thanks so much for coming I had an absolute Blast and so did Dirty Rugal. Thanks again to everyone who brought food and boards it really helped out. I would say aside from a fritzing joystick and a ground falling off a button or 2 it went well for a dry run. We will definantly have a round 2 in coming months and I hope to see all the people that couldnt make it this time there:buttrock:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Hey BIGTIME, thanks again for hosting. Best part was meeting all the Neo Geo peeps for sure. That CVS2 final was nuts.

Dave_K.

NEST Puppet
My thanks to BIGTIME as well for hosting this meet! Its no easy job running around fixing broken cab, setting up for tournament modes (with secret unlock codes), and making a pizza run. It was also great to meet more NG members here.

prosper1ne

King's Dry,
i had a good time and it was cool to meet everyone. thanks to bigtyme for hosting.

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
Here ar e the brackets from the meet sorry it took me so long to everyone who wanted their bragging rights
3fafc6fc.jpg

16f1ddc4.jpg

dd1b02a6.jpg

1cfcc9b3.jpg

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
I wish I could have come through to play games this weekend BIGTIME. I'm stuck at the office right now catching up. Whenever you have the next meet though let me know. I'll bring 3S again. Have you been practicing your darkstalkers?

I have been keeping my New Astro City at my office in Emeryville, but I'm thinking about bringing it home to where I stay in San Francisco... Is there anyone in SF that would want to do sessions if I do bring it home? I can't do a huge meet like BIGTIME, but I could have a few people over to my tiny apt.

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
I wish I could have come through to play games this weekend BIGTIME. I'm stuck at the office right now catching up. Whenever you have the next meet though let me know. I'll bring 3S again. Have you been practicing your darkstalkers?

I have been keeping my New Astro City at my office in Emeryville, but I'm thinking about bringing it home to where I stay in San Francisco... Is there anyone in SF that would want to do sessions if I do bring it home? I can't do a huge meet like BIGTIME, but I could have a few people over to my tiny apt.
Yeah I have been messin around on VSAV2 and I might just have to trade or buy it off you its f'ing fantastic. Thanks again for letting me borrow it. Also If you bring that astro home let me know I will be in the City on Friday and can bring my naomi setup for some cvs2 action if you would like. Dave would probably come too if you would be so kind as to allow him over as well. If we could get another 2/3 people together and have like a 5/6 person mini meet it would be a blast I'm sure.:multi_co:

Sounds like you guys had allot of fun! Anyone take any pictures of the event???

Sorry no pics you would have to see it to believe it!!!!:lolz:

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Dave_K might have a few pictures. I saw him taking a couple with his cell phone.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member

I'd be down for 3s or ST a Mondays or maybe Wed.

If any of you folks want to throw down on the KOF 13 machine at SFSU let me know. The game is LIVE!

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Yeah I have been messin around on VSAV2 and I might just have to trade or buy it off you its f'ing fantastic. Thanks again for letting me borrow it. Also If you bring that astro home let me know I will be in the City on Friday and can bring my naomi setup for some cvs2 action if you would like. Dave would probably come too if you would be so kind as to allow him over as well. If we could get another 2/3 people together and have like a 5/6 person mini meet it would be a blast I'm sure.:multi_co:

If I do end up bringing my cab home, it won't be for a couple more weeks probably. I do have a naomi setup w/ cvs2 of my own, but it's not as leet as yours. Dave and you are welcome to come by on Friday night, but we'd have to play ps2 cvs2.

I think 3-5 people would pretty much max out my place. Seriously, it's pretty small. And I already have one roommate (who doesn't play fighters).

I'd be down for 3s or ST a Mondays or maybe Wed.

I'd be down to have a fighter night w/ 3s or ST. I'll bring it up in here again when I get my cab down here. If people want to come to play console fighters I have cvs2, mvc3, ssf4, bbcs, mbaa, and other shit. Bring your own sticks. :vik:

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
yeah dude Im down to come through one night and play Kaph... where do you live in SF? Im working in a studio on market street so am down there all week long. Certainly down for some games and shit... holla!

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
If I do end up bringing my cab home, it won't be for a couple more weeks probably. I do have a naomi setup w/ cvs2 of my own, but it's not as leet as yours. Dave and you are welcome to come by on Friday night, but we'd have to play ps2 cvs2.

I think 3-5 people would pretty much max out my place. Seriously, it's pretty small. And I already have one roommate (who doesn't play fighters).

Sorry didn't mean to impose I dont want your roomate to be on your ass. I fixed the joystick on my astro and I threw my mame setup back in my blast so I can run the CVS2 on the astro 3S on the blast and whatever on the cps2 if like 3/4 peeps wanns roll through on friday.

Last edited:

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Shouldn't you put cvs2 on the blast and 3s on the astro? since naomi can output 31k and cps3 can only do standard res...

Also, aren't blasts set up as JVS? so you wouldn't need to use an io board?

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
I would run 3s on mame becaues the blast is wired with hacked ps2 pads and for the Naomi I have a capcom io so that's really the only way I can do it due to the absence of the showcase unless we run the Naomi on the aero and mame the cps2 boards

Last edited:

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
The space I have to put my NAC in my home is currently occupied by a ton of games and action figures and comics and crap. If any of you guys want stuff from my EE sales thread, let me know and I'll hook you guys up. I really need to clear this stuff out, even if I just give it away.

LIVINGWONDER

Cheng's Errand Boy
Im in LA in the San Fernando Valley. I'd love to go. It's just too long of a drive just to play games.

NOAH

New Challenger
I envy all of you guys, especially those who are in the heart of the bay instead of the outskirts like me (Vallejo). I dream of a day when I can actually PLAY games instead of working on arcade projects / buying / selling / schooling / working / homebuying / volunteering.

I'd hella be down to meet you in SF sometime, Kaph though I wouldn't be able to stop by very often and I'm not even sure how soon I could make it to SF. I'd probably get smoked in just about every game you mention though. I promise everyone here that I'll have an open invite when all of my stuff is straightened out..............probably won't be for a long time though.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
I accepted a position at another company, so I'm definitely going to have to bring my arcade cab home from the office. I will keep you guys posted.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Too bad I don't live in the Bay anymore. I'm in So Cal now. You noobs will get owned.