Fighter meet in Nor Cal

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
R1 may be delayed again. Will post more if I hear anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I used to work in Richmond. I worked in a nice area, but had to drive through some hood to get back to the freeway. That place is fuckin rough.

Did you commute from where you are now? If so, damn.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Did you commute from where you are now? If so, damn.

Yes, but I had a company car so I didn't give a shit. It wasn't a 9-5 job, either. I basically worked out of my house, but had to regularly go to Richmond because that's where our office was.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
R1's opening day should be Sept 4. No surprise if it gets pushed back yet again.
some R1 employee on Facebook said:
Hello everyone ,
We just want to re-announce our new grand opening day. We apologize for all the delays and confusions. We are set for next Friday which is September 4th.
Please be advise this opening day is subject to change still . But we are working on making it the final date
But so far it is projected as our Grand opening date.
Thank you all for your dedicated waiting, patients and support.
Hope to see you all during our grand opening !

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
They're going to open one near me too, let me know how this one turns out.
I've been to the one in Dallas multiple times and have loved it.

I didn't go opening day but I'll be there at some point during the weekend.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I've been. Some rail shooters like Too Spicy but no STG.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
The Dallas location got DDPDOJ after a few months, if this location works like that one they get random secondhand boards from Japan in shipments frequently

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Our local one should be opening next month or two, I'll look for shmups but not holding my breath.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Was anyone else at Hackerfight? Fun times!

Anyway, I bought a few more Bemani cabs, and by a few I mean, well, anyway have a look: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ayers-thread&p=4026665&viewfull=1#post4026665

oh yeah, R1 SJ has Nesica set up, you can play the latest BlazBlue, and Ultra SF4. Some other neat stuff popped up too, School of Ragnarok, I think Gunslinger Stratos as well? And Museca which is a new Konami rhythm game.

Last edited:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Museca seems.. boring? I've only played a few credits but I'm not really feeling it. I'm looking forward to Groove Coaster whenever we finally get it.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I'm more about the arcade. Though with my recent acquisitions, a bit less tempted to go this year ;)
still gonna go and meet friends regardless

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Who's going to CAX?

Or should I say, who's not going to CAX? Because everyone should go, seriously. (unless you're going to EVO)

BTW, I've been hosting some meetups at my place in Sunnyvale about once a month. The focus is mostly rhythm games since I have 6 cabinets of them, but there's usually a good amount of retro/RGB stuff going on as well. Get in touch if interested.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Sorry for short notice but I'm hosting tomorrow basically all day. Rhythm game cabs, Panel de Pon hi score contest, and other console stuff, with plenty of RGB to drool at. Contact me if you're interested in attending :)

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
CAX is around the corner! I'm apparently supplying my Jubeat Prop cabinet to it.