Fighter meet in Nor Cal

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
I don't have a GD-rom, so I don't know anything about that. But the 001 loom will let you power a Naomi without a secondary power supply. You will still need an I/O, but you can get a Sega one, which is much cheaper than the Capcom I/O (which won't power a GD-rom anyway). With the 001, you can get stereo from the RCA connector, so plugging in a CPS-2 is as simple as plugging in those RCA plugs into the CPS-2 board and changing the menu to stereo in the game options.

It will power the gd-rom as well you just need the splitter cable which I'm asuming you already have. You should really look in to getting a net dimm so you don't wear out your drive and tax your psu.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
I'm bringing my cab home next monday, 4/25. So we can either have a meet soon or wait until I get a 31kHz so that I have multple cabs to play. I also have my ps3 setup of course (bring your own stick). Also I have a ps2 and sdtv I could make a setup on, also byos.

Should we bother making one of those social groups for NorCal Fighters? or do we just want to use this thread for communication?

Last edited:

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
So I'm out for the summer in 2 weeks and I'm thinking....... ROUND 2!!!!! Who's Down?!

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Sounds like about when I get out too. Depending on the exact day, I'll be game!

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
I'm down...

Who wants to go to Kingsley's? I think he's got blasts. And I want to see if he's got a 2L12B for me.

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
Hey Kaph if you call him to confirm he has the blasts I would be down to roll I need to get a service door for mine. As far as the meet I'm thinking either the 21st or 27th let me know what would work best for everyone.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
I would be down for the 28th since I am not back to the USA yet on the 21st (still in Vietnam as I write this post).
Let me know when you can get a firm date.

Hey Kaph if you call him to confirm he has the blasts I would be down to roll I need to get a service door for mine. As far as the meet I'm thinking either the 21st or 27th let me know what would work best for everyone.

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
So I am thinking Sunday the 29th due to scheduling issues if that will work for everyone let me know and we ca set it in stone.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
I'm pretty much only good on the weekend dates. But my weekends are free. So yeah I can do Sunday 29th.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
I am good for the 29th also. What time is this party going to start? Want us to bring anything? I can bring drinks again like last time. Or I can bring something else. Just say the word.

I'm pretty much only good on the weekend dates. But my weekends are free. So yeah I can do Sunday 29th.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
I can bring 3s again, and/or any other games. and i could bring food or drink if needed.

Also, I did go by kingsley's today and he has maybe a dozen or so blasts? None of them looked minty though. I'm going to have to talk to him and see what kind of deal I can get. I did get myself a 2L12B panel though :D

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Did he turn any of them on for you to see if there is burn in or not? How much is he asking for 1? And they are Nanao chassis or Wei-Ya chassis? It's too bad I am out of the country at the moment or I would go myself and see how they look.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Kingsley is a real dick sometimes. I'm not sure if he's incredibly smart or stupid. I called him yesterday at around 1pm and asked if he was at the store and if I could come talk to him. He was like yeah sure. So I left work and drove down to San Jose (took 45 min.) and he wasn't even there. I asked and the people are like he just left. So I call him back and he says he'll be back in 30min, so I'm pissed but said i'll wait. I waited like an hour and he never came back.

While I was waiting for him though I checked out the stock. He bought them all "as-is" and some didn't even turn on. I tried turning on a few the first one had like little to no monitor response. Second one had a weird grounding issue where I could hear a loud hum/drone from the speakers as soon as it got turned on. Third one we tried did turn on and seemed pretty nice, but it had a replacement monitor in it. a flat lcd panel that didn't quite match up with the bezel and the control board wasn't where it was supposed to be. I didn't get any new pricing but the last thing he told me was 800-1000. before they even came in. I feel like that price might be high considering what they look like and how well they function. I left him a list of things I want in a blast... 2931 monitor, 001 loom, 2p panel, etc. If he can either find one that has all that or combine parts to make me a nice one I'll buy it. If he had all cherry blasts I probably would have tried to buy 2 or 3 to get the price down and resell one or two.

On a more positive note though, I did get a used astro panel off of him for really cheap. The brackets on the back don't seem to fit my JLFs though? Maybe I need seimitsu sticks?

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
Yeah Kingsly is a douche sometimes but remember hes like 22 I think so you are legitimately dealing with a kid. As far as that astro panel goes they are set up for some seimitsu ls-32's but i think lizardlick sells the correct bracket to use sanwas. However, If you have never used seimitsu's I urge you to try them they are great even with the square gate, I would stick with sanwa buttons though. If you could swing one with the 2931 monitor that doesn't work for like $500 in good shape you can get it repaired for $80 through allgood technical service. They do great work and this would bring your total cost for the cab to around $600.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
2011051313553415.jpg

20110513135610923.jpg

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
NM I see them inside the cabs
It looks like 2 of them were converted to a vs city setup that would be awesome to have those.

Last edited:

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
This is kind-of a question that doesn't really need an answer, but HOW THE HELL DOES SOMEONE GET THEIR HANDS ON THAT MANY CANDY CABS?!

money, connections, patience.

There are LOTs of companies that specialize in exporting stuff from asia. I know kingsley has gone out there several times personally to create relationships.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
29th is good for me. I wanna rematch your boy's Rugal.

Everybody should check out the arcade Tango posted. It's amazing!

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Everybody should check out the arcade Tango posted. It's amazing!

I tried going the other day, but couldn't make it. I'll go soon. Let me know if you plan on going, it's not very far from my place.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
BIGTIME, we still doing this on the 29th?
If so, what is a good time to show up?