Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets Roll Call

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Thats a good question, does it even break after getting hit? I swear I got hit and came back to sucking in gold. Maybe if you respawn with gold on the screen and you suck them up you keep your chain?

oh and does it break on bosses for other people? I've learned to not lardshot the 1st boss for example because often enough i'll get the less than stellar medals to fall lowering my chain. Perhaps I have to know when to shoot the boss correctly?

I thought I had imagined it, but yeah I have gotten decent medals after getting hit.

(And I did mean 20million for my score. Damn numbers. There's too many of them.)

agustusx

Marked Wolf
Thanks brentsg, I should have figured as much...

I just had this crap run where I died before the stage 1 mid-boss and then again on the stage 1 boss but I decided to continue for the lulz. At that point the score was only in the low 3 millions and I decided that shooting for one extend would be a fun challenge. By the end of the run I had ended up at 24mil, just 2mil shy of my highest score and my second highest with the yellow piggy. I lost one of the extends to the second boss, and another the the third stage mid-boss. Still a low score and I didn't make it as far as I normally would, but it was an exciting run.

fake

15 Year Member
I'm up to around 22mil I think. I read that the yellow pig gives you the best shot at a 1CC but I've been having much better luck with the pink one. Which is weird since I usually gravitate towards the weaker / faster ships in most shmups.

agustusx

Marked Wolf
I'm up to around 22mil I think. I read that the yellow pig gives you the best shot at a 1CC but I've been having much better luck with the pink one. Which is weird since I usually gravitate towards the weaker / faster ships in most shmups.

I switch between all three and so far I'm the same with the pink and yellow (ikuo and momo?), the blue(rafute?) is a bit too slow for me. My scores for Ikuo and Momo are nearly identical, both have 2 of my top 4 scores.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Rafute= yellow
Momo = Pink
Ikuo = Blue

I had also mixed up the names of Blue and Yellow girls, but I'm nearly certain that it's the above.

I think the main reason why Yellow is best for beginners is because her lard shot locks on to enemies and you can focus a bit more on dodging.

I'm having a bitch of a time with the end of Stage 4, that Car-horse thing is just ruthless.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Once I started bombing large ground enemies for roses in PS arrange my score has doubled. I'm really loving this mode. I still suck at scoring but I'm making some improvements. I think my high right now is 74k ending at around 1/3 of the way through stage 5.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
OK, good advice. Thanks.

Does the chain break under any conditions other than getting hit?
No problem!

And the answer to your question is simply "no." You just need to be very mindful of when there is gold on screen. You can generally pick it up just by momentarily tapping B then A again (assuming A is shot, B is lard beam, and C is bomb)

Thats a good question, does it even break after getting hit? I swear I got hit and came back to sucking in gold. Maybe if you respawn with gold on the screen and you suck them up you keep your chain?

oh and does it break on bosses for other people? I've learned to not lardshot the 1st boss for example because often enough i'll get the less than stellar medals to fall lowering my chain. Perhaps I have to know when to shoot the boss correctly?
Likely what's happening is you're getting hit with gold on screen..... It's a lot easier to avoid dropping medals/gold in this game than in other Yagawa titles (since you can suck it in, and generally you don't go too long without some on screen so you're sucking it in frequently)

The medals/golf do not drop in value on the bosses; if you're seeing something like that, it means you're dropping. Sometimes on the first boss, just a regular shot destroying one of the more forward pieces will result in a gold drop I think, which can be a bit harder to snag than some other pieces of gold.

I would suggest, though, until you get good at destroying almost all pieces of the first boss, don't use your Pork Sword until he starts spamming those rings of blue bullets.

I think you guys are just missing a medal.

j_heiger

Crossed Swords Squire
I have to say that I am really liking Pork right now. It seems so accessible with its scoring system. The difficulty seems manageable in the long run. I can see why people were so hyped about it.

agustusx

Marked Wolf
is it just me or is the 3rd stage boss easier than the second stage boss in MMP?

Oh and I figured out how to use the hadou gun to get like 7 million points on a boss in PSA, pretty neat, i need to exploit that lol.

Last edited:

cannonball

15 Year Member
is it just me or is the 3rd stage boss easier than the second stage boss in MMP?

stage 2 and 4 bosses are really hard for me on any rank. 3 is usually easy unless I have the rank jacked up real high.

Oh and I figured out how to use the hadou gun to get like 7 million points on a boss in PSA, pretty neat, i need to exploit that lol.

I love using it on the stage 3 boss during the laser pattern. x64 from the rockets and then load up on gold on both sides.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Finally got my copy of the limited edition today after a few weeks of waiting (I know, I picked the cheap shipping). Thinking about trying it out, but after seeing the sales, the limited edition looks to be rare. Am I right on this or will it be pretty common?

Finally got my copy of the limited edition today after a few weeks of waiting (I know, I picked the cheap shipping). Thinking about trying it out, but after seeing the sales, the limited edition looks to be rare. Am I right on this or will it be pretty common?

Who cares? Just play it.

I care. :)

Not that I won't play it, just asking how limited the run actually was.

How would anyone know this right now? They don't publish the numbers.

You won't really know until it's 6 months down the road and shops still have the LE in stock and it's discounted to nothing. Anyways, sealed game collecting is silly.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
One thing is for sure. If a title has both LE and normal versions, it is in no shortage of supply.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I don't think any of CAVE's 360 titles are going to be "rare", but that doesn't mean idiotic eBay resellers aren't going to jack the prices up in a few years. Funny thing about it, look at how many copies of Ibara are actually selling for the asking price... None, people seem smart enough to know that $175+ is just ridiculous regardless of how good/bad the game is.

fake

15 Year Member
OK I'm thinking there is noticeable rank. When I score well and get to the first boss, his second pattern throws mini planes at me, but if I avoid high scores or play shittily, it doesn't happen. With the second stage mid-boss one of his first patters when I'm scoring well is to have two rows of bullets form an X which is very hard to dodge since there are two walls of non-glowing bullets to each side. If I'm not scoring well, that X pattern doesn't happen.

I tried a run avoiding points but at the same time using my lard shot to hit and ground-based enemies and charge my bomb. I got two or so extra bombs, but since I wasn't scoring well, I didn't get the 10million extend. I guess I'll try to score well and charge my bomb meter at the same time on my next try.

agustusx

Marked Wolf
Yes, I've noticed the rank kick butt when your scoring well. Its tough to balance between getting your extends and not having the 2nd boss angry when you get there.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Just checking if I got the basics of MMP right:

- normal shot turns enemies into pigs
- collecting pigs fills the lard meter
- lard laser turns enemies into golden pig heads
- collecting those increases the difficulty gauge
- dying lowers the gauge but does the bomb to the same?

Sometimes when you get hit some sort of small explosion appears and turns enemies in golden heads (kinda like in DDP:R) , how does this work?

cannonball

15 Year Member
Just checking if I got the basics of MMP right:

- normal shot turns enemies into pigs
- collecting pigs fills the lard meter
- lard laser turns enemies into golden pig heads
- collecting those increases the difficulty gauge
- dying lowers the gauge but does the bomb to the same?

Sometimes when you get hit some sort of small explosion appears and turns enemies in golden heads (kinda like in DDP:R) , how does this work?

Also, lard shot on ground enemies produces bomb fragments instead of pigs.

Bombing does not lower rank. Try suiciding multiple times on a boss using bomb milking techniques to control rank.

fake

15 Year Member
Gah! I just missed beating my top score by 6,000 points. Oh well - I got further than I ever have. I got to what seems like a second mid-boss in LVL4. Has anyone made it to LVL5 yet?

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member

Yeah, 3rd stage boss is easier to kill than the second boss.... though, the second boss can't really be milked for many points as far as I've seen, whereas the third boss can be milked but starts spamming bullets quickly.

OK I'm thinking there is noticeable rank. When I score well and get to the first boss, his second pattern throws mini planes at me, but if I avoid high scores or play shittily, it doesn't happen. With the second stage mid-boss one of his first patters when I'm scoring well is to have two rows of bullets form an X which is very hard to dodge since there are two walls of non-glowing bullets to each side. If I'm not scoring well, that X pattern doesn't happen.

I tried a run avoiding points but at the same time using my lard shot to hit and ground-based enemies and charge my bomb. I got two or so extra bombs, but since I wasn't scoring well, I didn't get the 10million extend. I guess I'll try to score well and charge my bomb meter at the same time on my next try.
What you're referring to with the first stage boss is this - as you destroy parts of the boss, it replaces attacks from those parts with attacks from other parts. For those planes to start coming out of the lower center panel, I believe you have to have destroyed the panels on either side of it at least, and maybe one other set of parts.

Gah! I just missed beating my top score by 6,000 points. Oh well - I got further than I ever have. I got to what seems like a second mid-boss in LVL4. Has anyone made it to LVL5 yet?
Whoa, very nice! You're actually making it a bit further than me. What are your scores lookin like?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
My order isn't coming in yet 'cause of the earthquake, just bad timing. Oh well, patience is a virtue.