Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets Roll Call

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Installed Matsuri mode today. My favorite so far. I love the extended pork gold rocking.

agustusx

Marked Wolf
I am loving the pork, it reminds me that I borrowed the scoring system for War on Bugs from it. LOL I'm glad to finally play MMP. I'm learning that Rank is for real, so I need to chill out on the scoring since it makes a huge difference in difficulty. It's just so hard to resist getting into a groove collecting lard to power your lard attack and collect insane amount of medals. my bubble tends to get broken when a sneaky bullet makes its way to my hitbox.

When I chill out and don't go for medals the game seems a lot easier. Like if it hit 10million before the second boss he's a major pain, but if I'm at like 6 million hes a breeze.

Fun stuff.

Biohazard53

B. Jenet's Firstmate
finally got this yesterday, wasn't really in the mood to play a shooter but I managed to do one playthrough of MMP and a few stages of PS. I'll have a better grip and feel for the games when I play again.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I just got it in the mail. I've only played MMP so far. I'm kind of confused about what items I should and shouldn't avoid in order to work towards a 1CC. I'm guessing the pigs fill the Lard Meter right?

Akai Katana, which comes out in May is region locked though. You'll need a JP 360 or wait for someone to pick it up for release over here (Aksys maybe?)

Where did you hear this? Just wondering.

:( Weird that they'd have MMP/PS be region free and not this. Maybe they just knew MMP/PS would be too Japanese to have a chance of being picked up by a western publisher so they made it region-free, whereas AK is a little less flamboyant?

I think it's likely that AK was designed from the ground up to be Western friendly.

fake

15 Year Member
I suck at MMP. The second boss kicks my ass and the furthest I've gotten is the mid-boss for 1-3.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You porkers! Soon I shall get my stuff and join the madness.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
We should hang soon! My niece is visiting for early spring break, she's at the maritime academy in maine so they get released for SB way earlier than usual. Next saturday I'm helping my pal move, he's a good friend so I gotta be there. We should plan something for the Saturday after that, what do you think?

fake

15 Year Member
^PM Sent^

I'm making some progress in MMP. I got the the third hateful enemy / almost 2million points.

The Shmups guide says that you'll only notice rank in the first loop if you have 3+ lives or bombs. Is it me or is this BS? As much as I like the scoring system in MMP, I'd like to get a 1CC of it under my belt. I'm wondering how to go about it.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I'm not spending as much time w/ pork this week...got my tate mansion rebuilt, and piped 'futari thru the works as a reference benchmark.

Looks so darn purty that I've taken it up again. 8^)

I'll get back to pork next week. I need to talk to 'panda or TonK to get my study on for MMP. at my current level of acumen, I won't be 1 ccing.

^PM Sent^

I'm making some progress in MMP. I got the the third hateful enemy / almost 2million points.

The Shmups guide says that you'll only notice rank in the first loop if you have 3+ lives or bombs. Is it me or is this BS? As much as I like the scoring system in MMP, I'd like to get a 1CC of it under my belt. I'm wondering how to go about it.

Are you displaying the rank meter? Is it getting high?

fake

15 Year Member
Are you displaying the rank meter? Is it getting high?

So that's what that meter is...:eek:

Yeah, 'Panda's got a ridiculous ranking. Last time I checked, he was just outside the top 100.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
i know this is off topic but for those of you who have DDPDFK Black Label....

Is this a totally separate game from DDP Resurrection? I dont own either one yet and I am trying to find out before I make the purchase.

Phillip

i know this is off topic but for those of you who have DDPDFK Black Label....

Is this a totally separate game from DDP Resurrection? I dont own either one yet and I am trying to find out before I make the purchase.

Phillip

If you buy 1.5 then you can download DFKBL for 1200 space bucks. If you buy the DFKBL retail release then you can skip the 1.5 paid DLC, and you pick up the arrange mode that mixes DFKBL with Ketsui scoring as well. There's no other way to get the DFKBL/Ketsui arrange, just the DFKBL retail disk.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
If you buy 1.5 then you can download DFKBL for 1200 space bucks. If you buy the DFKBL retail release then you can skip the 1.5 paid DLC, and you pick up the arrange mode that mixes DFKBL with Ketsui scoring as well. There's no other way to get the DFKBL/Ketsui arrange, just the DFKBL retail disk.

Thanks. So just to make sure I am understanding this correctly, if I purchase Black Label, I will have everything that is included in DDP Ressurrection 1.5, correct?

Phillip

Thanks. So just to make sure I am understanding this correctly, if I purchase Black Label, I will have everything that is included in DDP Ressurrection 1.5, correct?

Phillip

No, I failed.

Black Label retail will only get you 2 games. BL + the unique arrange

1.5 + DLC will get you everything except the unique ketsui/DFKBL arrange included above.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
And just to clarify, 1.5 includes:

1.5 (duh)
Arrange-A (pretty badass)
Arrange-B (tweaked out score attack mode)
1.51 (with DLC promo code only, LE should have it, but only first print SE does I believe... I think it's worth finding a copy with an unused code if you go with 1.5 release)
+ the option of Downloading Black Label from the Japanese Marketplace (you need Japanese points).

DFK-BL disk release only has the two modes of DFK, and yes, the awesome Ketsupachi mode is exclusive to this disk.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
No, I failed.

Black Label retail will only get you 2 games. BL + the unique arrange

1.5 + DLC will get you everything except the unique ketsui/DFKBL arrange included above.

LOL No. You were clear and I just misunderstood. Thanks for all the help.

Phillip

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
I just got it in the mail. I've only played MMP so far. I'm kind of confused about what items I should and shouldn't avoid in order to work towards a 1CC. I'm guessing the pigs fill the Lard Meter right?

Where did you hear this? Just wondering.

In Pork, you can pretty much afford to grab anything you want - just make sure you don't get beyond two lives in stock.

You mean 20 million points, right? If you're at 2 million at the 3rd boss, you're not playing right. You need to make sure you medal up as fast as possible early in the game. That basically means hitting one enemy with the pork sword, sucking in the gold, rinse and repeat. You should be able to get the gold up to 10k by the first stage midboss with practice

When starting out, don't even worry about getting too many lives in stock - until you're getting stuck at one particular point in the game, or scoring somewhere upwards of 25 or 30 mil, honestly I find the extra lives are more valuable than low rank.... ultimately, though, you'll want to start suicideing on bosses than building up extra lives on stages.

fake

15 Year Member
In Pork, you can pretty much afford to grab anything you want - just make sure you don't get beyond two lives in stock.

You mean 20 million points, right? If you're at 2 million at the 3rd boss, you're not playing right. You need to make sure you medal up as fast as possible early in the game. That basically means hitting one enemy with the pork sword, sucking in the gold, rinse and repeat. You should be able to get the gold up to 10k by the first stage midboss with practice

When starting out, don't even worry about getting too many lives in stock - until you're getting stuck at one particular point in the game, or scoring somewhere upwards of 25 or 30 mil, honestly I find the extra lives are more valuable than low rank.... ultimately, though, you'll want to start suicideing on bosses than building up extra lives on stages.

OK, good advice. Thanks.

Does the chain break under any conditions other than getting hit?

agustusx

Marked Wolf
OK, good advice. Thanks.

Does the chain break under any conditions other than getting hit?
Thats a good question, does it even break after getting hit? I swear I got hit and came back to sucking in gold. Maybe if you respawn with gold on the screen and you suck them up you keep your chain?

oh and does it break on bosses for other people? I've learned to not lardshot the 1st boss for example because often enough i'll get the less than stellar medals to fall lowering my chain. Perhaps I have to know when to shoot the boss correctly?