Cave Event News

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Akai Katana Shin

360 enhanced mode and arcade mode. No word on region-free-ness. It's not Progear 2 dammit.

Nin Nin Jump

XBLA platformer

Instant Brain

Adventure game :(

There's going to be a Deathsmiles iOS port too.

No mention of Feveron. I was hoping for Progear and ESP.Ra.De ports. :crying:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Codefree would be nice but I doubt it, MMP/PS was already an exception in that regard.

Last edited:

fake

15 Year Member
Codefree would be nice but I doubt it, MMP/PS was already an exception in that regard.

I was thinking that MMP/PS was a reason to think that Akai might be region free. It all depends on the reason why MMP/PS is region free to begin with:

Possibility 1: The games are too Japanese and they figured it wouldn't sell in the West, so they said "hey, might as well let people import it."

Possibility 2: Deathsmiles NA didn't sell as well as they hoped and they don't want to localize any more physical releases. From now on they'll just make their games region free to make a few extra thousand dollars from importers.

Pure speculation of course.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Well they originally said that MF 1.5 was the last region-free game but I guess they changed their mind with the release of MMM/PS.

Deathsmiles was officially released here yesterday, lets see how well it sells.

fake

15 Year Member
I think it was Galuda II that they said would be the last region free game "for the forseeable future." I should just suck it up and buy a J-tagged system.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Maybe it was EG, dunno, read it in a magazine some time ago.

Whats a j-tagged system?

Why not suck it up and buy an NTSC-J system? They play nearly every US region title.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I think it was Galuda II that they said would be the last region free game "for the forseeable future." I should just suck it up and buy a J-tagged system.

Well, Muchi-Muchi and Pink Sweets is region free, so I hope they keep em' coming.

fake

15 Year Member
Why not suck it up and buy an NTSC-J system? They play nearly every US region title.

I don't have a lot of money at the moment. I'd like to just buy a J-tag, then when I have enough, sell it and get a JP360. Hopefully I can get one for about $200 minus the HDD.

!!!!zzz

n00b
Looking forward to playing Deathsmiles on my ipad. Also, Akai Katana looks good with the 16x9 support from what I've seen.