Samurai Spirits Zero Special MVS

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
Ok, anxiously awaiting for this cart to come in the mail. I ordered from a vendor in Japan for $200 shipped via EMS.

I did talk to him on the phone first, he was an older, very polite gentleman that could speak a bit better than basic English. He spent a lot of time with niceties thanking me for calling and how he was happy to hear from the US, etc.

When we got down to business, I asked him, "Before I place my order, I'd like to be sure that the cart is legitimate".

"Oh yes", he says, "legitimate cartridge for arcade".

Not convinced that he knew what I meant, I attempted to explain the issue.

"What I mean Mr. Morita, is that there are a lot of these carts around that are what we call in the United States, bootleg. Or they have been modified. It's important that this is an original".

He responds, "Ohhh! Yes, yes. I personally inspect item. Authentic SNK original, Japanese only release, rare".

Well so, I took a chance. In any case, label looks authentic but we'll know when it's here.

However, I never played this game and I'd like to know how to perform the zetsumei ougis moves so I can see for myself when I get it. Anyone have information on this? Thanks in advance.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Um, does he have any more of these available? Can you give me a rundown of the game when you get it, its legitimacy?

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
He said he only had the one, but I'll certainly post an update when it arrives if you like.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
cool man, I'll look forward to it. nice score

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Yes, for real. I've wanted a SSVSP for a while but it's hard to find or too costly for my current budget, haha. Congrats on the score!

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
Ok, got it in today. Took a total of 3 days to get, not bad for coming from Japan to Colorado :)

I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the package. I actually got the kit. Sorry for the crappy pic, but here ya go;

ssvs1.JPG

I have no idea what the orange circle sticker is, it was also on the cart. So anyway, I opened the cart to check it out. First I noticed that there was zero abrasion on the leads. For all intents and purposes, the cart appears unused. However, there was a little bit of the bend in the label from the cart having been opened before (the vendor assured me he personally inspected the boards so could be from that). Comparing the internals to MVS scans, it checks out as authentic.

Now, when I put the cart in my 2 slot (metal slug in slot 1) MS starts up fine. When I select game... "WARNING BANK ERROR"

NOOOO!!!!!

However, I've had problems when mixing the 330 mega carts with giga power carts on my board, so I removed metal slug. It works!

But the true test... zetsumei ougi. Long story short, yes, it absolutely works.

This is certainly authentic. I'm quite pleased and relieved to see that it is authentic and working, and just tickled that I ordered the loose cart and got a kit :)

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
You lucky bastard :lolz: you think your buying a loose cart and you get a SSVS kit.

I also am curious about the circle sticker as it's on my SSVS loose cart as well.

I know how happy you are as I felt the same way when I got mine :D

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
For real, I'm stoked.

I don't even want to take the artwork or mini marquee out of the bag though. Scared enough as it is putting the cart in my rusty 2 slot :P

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
holy shit, major score. that shit alone is worth a ton of cash. talk about a killer return. thats a mint ass kit

ahahha killer dude

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Congrats on that killer deal. I have a circle sticker like that on a Pochi & Nyaa cart as well, except it's gold colored instead of orange.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I want one... :[...

Seriously, one of the best looking games on the Neo.

jon713

Camel Slug
I want one... :[...

Seriously, one of the best looking games on the Neo.

I agree, what a way to end the AES/MVS. I would want a copy myself but its a bit high for me right now. Luckily I can play it on my 100 in 1 cart :D

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Same thing here. It just isn't possible to find a copy of SSVS for anywhere near the price of a 100-in-1 multicart.

Sunsoft

Zero's Secretary
It's a great game nice price.

I have it for aes, one of my personal favs.

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
nice deal! just noticed this thread now.

My loose copy has the circle sticker as well, so did the kit I had a while ago. I've seen it on a couple of the later releases no idea what it's about, maybe some sort of quality check before it's sent out?? no idea. Again, congrats, enjoy the game!