Real Bout 2 worth the buy?

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
I have RB and RBS, which are just amazingly fun, but I’m wondering if there’s really any incentive in getting a copy of RB2. The feedback I’ve gotten on it is that it’s essentially a neutered version of RBS. RB itself is absolutely bat-shit, and RBS is nuts too. I just wonder if RB2 really is a game of concessions and sacrifices in the name of ‘balance’. Is there really anything that sets this one apart from it’s predecessors?

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I'd buy RB2 just to look at the colors. Vivid, beyond almost any Neo-Geo Game.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
RB2 is the best of the three in gameplay. Research some match videos for proof of why i am saying this. I love RBFF, but I can no longer deny the fact RB2 is the best of the three.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't want to say RB2 is the best, like I can compare them. But it's definitely a worthy purchase. Not at the English price though.

What sets it apart is that the matches move much faster. Less fluff. It's a better versus game than the predecessors with that pace, but the lack of win poses and proper endings may be a bit of a let down if you like to play alone.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Oh, actually yeah wasabi posted what I was going to.

I play fighters alone mainly.
so I kinda hate this game.
most definitely not made with the single-player experience in mind.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
What sets it apart is that the matches move much faster. Less fluff. It's a better versus game than the predecessors with that pace, but the lack of win poses and proper endings may be a bit of a let down if you like to play alone.

Couldn't have put it any better but I will add this: RB2 is worth playing for Rick alone. Great character and he's fun as hell to use. Too bad he's largely forgotten outside of RB2.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
NeoGeo games suck. Get Black Ops or Halo Reach. :make_fac:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'v got both RBFF anf RBFF2, the last installment is truly awesome for Vs. fighting though I prefer the first game for single player fun. The music used inbetween stange selection and the round is purely awesome.

point, RBFF2 is worth buying.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
RB2 is the best of the Real Bouts, and I say that as someone who loves all three. It will take a little while to grow on you, though. But you play it for a while and you will understand.

If I had to choose one of the three games to call redundant, it would be RBS.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
RB2 is worth the buy. All around cast, great gameplay, and fun on the competitive level.

If you wanna buy this I just came across an English cartridge, bezel stickers, and full sized marquee. Let me know if you're interested & make an offer!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I wouldn't say that RB2 is the best of the series but I love all 3 games. To me RBS is where is at 'cause the tools are all there and it takes more instinct over knowledge to win the match. RBS is easier on a competitive level and that is great when you have visitors that like fighters but are new to the Neo.

Def worth the buy though, RB2 is a fantastic game and when two people know what their doing then you have yourself the greatest fights you'll ever come across on the Neo. RB2 keeps it going and it keeps it fresh and simple at all times, is hard to get bored playing RB2 with a friend, before you know it a 100 matches have gone by and you're just warming up!

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
RB2 is not only the best in the series, but one of the best fighters on the neo. Absolutely worth the buy.

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
Well, that’s pretty unanimous; everyone thinks it’s a must-have. Thing is, the feedback I’ve always gotten is that while there is a clear difference from RB to RBS, RB2 is essentially RBS with less shit, less presentation, etc. I’ve actually read through a forum post somewhere that claimed that the game was a rushed mess, and ultimately unfinished. If it honestly adds anything meaningful to gameplay then I’d consider getting it. If it was designed for the sole intention of creating tourney fodder, I’d rather pass. Rick looks interesting, sure, but not interesting enough to warrant the price of a game which seemingly has less bells and whistles than one I already own.
Did anything really get fixed up/ polished up in RB2 that was either out of place or outright unforgivable in RBS?
The feedback is great, by the way; much appreciated.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If you wanna buy this I just came across an English cartridge, bezel stickers, and full sized marquee. Let me know if you're interested & make an offer!

lol ok the english MVS version. Yeah, don't be expecting the homecart price on that one hahaha

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Did anything really get fixed up/ polished up in RB2 that was either out of place or outright unforgivable in RBS?

Both are great games, but I much prefer how they handle the multiple planes in RB2. To have both characters in a back plane I always found to be kind of arbitrary, since they're either in the same plane or they're not. As RB2 treats the two planes as being relative, to me it really refines the multi-plane concept in a more enjoyable way. Again, not that there's anything wrong with RBS, I just happen to like the implementation better in RB2.

Probably half of the people here prefer RBS and the other half RB2, so trying to figure out which of the two is the one worth owning is going to leave you frustrated. Both games are great and are worth owning in their own rights.

Man, all this talk is gettin my excited for my copy on its way to me for my MVS...

I played it on the PS2 through the Fatal Fury Collection... hands down, the most fun RB, and matches can get intense... and i like its balance...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Man, all this talk is gettin my excited for my copy on its way to me for my MVS...

I played it on the PS2 through the Fatal Fury Collection... hands down, the most fun RB, and matches can get intense... and i like its balance...

Hey dude... Way to bring attention to yourself with awkward ellipses... So yeah, Tampa...
Why do you even bother here...