Marvel vs Capcom 3

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
WOOOO my copy showed up today!

start with the most basic air combos...

basic ground bnb is L, M, H, whatever. some characters can't do that and have to do L, M, whatever or L, H, whatever, or M, H whatever.

whatever being a special, super, crossover assist, or whatever else things cancel into.

if your whatever is a launcher (i.e. you started your combo with L, M, H, S) then you can start a new combo in the air by holding up towards during your S animation. Once in the air you have access to pretty much the same combos as on the ground. Typical bnb air combos is M, M, H, S. With that S on the end if the stick is neutral you will slam them back to the ground, otherwise you start an exchange combo.

practice this combo with a variety of characters... once you feel good on it, expand it.
L, M, H, S, j.M, M, H, S, OTG, Hyper

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
The weekend is finally here so I'll be online for a while later tonight. Prolly around 10 or 11ish CST. Hit me up on PSN!

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
WOOOO my copy showed up today!

start with the most basic air combos...

basic ground bnb is L, M, H, whatever. some characters can't do that and have to do L, M, whatever or L, H, whatever, or M, H whatever.

whatever being a special, super, crossover assist, or whatever else things cancel into.

if your whatever is a launcher (i.e. you started your combo with L, M, H, S) then you can start a new combo in the air by holding up towards during your S animation. Once in the air you have access to pretty much the same combos as on the ground. Typical bnb air combos is M, M, H, S. With that S on the end if the stick is neutral you will slam them back to the ground, otherwise you start an exchange combo.

practice this combo with a variety of characters... once you feel good on it, expand it.
L, M, H, S, j.M, M, H, S, OTG, Hyper

Guess I'll try that then, thanks.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Got my copy for PS3 yesterday. Haven't played any online matches yet. I really need some practice and a joystick for this game. :(

Feel free to add me to your PS3 friends list.

HokutoKaioh

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
Got my copy for PS3 yesterday. Haven't played any online matches yet. I really need some practice and a joystick for this game. :(

Feel free to add me to your PS3 friends list.

HokutoKaioh

I'll be on later tonight for sure if you want to throw down. Help each other earn trophies like we did for SSFIV, lol.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
this game is like crack. i never got into marvel 2 so i'm having to learn everything fresh! I just got my first million point damage combo in training mode. I really love the combo freedom in this game. You really have options like, do I want to spend meter, build meter, get max damage, get guaranteed damage, etc.

Reposted for your enjoyment:
Sentinel - 1,300,000

Thor - 1,250,000

Hulk - 1,200,000
Haggar - 1,200,000
Tron - 1,200,000

She-Hulk - 1,150,000

Chris - 1,100,000
Taskmaster - 1,100,000
Wesker - 1,100,000

Captain America - 1,050,000
Spencer - 1,050,000

Dormmamu - 1,000,000
Doom - 1,000,000
Ryu - 1,000,000
Skrull - 1,000,000

Iron Man - 950,000
Morrigan - 950,000
Viewtiful Joe - 950,000
MODOK - 950,000
Wolverine - 950,000

Dante - 900,000
C.Viper - 900,000
Deadpool - 900,000
Hsien-Ko - 900,000
Spidey - 900,000

Felicia - 875,000

Chun - 850,000
Magneto - 850,000
Storm - 850,000
Trish - 850,000

X-23 - 825,000

Amatarasu - 800,000
Zero - 800,000
Akuma - 800,000
Arthur - 800,000

Phoenix - 420,000
Dark Phoenix - 420,000

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
this game is like crack. i never got into marvel 2 so i'm having to learn everything fresh!

I don't think MvC2 experience counts for anything in this. So far, I haven't found any similarities to the rhythm.

It's much more like TvC but faster and with tighter controls.

Since you mentioned exchange combos - if you're on the receiving end, 360 and mash S. That seems to be the protip to escaping. I totally didn't believe that churnin' butter was the best escape but I'll be damned if it isn't just as effective as me guessing.

Neutral S -> OTG is unescapable. I didn't catch on to that right away. Facepalms everywhere.

If you're really getting whupped and you want an equalizer on your team, Dormammu seems to be where it's at. His projectiles have stupid properties, too. Reflector and Gong don't work against them, certain characters teleports still get hit.... :very_ang:

3C for Flame Carpet to keep rushdown out, 236x is pretty fast and easy hit confirms into 236 super (links from flame carpet, too). 623x keeps super-jumpers away. 6C -> 236C -> 236 Super is easy as pie near-full-screen combo to super. 2B is decent anti-air and links into 5C or easily nabs them out of the air onto a flame carpet -> 236A -> 236 super.

Dormam... Nu?

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Do' was a lot of fun when I played it at NYCC. I'll agree with his inferno super is insane, really fast and seemed to chew anything else up. I like the homing fireball but it'll vanish if he gets hit.

I've decided to sell my CE when it finally decides to come in from Capcom. I'm just going to trade in some old games at GameStop, get a normal version and sell the box for big bucks.

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
I'm playing on PSN right now if anyone wants to play some matches. Hit me up. IsamuBlueYF19

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
I just picked this up and am down to play if anyone wants my Xbox tag is

Neo Chosen 1

I'll be on later tonight for sure.

hoop-jones

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Got it today for PS3. Played it only offline for about an hour, i will have to learn a lot before i dare to try it out online.
It seems to me that playing the mission mode is a good way to get into the game mechanics.

When i think that i am good enough, i'll challenge a few of you guys. :D

lions3

Igniz's Servent
When i think that i am good enough, i'll challenge a few of you guys. :D

I'm in the same boat. I played online for 2 matches the other day and got destroyed in 30 seconds. Yep, back to lurking offline until I get a TON better. lol

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I got online the other day and scrubbed out a couple ranked wins using sentinel, dr. doom, and zero. Smart use of sentinels C, cr.C, sentinel force, w/ hidden missiles assist from doom can usually keep away pretty easily. Whenever they get close just cr.B, S ^ whatever air combo you like, OTG rocket punch to hyper sentinel force. Zero has ridiculous rush down too. I felt dirty though by how easy that tactic is (on noobs at least), so I went back to the lab to work on my villain team (dormammu, dr. doom, and magneto).

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
I got online the other day and scrubbed out a couple ranked wins using sentinel, dr. doom, and zero. Smart use of sentinels C, cr.C, sentinel force, w/ hidden missiles assist from doom can usually keep away pretty easily. Whenever they get close just cr.B, S ^ whatever air combo you like, OTG rocket punch to hyper sentinel force. Zero has ridiculous rush down too. I felt dirty though by how easy that tactic is (on noobs at least), so I went back to the lab to work on my villain team (dormammu, dr. doom, and magneto).

Yeah, there is a guy on JTV that spams that crap constantly and is ranked 2 or 3 in the world now from it. 90% of his games that and 1-2 of sent's basic combo from the practice mode is all he ever does and he has like 87% wins in 700 or so games. Either people need to figure out how to beat the sent with hidden missile assist keep away game or Capcom needs to do something about how quickly you can back to back neutralize spam. Too early for me to tell which needs to take place.

cannonball

15 Year Member
Yeah, there is a guy on JTV that spams that crap constantly and is ranked 2 or 3 in the world now from it. 90% of his games that and 1-2 of sent's basic combo from the practice mode is all he ever does and he has like 87% wins in 700 or so games. Either people need to figure out how to beat the sent with hidden missile assist keep away game or Capcom needs to do something about how quickly you can back to back neutralize spam. Too early for me to tell which needs to take place.

I'm not surprised. It's pretty ridiculous. I'll have to check it out. Which stream is that? I was watching the Team Spooky stream last week. They have some good matches on there.

I'm sure there will be plenty of strategies to counter this Sentinel/Doom combo before long. If this dude is ranked 2 or 3 in the world, it makes me wonder how many top class players are really playing online right now. I'm sure they already have answers for it.

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
If anybody comes up with an answer to Zero spam... let me know. I'm getting really annoyed with that. :(

How to scrubwin with Zero, in weaboo-animu notation -
jS 5A 5B 5C 6C (note1) assist 5A 2B 5C 6C assist 5A 5B 5C 6C <rep. until someone dies>

The best I have so far is to wait for (note1) and attempt a backthrow -> super. If you fail at that (either because.. I dunno why it fails sometimes, I guess the game hates me) or they start trying weak mix up (neutral jump after 5C -> right back into the common turns a throw into a 5C counter, or spam 6C to option-select a throw break, or attempt a throw themselves) Zero can get a solid 800K or something ridiculous.

Advancing Guard only pushes Zero back so that they can release a buster shot, hit 6C again or tigerknee his electric in-air dragon punch.

If you get hit with any of that, they can turn 5A 5B 5C 6C into 5A 2B 5C 6C -> 5A 5B 5C 6C S -> stupid lengthy combo ending in a super.

If you think you can beat the gap between 5C -> 6C or 6C 5A/2A... you're wrong. Neither X23 nor Zero can recover fast enough to beat that string and if they KFC... well... bye.

Amaterasu's normal counter doesn't activate fast enough. Dormammu/Deadpools teleport gets eaten. I think even Ryu/Akuma dragon punches get stuffed.

Felicia's Kitty Assist can kick out of it at cost but uh... that's kinda dumb. :)

Reality Check

World Hero
I haven't had a problem dealing with Zero. I have Haggar on my main team so his lariat shuts down his rushdown quite a bit. Any keepaway character can do the same.

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
I haven't had a problem dealing with Zero. I have Haggar on my main team so his lariat shuts down his rushdown quite a bit. Any keepaway character can do the same.

Ya... I can keep him away pretty well with even Hsien-ko, but on the rare occasion that he gets through.... :(

Tag-ins are a problem area at the moment for me. Zero has air moves that encompass him in a ball o' damage 360 degrees and they seem to eat a lot of AA moves. Dormammu's 2B seems to be one. I think Hsien-Ko's 6C is safe if you aren't near the corner.

Dormammu, of course, eats Zero alive. Just set a flame carpet and stand on it. 6C/236x Zzzz.

If you do get a Zero on a flame carpet, I think carpet 5C 236A 236 super nearly destroys Zero... Dormammu has a ton more stuff that can straight-up kill Zero pretty easily.

cannonball

15 Year Member
I think the answer to Zero's rush down spam is a mixture of good keep away tactics and advancing guard. I have some tricks I want to try with Dormammu to see how they work against someone like Zero.

edit: yeah exactly what you just described Supa.

Reality Check

World Hero
Ya... I can keep him away pretty well with even Hsien-ko, but on the rare occasion that he gets through.... :(

Tag-ins are a problem area at the moment for me. Zero has air moves that encompass him in a ball o' damage 360 degrees and they seem to eat a lot of AA moves. Dormammu's 2B seems to be one. I think Hsien-Ko's 6C is safe if you aren't near the corner.

Dormammu, of course, eats Zero alive. Just set a flame carpet and stand on it. 6C/236x Zzzz.

If you do get a Zero on a flame carpet, I think carpet 5C 236A 236 super nearly destroys Zero... Dormammu has a ton more stuff that can straight-up kill Zero pretty easily.

Tag-in were a problem for me as well when it comes to Zero. I found that using crossover counter was good to tag someone out when being rushed by Zero.

When it comes to keepaway I have trouble with Chris. Land mine isn't always reliable as j.C can destroy the mine and his flamethrower is only good against regular jumps. Shotgun is ass when used close.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
dpxrgp.jpg