Marvel vs Capcom 3

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Dude it is ridiculous that we live so close and have not gotten together for some games. Trust me I'm horrible at SF4 and MvC3, you'd get some easy wins on me no doubt.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Dude it is ridiculous that we live so close and have not gotten together for some games. Trust me I'm horrible at SF4 and MvC3, you'd get some easy wins on me no doubt.

i do have a car now, but grad school eats so much time. Maybe during my spring break. Are you still near Bloomington?

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
i do have a car now, but grad school eats so much time. Maybe during my spring break. Are you still near Bloomington?

Yeah, for the time being. I'm thinking about moving soon possibly, but it'll be a little while before I can. Probably not before your spring break.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
holy shit i suck at this game

agreed. I'm absolutely horrible. Ha, I think i'm going to play offline mode until I figure out the basics.

What's everyone using as their button layout? I have a 8 button custom 360 stick and need some advice.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
agreed. I'm absolutely horrible. Ha, I think i'm going to play offline mode until I figure out the basics.

What's everyone using as their button layout? I have a 8 button custom 360 stick and need some advice.

L M H
S A1 A2

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
I really just don't "get" the Vs. games. I've always been more of a ST/3S guy, these games feel completely alien to me.

Anyway, I got all four characters unlocked. Akuma is surprisingly fun to use as is Taskmaster. I think Wesker and Zero will be on my team for sure but I don't know who to place as my third. Iron Man perhaps.

Did anyone download Jill and Shuma Gorath yet? I have the codes from my special edition of the game but I'm waiting to see if I actually like the game before I get them.

Jill and Shuma Gorath aren't available for download until March 15th, even if you have the special edition.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
did some missions. The Partner ones are a bit annoying as I don't fully get the timing of when to use them. Its something you gotta be thinking about in addition to doing the combo which is new for me. I never got that far in MvC2.

I may get an hour in tonight for practice. I wanna just get my fundamentals working before I take it online with poor basics.

So far my team remains

Sentinel (For now I see no reason why he isn't a must have on a team, yea his Rocket punch isnt as good, but with X factor he just steam rolls)

Akuma (High damage, lots of tools and options. I like him in this game a lot)

Bonne (Her biggest fault is her recovery frames, which there are about a million of, but if you get a combo going she has some great damage. I may drop her as I progress since I see her eventually being innefective with all that recovery. She does eat Galactus for free though.)

I'm toying with her and Arthur, but with Sentinel I'm thinking Arthur may be redundant. He's also extremely slow and in close he doesn't have a lot (im seeing so far).

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
Why hasn't this thread been merged with the other one?

The best part about mvc3 - all of the shennanigan nonsense from SSFIV didn't carry over.

There's no broken input assist, no random accidental supers, the speed isn't an underwater ping-pong battle and the combos aren't rigid.

The downside are uh... wtf is up with that multiplayer lobby? No spectator and all we see is cards bumpin'? Anything would've been better than that - bring back the Puzzle Fighter sprites and let them go at it.

I'm stuck on playing Amaterasu but um... I'm very bad at switch combos at the moment.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
There's no broken input assist, no random accidental supers, the speed isn't an underwater ping-pong battle and the combos aren't rigid.

The downside are uh... wtf is up with that multiplayer lobby? No spectator and all we see is cards bumpin'? Anything would've been better than that - bring back the Puzzle Fighter sprites and let them go at it.

Agreed on all counts. I really hope they patch spectator mode in to the game soon.

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
Spectator mode and trainer/mission/challenge thing are my biggest complaints.

The mission mode is pretty useless.... You're better off watching SRK videos and hopping into the regular trainer.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
how is it that capcom can't get me a game that they created? when other people who order from sites like amazon already have theirs... i'm sitting here like a crackhead waiting for his fix.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Spectator mode and trainer/mission/challenge thing are my biggest complaints.

The mission mode is pretty useless.... You're better off watching SRK videos and hopping into the regular trainer.

I'm finding it useful just to get some basic concepts down for the game. In the end I imagine that most to all combos from there will be pointless

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
The downside are uh...
Actually, the major downside of the game at least for the PS3 is lack of support for XMB music. That alone nearly puts SSF4 ahead of MVC3... hopefully Capcom will fix the issue via DLC, but I'd be surprised if they did.

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
Had an great set of matches with IsamuBlue. Gonna do that again

Yea man. That was a lot of fun, although you dominated all of us in the room. You were like 16-0 when I left. What did you end up finishing?

Also, is anyone having trouble connecting to matches on PSN? I seems like three out of every four or five matches, I can't connect to it. I have to keep backing out to the online menu and trying again. Very annoying and inconvenient.

Reality Check

World Hero
Yea man. That was a lot of fun, although you dominated all of us in the room. You were like 16-0 when I left. What did you end up finishing?

I ended leaving when I reached 20. My nephew woke up from his nap and I was the only one at home at the time. Last thing I need is a crying baby

lions3

Igniz's Servent
wtf is up with that multiplayer lobby? No spectator and all we see is cards bumpin'? Anything would've been better than that - bring back the Puzzle Fighter sprites and let them go at it.

Exactly. Why in the world can't we watch their match while we wait in the lobby?

What is everyone's fav char/group? At the moment i'm liking Akuma and X-23. I just can't decide on the third member.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I ended leaving when I reached 20. My nephew woke up from his nap and I was the only one at home at the time. Last thing I need is a crying baby

would make a good headlining news story.

"infant dies as "FUCKING PRINGLES" is heard shouted from other room"

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Spent a lot of time last night getting Morrigans BnB combos down. I'm really liking her so far. Trying to build a team around her at this point. Haven't gone online yet...

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
Right now, for me:

Team 1: X-23, Zero, Dante

Team 2: Chris Redfield, Amaterasu, Arthur

I'll be online for the next 90 minutes or so. Can't play too long as I had a busy first day of work today and I gotta be there even earlier tomorrow. :hammer:

Last edited:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Hey I just got this on PS3. Still learning just like everyone else, sure aint marvel 2.
I'll be on a lot today, add me up and lets rock!

PSN : AlecGh