Marvel vs Capcom 3

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
good games YuckMud!

Man, I don't know why but whenever I'm online I always drop that Taskmaster combo. Well, all combos haha. So frustrating.

Your Hulk, Shuma, Sent team was rockin. We need to do a set with our best teams next time. I gotta figure out how to get in on you when you have that sent drone assist goin.

I'm mostly playing wolvie/task/trish right now.

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Sorry about leaving so abruptly. I had to pee and my mom calls me because she doesn't know how to work her new TV so I'm playing tech support. I think I might keep Shuma/Hulk/Sent. I always kinda stayed away from using Sent like a Gentlemen's Agreement because he's too strong, but it's almost balanced out now that he's like a Glass Cannon with his health taking a hit.

My lag was like hell, so no wonder why both of us were dropping combos. Great to see a Taskmaster, I wish I could use him but I just like how much fun Shuma is to play. I hope they give him a damage and health buff, one Wolvey combo really fucks him up. I think I surprise a lot of people with him online, I guess since you have to pay for him, or with the CE version, people aren't used to fighting against him.

I was trying to get used to X-23, Magneto and Tron, but I keep dropping combos and with Tron, whole moves. I end up just being a huge "HIT ME" sign when I play Tron. I wish I knew how to use her. I fought somebody online that bounced me all over the screen and I couldn't get out of the combo no matter what I did. With X-23 I can do some simple combos but I can't get the timing of the ankle slice that picks you up off the ground to go into the hyper.

cannonball

15 Year Member
Sorry about leaving so abruptly. I had to pee and my mom calls me because she doesn't know how to work her new TV so I'm playing tech support. I think I might keep Shuma/Hulk/Sent. I always kinda stayed away from using Sent like a Gentlemen's Agreement because he's too strong, but it's almost balanced out now that he's like a Glass Cannon with his health taking a hit.

My lag was like hell, so no wonder why both of us were dropping combos. Great to see a Taskmaster, I wish I could use him but I just like how much fun Shuma is to play. I hope they give him a damage and health buff, one Wolvey combo really fucks him up. I think I surprise a lot of people with him online, I guess since you have to pay for him, or with the CE version, people aren't used to fighting against him.

I was trying to get used to X-23, Magneto and Tron, but I keep dropping combos and with Tron, whole moves. I end up just being a huge "HIT ME" sign when I play Tron. I wish I knew how to use her. I fought somebody online that bounced me all over the screen and I couldn't get out of the combo no matter what I did. With X-23 I can do some simple combos but I can't get the timing of the ankle slice that picks you up off the ground to go into the hyper.

It's all good man.

Yeah, the lag was sporatic, but definitely hinders tight combo inputs. Shuma is a lot of fun to play, although when I play him I tend to end up flying all over the screen out of control haha.

I was working on x-23 earlier tonight actually, and I found that ending air series with QCF. LP makes the ankle slice so much easier to hit at full charge.

I think I was doing something like :A:, :B:, :C:, :D: j.:B:, j.:B:, j.:C:, :down: j.:C: xx qcf. :A:, (land) qcf.:B: (charge full) xx qcf. :A::B:

Pat505

War Room Troll
This thread is kinda dead uh?

I like the SSF4 one better when Lwk was always going off, that was a really fun thread to read , probably one of my favorites ever.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think not a lot of folks are sharing the love for MvC3, I still think the game is great though.

Pat505

War Room Troll
Me too I have not been able to touch SF4 cause of the fast pace and just fun factor of this game. Level 3 Fun Factor.

I'm just amazed that this game doesn't pull people like Sf4 I mean I swore up and down I wasn't gonna play this game but I can't stop.

Although them nerfing the cap infinite made me furious after about 6 hours of practicing that infinite. I guess if it only takes a scrub 6 hours to get it down then it should probably be banned though.

I guess my only other complaint is Amy and Taskmaster having retarded option selects mash forward fierce until you A. Grab or B. hit confirm into a full combo. I have a bunch of mindless players in my scene.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'm going to be very grumpy if that rumor of a new "super" version of MvC3 is going to come out rather then another character DLC pack. If they end up doing that I don't think I'll support the next game unless they put in a lot of effort and actually make it like a finished product.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Yea, once MK9 came out, I didn't touch MvC3. I won't board the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 hate train. It's certainly not the worst fighting game ever. Though after playing MK9 and seeing what happens when a developer puts a lot of time, love, care, and extras into a game, I sold MvC3.

cannonball

15 Year Member
I played MvC3 every day until MK9 came out, and I haven't touched it in a week now. I still like the game, I'm just having too much fun with MK.

I still want to play it, but online is pretty bad and all my friends bailed on the game that live locally :(

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I played MvC3 every day until MK9 came out, and I haven't touched it in a week now. I still like the game, I'm just having too much fun with MK.

I still want to play it, but online is pretty bad and all my friends bailed on the game that live locally :(

A lot of my local friends have also lost interest in playing MvC3. Maybe I'm imagining things, but it seems the player base for MvC3 is waining.

Pat505

War Room Troll
I stopped playing Mk9 when MK9 came out.

I love mvc3 the fast pace and the ability to mix and match so, so many different teams and assists makes for some very interesting matches. I seriously dropped every fighter when MVC3 came out including SSF4 and have not looked back.

MVC3 and Rage of the Dragons that's all I need.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I stopped playing Mk9 when MK9 came out.

I love mvc3 the fast pace and the ability to mix and match so, so many different teams and assists makes for some very interesting matches. I seriously dropped every fighter when MVC3 came out including SSF4 and have not looked back.

MVC3 and Rage of the Dragons that's all I need.

I was totally with you up until that rage of the dragons part.