NG meeting?

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
There is lots of space to sleep :) Thats fine.
Start time is when we feel like it if on Saturday, if on Friday it will be around18:00, as I would need a bit of setup time after work.
Place is in Vantaa, Raz you have the address in pm I sent about bios.
I think I prefer saturday so im less tired from work.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
We have this place to sleep :-D
9161912604_6a9f93d662_c.jpg
The tatami is a bit softer than normal floor.
Just bring sleeping bag... and energy drinks :-D

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I think Saturday would maybe be better for me also.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
If no one has objections we are go for Saturday 18th

Address has gone out via PM

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
everyone else ok with that?

TaiDOmi

Mr. Big's Thug
Saturday is fine to me! It seems that we have a plenty of room... to have a few Real Bouts :rolleyes:

Last edited:

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
I'll have to check my hours with the family, but yeah, saturday is fine. :)

Do we have a way of playing MVS games there?

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Yes :) I have a Daedalus.
My friend should have an MV1C at that point, though I'm not sure if it will be consolized by the time of the meet, so it would be good if someone could bring another AES or CMVS to the meet if it looks like it wont be ready.

As for games, I currently have 161-in-1 MVS, Shocktroopers AES, Gunlord AES & Fast Striker AES at his place, with possibility to bring some other games too.
I won a copy of Windjammers MVS on eBay last night, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed it arrives in time for the meet, does anyone else have that game?

Questions:
What hard/soft would people be willing to bring to the meet to complement what I mentioned already?
What food/drink do you all like?
Allergies? (Two cats live there, but it's a big house and they don't often go downstairs, and can be completely shut out the basement for the meet if required)

Oh, also, :D :D :D WE'RE FINALLY GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER MEET UP! Wooooooo

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I don't really have anything to bring unless some people need unibios upgraded? I suspect you are all already on the latest version?

Raz

TaiDOmi

Mr. Big's Thug
My friend should have an MV1C at that point, though I'm not sure if it will be consolized by the time of the meet, so it would be good if someone could bring another AES or CMVS to the meet if it looks like it wont be ready.

As for games, I currently have 161-in-1 MVS, Shocktroopers AES, Gunlord AES & Fast Striker AES at his place, with possibility to bring some other games too.
I won a copy of Windjammers MVS on eBay last night, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed it arrives in time for the meet, does anyone else have that game?

Questions:
What hard/soft would people be willing to bring to the meet to complement what I mentioned already?
What food/drink do you all like?
Allergies? (Two cats live there, but it's a big house and they don't often go downstairs, and can be completely shut out the basement for the meet if required)

Oh, also, :D :D :D WE'RE FINALLY GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER MEET UP! Wooooooo

Should we order a pizza for a change?
Oh .. And I am allergic to cats but I will take my medicine... Huh.. flashback from Shining..

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

What games are on the 161-in-1 MVS, Windjammers is not on it? Or are some of the games there glitchy?

I can bring any game, and also AES console if needed. Here's my list of games (MVS right at the top, AES way down at "SNK Neo-Geo AES":

http://finngamer.webs.com/gamecollection.htm

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
My windjammers shipped today, so it's quite possible it arrives in time, I never thought much about the game until the guys at GiantBomb went mental over it and I took a better look at it, looks great fun for 2 players, it's not on the 161-in-1.
161-in-1 has about 90 something real games on it, only a couple are glitched, Garou is the beta version and SamSho3 has some audio problems. The collection is notably missing most of the Fatal Fury series. I actually have most of the missing games as AES versions. There is a thread in General discussion about what games are on it if I recall.

If you don't mind bringing your AES + a controller, then that would be great.
I will have a think about games.... your list is <Darth Vader>Impressive</Darth Vader>

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
I can bring a Neo-Geo CD as well if there's someone who hasn't experienced it's loading times. :)

Maybe we could play through Samurai Shodown RPG, anybody fluent in Japanese?

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Finn: You know, I'd be interested to see SamSho RPG, maybe you should bring the CeeDee. Also, bring any games you think are fun for 2 player if possible, I'm sure you are itching to own the ass of anyone in MonPuzzEx & NTM :D

Raz: Do you happen to have one of those mvs converters you had still? Might help if we want to use MVS carts on both systems.

TaiDOmi: Pizza is the food of kings... pizza kings! And don't worry about cats, they will be kept away.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I don't have any of those converters left apart from ones that fit to AES system and accept AES carts.

TaiDOmi

Mr. Big's Thug
He has a big omakotitalo in Rekola

Is there also a big yard for our big family cars? :rolleyes:

And what about the time? When will the meet begin?

If someone wants to sell some Neo stuff I maybe would be interested...

Last edited:

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Woaahhh, Finally my account was activated, took like weeks, not days. I'm RockstarRunner's friend.

I haven't been interested in NG earlier, just doing some soldering for him. But as I already have some old Amigas and I have room for other stuff, I thought why not NG project too. Anyway I'm interested in electronics, I have some tools and I'm also familiar with MC68K (Amigas 4eva!) and Z80 (TI85 anyone?) machine language so I thought Neo-Geo MVS might be All-In-One hobby for me. If I ever have time to do something :)

Anyway, after I either squeeze my car into the shelter or leave it next to the mailbox, we can fit 4 cars here, 5 if necessary - depending on definition of "our big family cars", RockstarRunner's car can be fit in to medium size shoulder bag, mine is 5,14m long. BTW. if anyone like to come by train, local trains stop at Rekola or Korso and we can pick you up.

RockstarRunner has probably given you the address. If you use google maps, leave the house number off. For some mystic reason, google shows my previous apartment using this address. It has something to do with linking the addresses with company data...

TaiDOmi

Mr. Big's Thug
Woaahhh, Finally my account was activated, took like weeks, not days. I'm RockstarRunner's friend.

I haven't been interested in NG earlier, just doing some soldering for him. But as I already have some old Amigas and I have room for other stuff, I thought why not NG project too. Anyway I'm interested in electronics, I have some tools and I'm also familiar with MC68K (Amigas 4eva!) and Z80 (TI85 anyone?) machine language so I thought Neo-Geo MVS might be All-In-One hobby for me. If I ever have time to do something :)

Anyway, after I either squeeze my car into the shelter or leave it next to the mailbox, we can fit 4 cars here, 5 if necessary - depending on definition of "our big family cars".

I and Francis will come with same car from Järvenpää direction. How many will attend the meeting?

TaiDOmi

Mr. Big's Thug
At what time we could begin? Oh.. And thanks for Miisalo for organizing this long awaited and countless times cancelled meetup. :multi_co:

Last edited:

miisalo

Astra Superstar
My man cave = basement. So in here we don't bother the family much and can start early, we even have cold cellar in the basement if you want to bring beer etc. Anyway I and RockstarRunner have some asses to kick in the training 10 to 11 AM and I probably need to go to shopping. I hope I'll be ready like 2-3 PM, then we can setup the NG and maybe another projector and screen next to the tatami. After that it's is up to you guys when to start.

About eating and drinking, if the weather is like this, I might warmup the baking oven and we can cook chicken, sausages etc there, but pizzas sound fine anyway. If there are people staying the night, that is also excuse to buy some beer.

And thank RockstarRunner, he is the primus motor of this.

Cheers,
Miikka

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Hi and thanks for the small introduction.. I guess I plan to leave Turku in the early afternoon. Is there any chance of a phone number in case I get close but lost :) I might stay the night, might not. I'll play it by ear, don't have a sleeping bag but Ill bring a quilt in case :)

I also may bring along a pc2neo usb adapter Ive been working on if there is going to be a CD system in the house you'll find it intresting if your into some homebrew programming.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
I don't yet have rights for private messages, somewhat limited account still. RockstarRunner can send my number to all.