Gun Lord - Another new game by NG:DEV Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldynes

n00b
The delay has been well worth it. That shooter level reaffirms my purchase for sure. Great job!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That dragon must look nuts at 60fps, fucking youtube and it's 30fps limit.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Is the bouns stage where you fly the ship? I watched it but didn't see where it said that.

NG DEV posted a screen shot yesterday saying that it was from a bonus stage. He may have meant that it's an additional level as opposed to an actual bonus stage. That I'm not sure about. Either way, it's in the game and it's awesome.

Last edited:

ourlad1337

n00b
I should have watched the video first, feel stupid now. Can' wait for this, I used to love the Turrican games on the C64 and this looks very close.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
It's looking great. Im glad I made the commitment to buy this game.

The only fault I can see from that trailer is that the intro dialogue is a little flaky. It has a touch of the Zero Wing's about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icVy7Ve6y6A

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

SOMEONE SET US UP THE BOMB

NO WAY MUST SAVE MY WIFE! YOU CAN"T ESCAPE YOU HAVE NO GUN! BiTCHS!

Ok it's not as bad as Zero Wing but it probably just needs a native english speaker to sort out the dialogue a bit. Then again, it adds a bit of character I suppose :D

Last edited:

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I didn't receive a 'new trailer' e-mail from NG : DEV. Wasn't everybody who pre-ordered supposed to get automatic e-mail updates? The last update I recieved was in November, should I be alarmed?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm pretty sure there is satire in the intro dialogue. It's supposed to be a little cheesy just like a lot of the games of the 16bit era.

i went with the MVS version, though I don't know how it will be any better than the DC version. I partially went with MVS just to support their team. The more they sell, the more new games we get.

l2yan00

Quiz Detective
finally after all this time i just sent my order in wo0o00o0....

1x Gunlord MVS Shockbox LE *NEW*

Cant wait for this one. I has Fast Striker Kit but recently sold it regretfully.... This baby im holding on to forever.....

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Looks like that in addition to the shmup stage, they've also added the ability to hang onto the ceiling since the last trailer.

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
I didn't receive a 'new trailer' e-mail from NG : DEV. Wasn't everybody who pre-ordered supposed to get automatic e-mail updates? The last update I recieved was in November, should I be alarmed?
Are you subscribed to their general newsletter?

ronald0

Crazed MVS Addict
Looks very good! Love the boss design.

Unfortunately it seems we'll have to wait until summer for the AES release (release date now June 30 according to the product page on ngdevdirect.com).

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf

We have a couple of people with wrong email addresses in the newsletter. Please make sure you are actually subscribed and that your email is correct and check your spam folder.

I'm pretty sure there is satire in the intro dialogue. It's supposed to be a little cheesy just like a lot of the games of the 16bit era.

Exactly :)

l2yan00

Quiz Detective
is this statement accurate from the ng dev team? Is that really all that they are making?

Gunlord MVS Shockbox LE : 60 units worldwide

neoXmen

n00b
The game really looks good, but i'm sure if I drop $500 i'll have some buyers remorse. I guess I'll just wait for the DC version to hit.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Unfortunately it seems we'll have to wait until summer for the AES release (release date now June 30 according to the product page on ngdevdirect.com).

WTF NGDEV?? We were 1 month away from release and now pushed back 3 more months?

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
they explained this a few pages back

"Current release date schedule:

- Gunlord MVS: 26th March

- Gunlord DC: 14th June

- Gunlord AES: 2nd quarter 2012

Main reason for the late AES release are the shells and snap cases. As soon as we have those in stock a release only takes 14 days. We are currently working on a deal using original SNKP manufactured shells and snap cases (no sacc. carts). These kind of deals are always slow and expensive. But the progress is very good. We will keep you updated. If the deal works out as planned there will be unlimited supplies of new AES snap cases/shells for future projects."

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
The game really looks good, but i'm sure if I drop $500 i'll have some buyers remorse. I guess I'll just wait for the DC version to hit.

You're not going to make much of a loss money-wise if you decide to sell it later.

l2yan00

Quiz Detective
its actually 575 after shipping lol... and thats a great deal to support the dev team... i cant wait for my mvs cart

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

Main reason for the late AES release are the shells and snap cases. As soon as we have those in stock a release only takes 14 days. We are currently working on a deal using original SNKP manufactured shells and snap cases (no sacc. carts). These kind of deals are always slow and expensive. But the progress is very good. We will keep you updated. If the deal works out as planned there will be unlimited supplies of new AES snap cases/shells for future projects."

I'd rather get the game at the end of April as it was before, shipped to me in an MVS style box and when the snapcases come in then mail it to me.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
I'd rather get the game at the end of April as it was before, shipped to me in an MVS style box and when the snapcases come in then mail it to me.

They don't have the cart shells either.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member

Not complaining here, but I do have a question. Why was the DC version pushed back 2 months? Are you low on those cases too? Regardless, can't wait for it and am super excited about the final product. Now, if you could just add some animation to the gun and make it vibrate while it's shooting....

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Only graphics I would change is the main character's. It would probably look a lot better without his knees pointed in the direction he's facing when standing still, better if the legs are neutral and just the gun and head move while standing and shooting left and right. Also need to bulk him up a bit, looks scrawny.

Status
Not open for further replies.