Gun Lord - Another new game by NG:DEV Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
To shorten the wait for the trailer here is a CRT shot from an Egret 2, several people send us recently mails how it looks on proper arcade gear:

gl_egret2_crt_shot_bonustage_small.jpg

The screen shot is from a new bonus stage.

Wow, very nice detail on that. You need to provide sex for the pixel artists from German virgin ladies aka gut-und-eng(tight).

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I was definitely not aware of the Dreamcast version. $42 is incredibly reasonable and definitely worth my money. But this brings up the question as to why the Neo Geo copies are more?

I mean look at Pier Solar. $50. Are they saying the carts they have are costing them tons of money that they need to charge $300+ for? Don't get me wrong I'd love to own an MVS copy by all means.
Yes the hardware costs a lot more. And if you want to own it on MVS then you have to pay what it costs to develop custom hardware for a dead.profeaaional-grade system.

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf
Comparision between a Megadrive cart and our old/1. gen MVS carts:

md_cart_vs_neogeo_cart.jpg

A NEOGEO cart basically costs 30x a Megadrive cart costs (engineering, parts and production costs). Not any game development costs included.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
The new trailer was just uploaded to youtube, but it's not set to public yet.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
How? It still says it's set to private and won't play (though the title and preview image are visible).

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
How? It still says it's set to private and won't play (though the title and preview image are visible).

I just went to his youtube link on his signature and it showed up and played. Just do that and it will work;)

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
Nice, now please meet the end of April AES deadline :vik:

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
I just went to his youtube link on his signature and it showed up and played. Just do that and it will work;)

Holy shit! Glad I preordered. This looks amazing. I love the new changes/additions!

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf
Newsletter

Dear customers,

finally the release Trailer is up.

You can find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b1h41hVg_8

Current release date schedule:

- Gunlord MVS: 26th March

- Gunlord DC: 14th June

- Gunlord AES: 2nd quarter 2012

Main reason for the late AES release are the shells and snap cases. As soon as we have those in stock a release only takes 14 days. We are currently working on a deal using original SNKP manufactured shells and snap cases (no sacc. carts). These kind of deals are always slow and expensive. But the progress is very good. We will keep you updated. If the deal works out as planned there will be unlimited supplies of new AES snap cases/shells for future projects.

For people not on Facebook/Twitter here are a few links of cool stuff we recently posted:

Gunlord MVS on an Egret 2 arcade cabinet:
http://www.ngdevteam.com/images/stories/gl_egret2_crt_shot_bonustage_small.jpg

Some pixelart stills from the attract mode:
http://www.gun-lord.com/intro.png

Best regards,
NG: DEV.TEAM

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
Looks very good, those new artists really draw well! I am excited for this and the future games!

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
nice! so there's a shmup aspect as well... totally cool. so glad I pre-ordered... just wish the MVS LE came with a soundtrack CD :( i might have to grab the dreamcast version for that as well.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
The music has evolved to a new level more adapted to the gameplay. Some backgrounds now are animated. The new bonus stage could be a game itself. The dragon boss is amazing...
...but there's score font inconsistency across levels! LOL. Amazing work, guys.

btw, take a look at the big spaceship with 4 small guns, the 4th small gun magically disappear

Last edited:

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
I have to agree the wider color palette, amazing multiple parallax scrolling and overall action on the screen makes this a proper Neo Geo game! I am impressed with the additions as well!

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I just bought the MVS LE kit. Now this is what I was hoping for. The artwork is fantastic. Great improvements from what I saw in the first trailer. What can I say, I'm impressed. I can't wait to get my copy.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Looks gorgeous. It feels like a real homage to the glories for the 16-bit age.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
As soon as I saw the dragon I knew it had to have it. The bonus stage was a nice touch too. I also like how the character dies now. Much improved over the original. He kind of disintegrates as opposed to just pausing and catching fire.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
As soon as I saw the dragon I knew it had to have it. The bonus stage was a nice touch too. I also like how the character dies now. Much improved over the original. He kind of disintegrates as opposed to just pausing and catching fire.

Yeah the Dragon and the animation of it was sweet. I also like how some of the mechanical enemys sits there and smokes after you destroy them very cool little details! Is the bouns stage where you fly the ship? I watched it but didn't see where it said that. Anyway, I really like that it has shoot'em up sections to mix it up. Very well done Dev-Team I'm sold :D

Status
Not open for further replies.