Gun Lord - Another new game by NG:DEV Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
http://www.gun-lord.com/
Not much to see for now, TBA 2011. Music is by Rafael Dyll (Söldner-X) if I recall correctly. If plays just a little bit like Turrican I'm sold. ;)
For MVS and Dreamcast as far as I know.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Its not a shooter? Cool!

I'm sure I'll never buy it on Neo since I have better things to drop $800 on, but it could be a great DC release and those are nice too.

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Only because people are willing to pay absolutely obscene amounts of money for a single game.

If you put as much effort into it as these guys do, you'd want to at least make a little back, wouldn't you? I'm sure $500+/cart hardly covers their time and devotion, never mind actual cost.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
If you put as much effort into it as these guys do, you'd want to at least make a little back, wouldn't you? I'm sure $500+/cart hardly covers their time and devotion, never mind actual cost.
Oh yeah, for sure.

The problem I have with these guys is they make an incredibly small batch of carts and sell them for sky high prices, which means they end up turning into collectors items and sitting unopened on peoples shelves.

If they gave a shit about the NG community, they'd make more of the product and sell it at a price that is more affordable to the average person so more people could enjoy their games. But they don't, all they care about is making a buck.

Retrozoa

n00b
Yeah, too bad these are basically collector's items from the get go. I'd love to get one.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Sounds fucking promising. I'm hoping for the best.

I've heard a fucked up thing or two about how this N-G Dev team conducts thioer buisiness but I have heard good views on thier gaming efforts so far so I will keep an eye out.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Oh yeah, for sure.

The problem I have with these guys is they make an incredibly small batch of carts and sell them for sky high prices, which means they end up turning into collectors items and sitting unopened on peoples shelves.

If they gave a shit about the NG community, they'd make more of the product and sell it at a price that is more affordable to the average person so more people could enjoy their games. But they don't, all they care about is making a buck.

How dare they making money of the "neo scene"! Those bastards!

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist

Only problem with that is if they were to make a big enough batch to drop the price to a decent amount. They would run the risk of being stuck with part of them for a long time.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
That's why they're releasing a Dreamcast version, so that people who want to play the game for the price of a normal console game can do just that.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
I was looking at their Facebook page and they had this listed in the info section.

"Current-gen systems both disc and download are following."

I am curious about their plans with that.

Blur2040

Crossed Swords Squire
I think Turrican is a pretty good game.

Some decent tunes, some OK graphics---sprites a bit dull looking and colorless. Gameplay is decent---though I never liked the damage system. Your health can drain in about 2 seconds flat. Always seemed like there should have been a recovery period afterwards. Control was always a bit lousy due to the lack of buttons on Amiga, C64 and the like.

I can't help but think though---would a clone of it sell/work on the Neo? Turrican might be big in Europe, but its barely a blip on most peoples radars here in the US---and honestly, I think its because its gameplay just doesn't hold up compared to the gameplay of its contemporaries. Just seems like a poor fit.

Then again, maybe it'll play nothing like Turrican and only look a little bit like it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
One thing I love about scrolling backgrounds is that if you use 3D glasses in looks 3D, you have to use those 3D glasses where one side is darker than the other though.

snkjoe

New Challenger
well il have to give it a shot the music sounds cool :P will see how it when they release the game :)

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Only because people are willing to pay absolutely obscene amounts of money for a single game.

Not much has changed since the original releases.

Oh yeah, for sure.

Or they'd sell it on another platform to make more money. These people owe me nothing.

aria

Former Moderator

Or they'd sell it on another platform to make more money. These people owe me nothing.

I honestly don't understand their motivation, but I still am not a fan of their price structure or method. It's not enough to make any serious money for the time they're putting into this (I've always assumed this is a side project for them); yet it does still "shock the conscience" more than the official releases ever did. In a way, I appreciate that feeling because it lets me know I'm still normal and my perceptions of cost haven't been completely warped (for that I just needed to pay for a week in the Maldives).

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If I had the know how to make a game from the ground up for the Neo I would make one as well. It's a great platform and to me new releases on the Neo are cool especially when they push the limits of what the hardware can do.

If you saw Fast Striker in 1991 would you think it was on a 16-bit console? Fuck no. Even today it doesn't look like it's on a 16-bit console. It shows how amazing and special the Neo really is to this day. No other console to this day was beyond the competition like the Neo was.

Status
Not open for further replies.