Page 33 of 95 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Lord - Another new game by NG:DEV Team

Fio's Quartermaster

In the trailer the stages look pretty big, I just wonder how complex/maze style the stages will be in the end?
    Last edited by MCF 76; 03-16-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Toapran

The only people that could run vert neo shit in a dedicated cab would be those with Neo 25/29's or Super Neo 29's. There's only a handful of people who own them.

(I'm actually running vert jamma stuff in my 25 atm)

but still.

You'd be expecting people to either have a supergun with a screen that can rotate (Neo Alec need not apply cause he'll buy anything anyway) or have a spare cab with a vert setup. No one's gonna want to rotate their dedicated MVS monitor just for one game like neosneth said.

I think we can all agree that the idea wasn't thought out too carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiShodownSensei View Post
    The only people that could run vert neo shit in a dedicated cab would be those with Neo 25/29's or Super Neo 29's. There's only a handful of people who own them.

(I'm actually running vert jamma stuff in my 25 atm)

but still.

You'd be expecting people to either have a supergun with a screen that can rotate (Neo Alec need not apply cause he'll buy anything anyway) or have a spare cab with a vert setup. No one's gonna want to rotate their dedicated MVS monitor just for one game like neosneth said.
    What's the big deal? I am talking about an op running an MVS 1 slot in any vertical jamma cab. Same as the PGM or any dedicated PCB. There is no reason you have to run it in a dedicated Neo cab. Anyway, I'm not saying DGDev should make one. Btw, I don't collect cabs so I don't own any.
    Last edited by Neo Alec; 03-16-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Toapran

I know you don't have a cab Alec, and you have a weird aversion to them. You're like a Porsche enthusiast who just collects engines.

You know, I'd sell you a MVS-U4 just so you could play V-Liner in style.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiShodownSensei View Post
    I know you don't have a cab Alec, and you have a weird aversion to them. You're like a Porsche enthusiast who just collects engines.

You know, I'd sell you a MVS-U4 just so you could play V-Liner in style.
    I'll probably get a cab some day when my lifestyle is more conducive to it. These days I'm an expat. It's not practical to have a cab until I at least have a semi-permanent residence. But if I do buy one, it'll just be a "might as well" sort of thing, since I'm very happy playing games the way I grew up at home.

B. Jenet's Firstmate

Can't wait for the release. Looks exactly as my good ol' Turrican on the Amiga now. Just a bit better.

Their next game should definitely be a side scrolling brawler in a fantasy style setting. That would be awesome. Or maybe a Magician Lord like platformer.

Amano's Drinking Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by SNKorSWM View Post
    In terms of background story, Gun Lord is already a "sequel" to Last Hope.
    Care to explain?

Natural Born Killer

Quote Originally Posted by 2D_Master View Post
    Care to explain?
    I "second" that...

Fio's Quartermaster

Care to explain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlin View Post
    I "second" that...
    Damn, I didn't know anything about this I guess I need to watch the long play of Last Hope on youtube. Maybe there is a clue of this in the video or in the credits.
    Last edited by MCF 76; 03-17-2012 at 08:08 PM.

King of Spammers

Care to explain?
    I "second" that...
    Quote Originally Posted by MCF 76 View Post
    Damn, I didn't know anything about this I guess I need to watch the long play of Last Hope on youtube. Maybe there is a clue of this in the video or in the credits.
    As mentioned in the first Gun Lord trailer, Vanessa Gaiden, who is the captain of the Z-42 Warpstar and the main protagonist in Last Hope, was missing in action. Vanessa is the newlywed wife of Gordon Gaiden, the main protagonist in Gun Lord, and the story picks up in the second trailer where Gordon busts out of custody to search for her.

Kula's Candy

people actually pay attention to the stories of games like this?... interesting..

Fio's Quartermaster

Care to explain?
    I "second" that...
    As mentioned in the first Gun Lord trailer, Vanessa Gaiden, who is the captain of the Z-42 Warpstar and the main protagonist in Last Hope, was missing in action. Vanessa is the newlywed wife of Gordon Gaiden, the main protagonist in Gun Lord, and the story picks up in the second trailer where Gordon busts out of custody to search for her.
    I'm on it now to rewatch again, I did miss this dialogue thanks SNKorSWM for pointing it out....
    Last edited by MCF 76; 03-17-2012 at 11:17 PM.

Fio's Quartermaster

Yep, you were right SNKorSWM! just watched it again and actually listened this time

Heres the link if anybody wants to hear it. The first 22 sec's it says it clearly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HohDEQpIRMw

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

I was on about a vertical shooter with a vertical monitor. I know the system is not designed for it and it would not work easily from a home users prospective, but it is something that is missing from the neogeo line up. There is something about vertical shooters that just cannot be had from vertical shooters on a horizontal monitor. And if you did it right you could have it in either hortz or vertical mode given the neogeos sprite stretching abilities.

You could have a real good vertical scrolling background that allowed you to zoom in and out of it. Imagine an xevious type bomb dropping system in a game that had a button for swoop low when held down. When you used it the BG would zoom in and scroll faster and your bullets hit ground targets. When your zoomed out your higher and the scrolling is slower (for dropping bombs) but your bullets no longer hit ground targets.... You could in effect have two levels in one.

If you can't imagine what I mean fire up SamsSho2 and watch how the BG zooms in and out as the characters move closer together or further apart.
    Last edited by Razoola; 03-18-2012 at 04:51 AM.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS & AES )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Natural Born Killer

Thanks for sharing!

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

Quote Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
    I was on about a vertical shooter with a vertical monitor. I know the system is not designed for it and it would not work easily from a home users prospective, but it is something that is missing from the neogeo line up. There is something about vertical shooters that just cannot be had from vertical shooters on a horizontal monitor. And if you did it right you could have it in either hortz or vertical mode given the neogeos sprite stretching abilities.

You could have a real good vertical scrolling background that allowed you to zoom in and out of it. Imagine an xevious type bomb dropping system in a game that had a button for swoop low when held down. When you used it the BG would zoom in and scroll faster and your bullets hit ground targets. When your zoomed out your higher and the scrolling is slower (for dropping bombs) but your bullets no longer hit ground targets.... You could in effect have two levels in one.

If you can't imagine what I mean fire up SamsSho2 and watch how the BG zooms in and out as the characters move closer together or further apart.
    Sounds badass Raz, I think you're onto something.

Got suckered in again...I rather support this than junk ala TotC or B2B to be honest.
    And the world needs another turrican-like game anyway.
    Austin 3:16

B. Jenet's Firstmate

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shroom View Post
    Got suckered in again...I rather support this than junk ala TotC or B2B to be honest.
    And the world needs another turrican-like game anyway.
    I agree 100% on this. Ordered both FS and GL NGH. This is worth so much more in my book then those crappy releases others do (B2B + TotC artwork = yuck! ). Done with love and real ambition!

I really hope we can expect much more to come from them.

TЗh ЯussiaИs Дre CФming,
    TЗh ЯussiaИs Дre CФming

Looks like the MVS Limited Edition is sold out. Good for them!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiselgof View Post
    Looks like the MVS Limited Edition is sold out. Good for them!
    Wow! Glad I got in on that when I did. I figured a lot of people were waiting for that new video to come out before making a decision. It certainly was enough to persuade me. Glad to hear NG: DEV is doing well with their sales.

Administrator

No finalized JPN artwork yet

Fio's Quartermaster

Quote Originally Posted by aria View Post
    No finalized JPN artwork yet
    You would think that all the art work would be done at this point and time of the game development. I can't wait for the next update.

Looking at the two different artworks...I think I like the english one better and I'd like to see that one on the jap. version in fullsize.
    Your mileage may vary.
    Austin 3:16

Amano's Drinking Buddy

I think if they changed the JAP art layout to landscape, it would look a lot better. Gunlord's waifu is barely in the picture and it looks strange --gotta see 'dat ass.

Thread Information