Anybody jumping on the 3DS??

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Didn't say I like it, just that it was going to happen eventaully. You'd be kidding yourself if you didn't think it would.
That doesn't make any sense. You're making it sound like they didn't have the technology before now, or something. Having their games not be region locked was a CHOICE Nintendo made, back in the Gameboy days. Now they are reversing that choice for no real reason and it is bullshit.

The entire rest of the gaming world is moving in the opposite direction. PSP games: not region locked. PS3 games: not region locked. A lot of 360 games: not region locked. Nintendo is once again making a giant spectacle of how out of touch they are with modern gaming trends with this bullshit move that helps no one and hurts the consumer.

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
I'll probably get one later in it's life as the price will probably be a bit high at launch. Oh well, at least Blazblue, Dead Or Alive Dimensions, Super Street Fighter IV, Samurai Warriors: Chronicle, etc, are appealing.

Last edited:

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
I plan getting a Nintendo 3DS portable at launch with a few games and that thumb analog stick will help me play Super Mario 64 alot easier too.

These game titles look very appealing.

Blazblue
Dead Or Alive Dimensions
Kid Icarus
Megaman Legends 3
Resident Evil Revelations
Resident Evil Mercenaries
Star Fox 64 remake
Super Paper Mario
Super Street Fighter IV
The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time remake

I'd like to see ports and remakes like.

Bangaioh remake
Castlevania 64 + Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness remakes (made into one game)
Megaman Legends remake
Megaman Legends 2 remake
Mis-Adventures of Tron Bonne remake
Mischief Makers (port)
Mortal Kombat Trilogy (but with games of MK, MKII, MK3 & UMK3) (port)
Rampage: World Tour (port)
Resident Evil 0 (port)
Resident Evil remake (port)
Resident Evil 2 remake
Resident Evil 3 remake
Resident Evil Code Veronica remake
Resident Evil Survivor remake
Resident Evil Dead Aim remake (make it longer)
Resident Evil 4 (port)
Resident Evil 5 (port)
Sin & Punishment remake
Super Mario 64 remake (might aswell use Super Mario Galaxy's graphics)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask remake (remove the 72 hour timer)
Wonder Project J2 (port)

And whatever N64/GC/Wii ports or remakes they decided on putting on the Nintendo 3DS? This is just dreaming though.

We do need new, prequels or sequels games of Castlevania, Contra, Megaman, Metroid, Puyo Pop etc. :D

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Not getting that thing until some sort of region code free firmware or a "3DS Gecko" comes out.

Region locked handhelds? Fuck that.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
$250 isn't too bad if you're in the UK, but I bet they'll be double that or at least £220 UK Pounds here, so if I did get one I'd import but not from Japan due to the lack of English menu's (I'm guessing since the original DS had no English).

I guess I'll grab one to mess with within a couple months of release, then perhaps they'll have some better games to play.

I'd expect to get bored of it quick though, I just like to mess with new tech and get it out of my system.

Why are consoles so much more expensive in Europe?

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
That doesn't make any sense. You're making it sound like they didn't have the technology before now, or something. Having their games not be region locked was a CHOICE Nintendo made, back in the Gameboy days. Now they are reversing that choice for no real reason and it is bullshit.

The entire rest of the gaming world is moving in the opposite direction. PSP games: not region locked. PS3 games: not region locked. A lot of 360 games: not region locked. Nintendo is once again making a giant spectacle of how out of touch they are with modern gaming trends with this bullshit move that helps no one and hurts the consumer.

Phyeir" said:
Now they can double up on sales on import systems.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
It still doesn't make any sense. "NOW" they can double up on import sales? They always could. What you have is a theory, but it's not based on anything and I'm skeptical of it.

fake

15 Year Member
It still doesn't make any sense. "NOW" they can double up on import sales? They always could. What you have is a theory, but it's not based on anything and I'm skeptical of it.

I think the only people that would have imported a DS / lite would have done so to get it early, not specifically to play Japanese games (since you can do that with any DS / lite. Since you can only play Japanese games with a Japanese 3DS and American w/ an American, there's more of a reason to buy one of both regions.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I think the only people that would have imported a DS / lite would have done so to get it early, not specifically to play Japanese games (since you can do that with any DS / lite. Since you can only play Japanese games with a Japanese 3DS and American w/ an American, there's more of a reason to buy one of both regions.

But again, what I am saying for the billionth time is that if it was an actual strategy Nintendo was using to sell multiple systems to the same user, they could have done that since Gameboy DAY ONE all the way back in 1991. It isn't like they suddenly came up with the ability to region lock their handheld games in 2010. They have always had the ability to do it.

It doesn't make sense to say it was "inevitable" they'd do it, that it was "eventually" going to happen, because they could have done it at any time.

hedorah

New Challenger
I keep saying I will wait but I am sure the pre release hype will grab me and I will get one on day one.

fake

15 Year Member
But again, what I am saying for the billionth time is that if it was an actual strategy Nintendo was using to sell multiple systems to the same user, they could have done that since Gameboy DAY ONE all the way back in 1991. It isn't like they suddenly came up with the ability to region lock their handheld games in 2010. They have always had the ability to do it.

It doesn't make sense to say it was "inevitable" they'd do it, that it was "eventually" going to happen, because they could have done it at any time.

True, but by "inevitable" I thought he meant "everything else is being locked up so it's only a matter of time before EVERYTHING gets locked up." Yeah, I don't think it's some sort of strategy on any console-makers part to get people to buy two systems.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
The region locking is pissing me off.

I travel to Japan once a year or so. If I want to buy a game there, I'm fucked unless I own a second system? Shit on that.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
True, but by "inevitable" I thought he meant "everything else is being locked up so it's only a matter of time

But that's what I'm saying: everything else isn't being locked up. Everything else is going the other way. Sony, which did region lock everything from day one, now doesn't. Microsoft has also gone a long way towards being region free on its current console. It's only Nintendo all by itself, bucking the trend and going in the opposite direction in yet another completely out-of-touch-with-reality move. Fuck them.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
they could have done that since Gameboy DAY ONE all the way back in 1991.
we didn't even have a phone in 1991. the internet changed things.

i do agree, though. region locking is pretty damn stupid. a friend of mine collects horror dvds and blu-rays and he's equally as pissed off about region codes.

what makes it worse is that the vast majority of potential 3ds owners probably doesn't even care about importing games. especially not, if the game doesn't play in english, german or french.

other than that ... the psp and ps3 might be region free, but sony did something else to make importing things a bit harder (more expensive) for us europeans:

5362653283_114808e0ba.jpg

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
other than that ... the psp and ps3 might be region free, but sony did something else to make importing things a bit harder (more expensive) for us europeans:

5362653283_114808e0ba.jpg

Looks like the aftermath of the Lik-Sang lawsuit is still haunting the online shops.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I won't get it especially considering that the price tag here in austria could be 250 Euro if it costs 250 dollars overseas. :(

slangman

n00b
I'll wait and see in 1-2 years time. I can't justify spending a lot of money on a console that will probably have a limited amount of games for the first year.

Besides I also need to see how importing a NA console will effect users, as I will not be picking up EU version. Nintendo just loves to treat Europeans like crap with game delays compared to the rest of the world and I am also boycotting NOE as they keep releasing 50Hz junk on the Wii. :shame:

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I'll wait and see in 1-2 years time. I can't justify spending a lot of money on a console that will probably have a limited amount of games for the first year.

I'm going to try and wait too. I remember the terrible feeling of playing the original DS for a year with nothing to play but Mahjong Taikai.

Some of the games look pretty good, but I still have a bunch of DS and PSP games to work through.

I hope I can resist. 250 dollars is a lot of money, and I'll probably want to get a Japanese and an American model.