Anybody jumping on the 3DS??

It is supposed to release here in March at a price tag of 250. Im guessing Kid Icarus will be a launch title. Im very undecided about shelling out the money for this. What are your thoughts??

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
no.
Kid Icarus looks neat though.
Like a space harrier clone.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
I read on Gamespot where Icarus is not a launch title. However, I want a 3DS. Not going to be getting one anytime soon though. Now, just to make my little boy understand that.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I'll get a 3DS Lite if there are good games by then.

acg12xu

Trippin' Balls
Yes, sucker for nintendo handhelds and I'll probably get one within the first few months. Being a Metal Gear and Zelda fan, there's already a couple titles for me close to launch. Not too happy about the $250 tag, though expected.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I might wait and not pick it up at launch. Considering how Nintendo is constantly making their handhelds better I don't want to pay top dollar for it when it comes out with next to no games, only to find out theres a much improved version coming out in the future. (I am glad I traded in my phat for a lite though)

Also, is it true that Nintendo is region locking the games? I heard a rumor that they were going to do that. I hope they don't. Nintendo handhelds have NEVER been region locked, so why do it now? I would hate to miss out on another Jump Superstars game if they made it for the 3DS.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I might wait and not pick it up at launch. Considering how Nintendo is constantly making their handhelds better I don't want to pay top dollar for it when it comes out with next to no games, only to find out theres a much improved version coming out in the future. (I am glad I traded in my phat for a lite though)

Also, is it true that Nintendo is region locking the games? I heard a rumor that they were going to do that. I hope they don't. Nintendo handhelds have NEVER been region locked, so why do it now? I would hate to miss out on another Jump Superstars game if they made it for the 3DS.

DSI and DSiXL were region locked, was only due time that they would.

Going to be getting them, but that battery life score is wicked bad, 3-5 hours and that's on lower brightness. Ugh.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Going to be getting them, but that battery life score is wicked bad, 3-5 hours and that's on lower brightness. Ugh.

How could they even release that? :oh_no:

Bummer about region lock too.

hoop-jones

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

I had a japanese DSi and it played games from all kinds of regions if i am not mistaken??:scratch:
I just remember that it it would not let me change the language of the console´s menu.

I am planning to get a 3DS on release, but this really depends on my available cash at the time. I am not saving up for it.
I am really curious about the 3D effect and i am really sure that i will lose interest in it
not long after the purchase and might resell it quickly.
Should not be too much of a loss shortly after release though...

I want some decent SNKP games in 3D!:D

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I had a japanese DSi and it played games from all kinds of regions if i am not mistaken??:scratch:
I just remember that it it would not let me change the language of the console´s menu.

I am planning to get a 3DS on release, but this really depends on my available cash at the time. I am not saving up for it.
I am really curious about the 3D effect and i am really sure that i will lose interest in it

Yeah, I thought the deal was that carts were region free but DSiWare was locked. Hentai Sama linked to an article saying it was totally locked though, so now I'm confused again. :scratch:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I'm going to wait until the customer reviews come out, just to be certain that there are no nasty surprises like cracked hinges or whatnot.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Only due time? Why? It's dumb. Half the reason to get a handheld is to play the cool games that won't come out here.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I might be tempted by the Resident Evil titles, particularly the Mercenaries game. And I never actually owned a DS so I'd like to play some older games on it like the two Zelda titles.

$250.00 is a bit too much for me though. A handheld shouldn't cost 50 dollars less than a console.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Interested in the 3DS but i won't jump on one untile later in the year.Beside,some games i like to try won't be out on the 3ds until later in the year.Also i'm still put off by it's price for starters any ways.Plus most recently i got a (psp 3000) so that's my enough for me on buying any gaming device at least for a while any ways.

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
$250 isn't too bad if you're in the UK, but I bet they'll be double that or at least £220 UK Pounds here, so if I did get one I'd import but not from Japan due to the lack of English menu's (I'm guessing since the original DS had no English).

I guess I'll grab one to mess with within a couple months of release, then perhaps they'll have some better games to play.

I'd expect to get bored of it quick though, I just like to mess with new tech and get it out of my system.

The more i think about it....the more i am going to wait. As you all have said before......if i spend 250 on this.....a year later there might be a more improved model and then 6 months after that.....an even better one. Decisions decisions.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Only due time? Why? It's dumb. Half the reason to get a handheld is to play the cool games that won't come out here.

Didn't say I like it, just that it was going to happen eventaully. You'd be kidding yourself if you didn't think it would. Now they can double up on sales on import systems. Score!

Geralds

Kula's Candy

It is mostly dsi enhanced games that are region locked and only on the dsi. Some examples of region locked dsi titles would be like pokemon black and white.

I'm hopeful the 3DS will continue where the DS left off.

The DSi I couldn't care less about. I owned that XL one for like a week but didn't see the i part as being worthwhile, and I didn't appreciate the size like I expected.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'll pick one up since I'm a handheld junkie, but I might not pick it up at launch since it seems most of the good games aren't launch titles. I'm still waiting for NOA to announce US prices. the Japanese pricing for both the system and software are ridiculous, if they want $300 for a handheld and $60 for a game they can keep it. US prices will likely be cheaper, though.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
i'll wait and see, if they will be forced to drop the price. can't see myself spending more than 150€, personally.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
star fox 64 remake and kid icarus look fucking AWESOME (two on-rail shooters at launch? YES) but no, i think i have enough games.

besides, you'll just be kicking yourself a year and a half later when a revision comes out.