Soldner X or Soldner X 2?

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
I just found out about these games yesterday. Didn't realize PSN had any shooters (damn you xbla for being so awesome!). I don't have a 360 so PSN is it for me.

Soldner X-2 seems better from reviews, but the preview video for the first one looks better.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I saw a gameplay preview last october in Hamburg and X-2 looked far more polished than x in my opinion. I own the prequel but never really got into it...dunno, something puts me off but I can't point it out.

Anyway, X-2 looked pretty good. Music is nice too if you like that style.

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Just got X-2 last night, and I have to say I am disappointed. Music's not as awesome, game is far easier. I had enough keys to get to level 6 first time through, no missed 1-6 on normal. Either I've gotten far better since Soldner-X, or it's just not nearly so difficult. I'm betting on the latter.

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
I haven't played X-2 but had a really good time with X. Can't go wrong with the first one, IMO.

EDOOM

n00b
Söldner X is quite difficult, and has some annoying glitches (such as the ship getting stuck into walls when respawning), which can frustrate and ruin your 1CC attempt, but if you are looking for a less challenging esperience, it's one of the best representatives on these next-gen consoles of us (Cave danmakus aside, of course)...

hoop-jones

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Bought the first one on PSN and had not much fun at all with it.
I did not bother with looking at the sequel, so i have no idea how much they improved it.

The first one had really nice graphics for sure, but i found it to be very confusing. Sometimes you don´t know where your ship is, since it´s rather small and the screen is so crowded with enemies.
Those really long levels bored me too...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I have the first one. Is a nice game but in all honestly I don't find myself playing much at all, the game has lots of potential. I haven't played the second one, I hope that all the shortcomings of the first one are taken care of in the second one. I watched a preview of the second one and it looked great!

If I were you, I'd go for the second one, the first one gets a bit on the boring side rather quick. Have you tried them Gundemonium games for the PSN, they look pretty ace, I don't have them but I've heard nothing but good things.

!!!!zzz

n00b
Neither are all that great, but Soldner-X 2 is leagues ahead of the first one. If you can grab it on sale, do that.