Jamma to Scart question.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
There's no point in using 12v AND 5V. Just use 12V and put a 390-560ohm resistor across pin 8 and 16 (see the formula in my post above). Then you'll have a spare pin on your DIN connector for (attenuated) audio.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
You can use whatever custom connectors you want at the end that plugs into the supergun as long as the male scart that plugs into the TV uses pin 20 for composite (sync) and pins 2 and 6 for audio.

Mission acomplished then, too easy. My mistake but I removed pin 2 and only have pin 4 and 6 for audio so looks like it's Mono for the time being.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Wired up my SCART cable to individual RCA's today as below.

1: Red, Red Ground
2: Green, Green Ground
3: Blue, Blue Ground
4: Blanking (180ohm), Blanking Ground
5: Sync, Common Ground

I've yet to wire up Audio but it would be as follows,

6: Audio Input A, Audio Ground
7: Audio Input B, Audio Ground

Tested on my Loewe CRT without any resistors on the colour lines as a first test, colours look good but I saw some bleeding of colour especially on the 'SNK' logo. The blue was bleeding out as if it was smudged with someones finger. Unsure if this is because the lack of resistors on the colour lines or if this could be an issue with my CRT.

Also, with my Loewe, I've noticed a 'clicking' very very faint coming from the back of the tube. No picture distortion other than a bit of blurryness on the outer edges of the picture. Heaters are glowing as they should be, cant see any lightshow inside the case which is good news. Probably just being overcautious but then again I did find it on the side of the road and repaired it myself.

Otherwise ALL GOOD!

fabriciom

n00b
Hello, sorry to bring this thread up but I'm about to try this with an LG LCD Monitor with the 3 220 resistors, 1k resistor and 100. Someone mentioned a pot adjustable resistors. Can anyone point me to where I can buy this? Also as I understand, I should use the video ground instead of the jamma ground?

-Thanks