Hard plastic blisterpack neo-geo cd game ???

CIB

n00b
Was lurking around on ebay and saw this:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/180609792853
I've been collecting those kind of blisterpacks for various systems for around ten years and this is the very first time I ever see a neo geo-cd game packed this way.
Anyone own or has ever actually seen a game sealed like this ?

CIB

n00b
Definitely not, they were added by a couple of the major distributors in France.
Most of the master system, nes, megadrive and super nintendo games were sold in those blisterpacks back in the days (I remember going to the video game shop as a kid and watching them for hours :lolz: ), but I had never seen a neo-geo cd game packed this way

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
It also looks like a re-shrink job on the game itself...looks very shifty if you ask me

plus, didnt all region NGCD releases come with a spine?

hoop-jones

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
plus, didnt all region NGCD releases come with a spine?

Yes, they did as far as i know.
Even though this blister packaging looks official, the missing spine makes it quite obvious that this is a repackaged copy.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
the shrinkwrap for me is the dead giveaway its odd. obviously a complete repackage of what I imagine is a used game

but it is going for pretty damn cheap...someone should buy it just to check it out

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the op is the seller and advertising/fishing for intel.

For god's sake, he's from FRANCE man! enough said.

CIB

n00b
well, actually, I'm not the seller.
I just posted to show something I had never seen and ask for information.
"he's from FRANCE man! enough said."
remembers me Dion's hours of glory with all his racists posts. Funny to see that some things change, but others don't.

Heath

, cheyne stoking
well, actually, I'm not the seller.
I just posted to show something I had never seen and ask for information.
"he's from FRANCE man! enough said."
remembers me Dion's hours of glory with all his racists posts. Funny to see that some things change, but others don't.

Your not the seller??? its just coincidence that the ebay id of the seller is cibich66 and your N-G.com username is CIB.

CIB

n00b
pure coincidence, but I must admit pretty funny.
here is my ebay account: http://myworld.ebay.fr/tortue-geniale
Here is an item I have sold last week
http://cgi.ebay.fr/150531330548
Interesting point is, I have taken the picture in my room, in front of my tv and I will make another one tomorrow if you want with a big "chhhhh conspiracy is going on here !!!" pancart in front of it if you want.

Now, I just wanted to know if anybody had ever seen one of those. Why is it always on the neo-geo forums that people have to act like this ? I mean, when I had found something similar for the pc engine, the guys didn't act this way...

CIB

n00b
Yeah, pure coincidence (even if I admit, it's funny).
Well, I just wanted to know if someone actually knew about those for neo-geo cd, I guess not.

PS: my ebay account is "tortue-geniale"

hoop-jones

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Even if he was the seller, there´s no need for hostile comments because he is from France.

You can´t blame a whole country just because a few people there are producing conversions, bootlegs and whatever...

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
There is no reason why it can;t be official.

In Japan, I have seen shops that shrink wrap or blister pack 2nd hand games.
Seems a big waste of time to me, especially as you can't see what you are buying properly until you get it home.

Heath

, cheyne stoking

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Sorry, I know that they exist but as I said before I have seen them in Japan on used games.
I suppose done by the large resellers to protect the old games.

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Hello

I never see it in france in 94/95 and i buy somme new official importation but you have the logo of the compagny who import officialy the neogeo in france: Guillemot

it's probably an specific packadge for a big compagny of variety store

CIB

n00b
sent a mail to the seller to see if he had any more infos about the games.
not much interesting news about where they came from, but he sent me pictures of other games he has sealed this way:

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

might interest the archivists

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm pretty sure they were resealed by the same guys who did your older ones that you own, the back cutout is the same.

All I know is some idiots are falling for this shit, he already sold 2 of them for $80+ on ebay.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Used to be? I can assure you, we are still cunts.