Greetings from Denver

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Hey everyone,

I'm a newbie to neo-geo.com. I used to be into the Neo in the mid to late nineties (and participated on the dhp mailing list), then kinda got out of it for various reasons. I've always enjoyed it and I think getting Neo games on the Wii is what prompted me to come back to the real thing.

So I grabbed an AES and have been building up a small collection again.

This is a nice place, I've already learned lots of good tidbits. Looking forward to more.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Yip, good to see you found the correct path to neo love again :D

jon713

Camel Slug
Hey Welcome!

Same here, was into it then strayed away but now I'm back! Great site here lots of info and good deals. :D

I already have a cab but I've always wanted the AES, what to do? How much you get yours for?

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Thanks for the welcome guys! My AES just arrived today, woot!

I already have a cab but I've always wanted the AES, what to do? How much you get yours for?

Honestly I paid too much for it. Lesson learned. It came with UniBios 3.0 and full audio/video mods.

I'm really happy with it though. I must have gotten lucky because S-Video looks *great* on my LCD. Just as good as when I had a Neo CD back in the day hooked up to a CRT via S-Vid. Component doesn't output a picture, and that might just be the reality of it, have to keep tinkering with it. Composite looks absolutely dreadful.

Of course being an HDTV the shadow "transparency" trick doesn't work correctly, and that kinda blows. But at least for now, I'm very happy with the picture overall.

jon713

Camel Slug
This retro game store in Houston called player 1 has a neo geo for sale. I think hes asking for 350 now. Comes with 1 controller, and nam.

When I first saw it a few months ago he was selling it for 250. He also has a memory card for 30 bucks.

still a bit high for me but I guess thats the norm?

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
For a stock, unmodded Neo? That seems high to me. I think you could get one from Japan off eBay and even with shipping still do better. There are occassional AES's located in the US on eBay too, and they tend to be around $200.

Even here in Denver there is a store that has a Neo for $235: http://denver.craigslist.org/vgm/2088468119.html

Yay Denver!

Anyone in Denver area into Candies?

I have refurbed 3 MVS's and sold to locals... but now I want a sit-down.. I know juanjuan had some for sale a year ago...

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Welcome to the forums.

Anyone in Denver area into Candies?

Me and there's a few others in the area that I know of that are. Took me about 5 years to replace all my woodies with an all candy setup since they don't show up for sale that often around here.

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
Interesting to see people in CO here. I'm in Centennial. Got a 2 slot big red.

Welcome.

@twalden

Know of anyone interested in selling? I dont want to hijack the thread, but love to hear people in the Denver area are into candies... met several people with large collections of woody's... like Exidy (John http://www.arcade-classics.com/) in Parker

@malignantpoodle

Im in Centennial also :buttrock:

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
For reals?!

Man what a sigh of relief. I moved here from Austin about 3 years ago and the gaming scene just appeared dead... all kinds of gaming. No LAN parties, no arcades, no game designers coming down to show of their products. I was starting to think I was the only one here. Heck only thing I could find on meetup.com was a group of people that play obscure board games.

I've a big red cab which you can see here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daRf4Z6ayGM

It's mostly me talking about it but I do show off a game towards the end.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
@twalden

Know of anyone interested in selling?

Sorry, don't know of anything right now. Your best bet is Craigslist or checking with Ken at the Gameroom. I drove out to Utah to pick up a cab from him a few years ago, it was actually cheaper than having it shipped.

I've held a few small meet ups in the past with Neo and shmups members. We're here, but there seems to be fewer of us than in other parts of the country.