Pulstar im afraid

Ive played the crap out of blazeing star for at least 3 years on mvs. Ive read alot of reviews ect always saying that its a great game and that but its a tad easy. Well i got to be honest im not the greatest at this genre of games always been better at 2d fighters. But i found blazeing star to be pretty bloody mental at points and very difficult. Fair enough the first few stages arnt to bad when i was playing it flat out i used to be able to get to the level with the twirling fans and the giant ship boss that had multiple parts. Once i got to that boss i was trashed well truely from there on in the last boss that baby thing i cant imagine doing that without a boad load of credits.
That all being said i got alot out of blazeing star loved the game and would always come back to it trying to get further and further on less and less lives.

This brings me to how worried should i be?
I just bought Pulstar AES from Hit Japan every review says its a hell of alot harder than Pulstar. What should i expect is it harder as in more and more bulllets or a faster pace ect
Im really looking forward to putting some hours into it just a tad worried im going to get my arse kicked :)
anyone played it let me know what you think.