Any AZ Neo-heads?

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I know that the scene for Neo-Geo is probably non-existent in Arizona (much less Tucson) , but I thought I'd take a shot in the dark.

Last edited:

nonegeo

n00b
I know that the scene for Neo-Geo is probably non-existent in Arizona (much less Tucson) , but I thought I'd take a shot in the dark.

This maybe a long shot but I just moved to AZ and just trying to connect with people around the area.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
LOL 9 years later he gets a reply!

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
be weary of 2DMaster, he's a wandering torturer looking for his next victim

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
Hahaha. Better late than never.

I am in Tucson, so if your'e in PHX, your'e SOL.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I'm surprised there aren't more Phoenix members. This site is basically a retirement community, after all.

Beckett

n00b
I’m in Phoenix myself. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of Neo Geo representation at local arcades, conventions, or the general collecting circle unfortunately..

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I saw a Neo-Geo Gold in an old pizza parlor today in Mesa. Had of all games Baseball Stars 2 and Football Frenzy as the two game choices.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I saw a Neo-Geo Gold in an old pizza parlor today in Mesa. Had of all games Baseball Stars 2 and Football Frenzy as the two game choices.

That was a combo I saw more than once back in the day, always at Round Table Pizza’s. Fighting games were relegated to the laundry mat, until the fighting game boom was in full effect, lol.

It’s like someone had the idea to put sports games where people would already be watching sports. ^_^

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Electric Bat Arcade in Tempe has what looks like a 2 slot Neo-Geo in a picture posted by them during the Labor Day holiday. I'll have to check that place out ;)

Beckett

n00b
Electric Bat Arcade in Tempe has what looks like a 2 slot Neo-Geo in a picture posted by them during the Labor Day holiday. I'll have to check that place out ;)

Never heard of them. Will have to check them out!

They have a barcade opening in Gilbert soon, hopefully they’ll have one too.. Would be cool if one of them do a Bring Your Own Cart night, or just even put a NeoSD in one. Definitely tired of the same multicart in every MVS I play..

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Checked out Electric Bat Arcade. It's inside a side door hallway in the Yucca Tap Room Bar itself. A total of 14 pinballs (12 newer Sterns, one from a company I never heard of and a classic Bally) and a handful of uprights (Street Fighter 2 CE, Ultimate MK3, Area 51/Max Force Duo, House of the Dead 2, Original Q-bert, original Mario Bros. and yep...a single slot Neo-Geo featuring Bust-A-Move. The header is from a 2-slot game and has the Bust-A-Move mini with a Metal Slug mini that says 'coming soon'.

Nice effort and if you're into pinballs, this may be a place to play though at $1 a game...OUCH! (Fortunately according to the signs on the token machines, any unused tokens may be traded in for beer!) but from a personal standpoint...disappointed in the place.

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
A big-ass Japanese backed 'Round 1' entertainment center ( arcade included) just opened up here in Tucson. Was gonna check it out next weekend. Anybody in Tucson up for a meet up?

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
A big-ass Japanese backed 'Round 1' entertainment center ( arcade included) just opened up here in Tucson. Was gonna check it out next weekend. Anybody in Tucson up for a meet up?
Heard about that from my supervisor since it opened up across the street from one of our Peter Piper Pizza's. Wouldn't mind making a special trip down to the Old Pueblo to take a looksee in the hopefully near future.

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
Heard about that from my supervisor since it opened up across the street from one of our Peter Piper Pizza's. Wouldn't mind making a special trip down to the Old Pueblo to take a looksee in the hopefully near future.

PM me if you head over. Would be cool to meet up.