R-Type Irem M72 Cap Question for Jamma sound

Testocules

Fio's Quartermaster
I need a little help from someone that has a Japanese R-type board. I would like to verify the values of a few of the caps around the amp.

The Japanese version looks like this.

rtype_amp.jpg

Apparently there are two versions of the R-Type hardware. The American version licensed by Nintendo was not set up to use the on board amp to produce amplified sound to the JAMMA edge.

Below you will see an American version of R-Type that is missing Caps at C101, C102 and C108 positions.

rtype3.png

Can someone that has the Japanese version verify what caps are needed at those three positions?

Thanks!

SuperDeadite

Zero's Tailor
C101+ 102 : 2200uF 16V
C108: 1uF 50v

I have 5 M72 Japanese boards, including an original R-Type. They all use these same caps. :)

Testocules

Fio's Quartermaster
I did not know you could do that, I thought different games required different PALs even on the same hardware....

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I did not know you could do that, I thought different games required different PALs even on the same hardware....

On some Irem boards the PALs don't even do anything. I think someone had one and removed the PAL and nothing different happened, pretty weird.

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
Hi, my irem m72 has a lot of old brown caps and i wanna do a full recap wirh quality stuff. where can i get a full list and what brand do you recommend? thanks