Mushihimesama Futari just kicked my ass!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I just picked up a copy of Mushihimesama Futari three hours ago, came home, popped it in, and proceeded to get the ever loving shit kicked out of me!

Now I know Deathsmiles is one of Cave's easier games, but I can at least get to Jitterbug on one credit. Still haven't 1cc'd the game yet though.

But jesus, Mushihimesama Futari is a fucking nightmare compared to Deathsmiles. I managed to get past the first stage without getting hit, but from stage 2 to the end, I probably went through 10 credits.

Anyone have some links to some good strategy write-ups for the game? I really need it haha :hammer:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
What mode? What character? If it's way too hard try novice just to get a feel for the system and level layouts. I can give you some helpful pointers but really practice practice and more practice is the best advice. "original" and "maniac" have completely different score mechanics so the way you play varies ALOT.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Yeah, I agree that practicing will bring a lot of improvement. Personally, I don't jump around with different modes or characters. Just find the character that fits you best and keep at it. You might notice a big side-to-side momentum of your path (as defined by the bullet and enemy patterns) so getting into the "groove" of the game is important.

The Cave of Shooting is the first place I go when I'm confused about a game's system. Unfortunately, they only go up (chronologically) to Galuda II, so if it's the system that's got you stumped, take a look for the original Futari thread. I remember asking AgustusX and getting a very helpful response.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
So I played for a few more hours on version 1.5 (360 version) and can now get to stage 4 on one credit...die at the mid-boss. Its not as difficult as I first thought, just needed to get the patterns down a bit more and get to learn the scoring system (which is pretty complex compared to Deathsmiles)

Was just suprised at the initial difficulty, especially since its only my 2nd Cave shmup. Castle Shikigami 2 / 3 never gave me that type of hell at first, and I could get to the end boss in Deathsmiles on 1 credit in about the first 4 hours or so.

Eh...glad to have the challenge. I don't know if I could ever 1cc this thing though, considering I've had deathsmiles for months and still cant 1cc the damn thing

Chempop

Original or Maniac mode? Which character and shot type? I can give some tips but I'd need to know this first.

Personally I find Abnormal Palm easier for Original Mode and Normal Reco for Maniac Mode.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I've been playing v1.5 original mode (360)

Using the girl (name escapes me) with the abnormal shot.

Where I get into trouble is when the bullet patterns go "organic" on me. I will be doing well, avoiding everything, then a boss will throw out a fast moving bullet pattern that really doesn't have much "pattern" at all. That is when I get nailed.

The scoring system is still a bit of a mystery to me. Some games I have racked up double the amount of points as previous games, and I don't feel like anything is fundamentally different between either playthrough

Thanks everyone for the help so far. Really loving the game

fake

15 Year Member
Well basically, in order to get the highest score, you need to use one of your two shots depending on what color your on-screen score is. In the game itself, this is visualized by giving you larger green crystals. Which shot to use at what time depends on the character and your choice of normal or abnormal shot.

Edit: You're really making me want to throw this back in. But I don't want to give up on Guwange just yet. :lolz:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
ahah...that explains it (the japanese manual has been no help to me haha)

Jesus though...so now I have to pay attention to the on screen bullets and my score color? fuck me!

Thanks though. After I finish up w/ some work I am gonna go sit down with the game for a few hours

fake

15 Year Member
ahah...that explains it (the japanese manual has been no help to me haha)

Jesus though...so now I have to pay attention to the on screen bullets and my score color? fuck me!

Thanks though. After I finish up w/ some work I am gonna go sit down with the game for a few hours

Yeah, it's weird but you will get used to it. Also, at first I had trouble telling the difference between the two colors -- They look to me like "green" and "blue that's almost green." :annoyed: I think they could have gone with green and red or something like that instead.

drunkninja

n00b
If you notice, whenever you pick up a crystal, the number in the upper-left corner also appears next to your character, and will show blue or green there so you don't have to constantly look in the corner to know which shot you should use. The color changes every 500 points on that counter, so you have to be able to react fast in some circumstances if you want to get the most points.

If you get the Black Label DLC, it does make this a bit more lenient. It makes you change every 3000 points, and it gives you an audio cue when it's time to change shot.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I don't look or listen for cues; I shoot with one type if shot until the gems become small. Then, change shot to create big gems.

Keep alternating your shot as needed to produce big gems.

That's it.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I tried to check into the Black Label DLC, but it came back as "no downloadable content available"

wonder if thats cause I have a US acct, or if they removed the dlc

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I tried to check into the Black Label DLC, but it came back as "no downloadable content available"

You can download BL with a US acct. I can't believe they'd stop offering the BL DLC though (despite the freeze bug). It has to be there somewhere.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

Check xbox.com; I got my BL there.

Look for the very last game add-on listed. Should be a bunch of kanji, pic of reco-chan, & 'Black Lavel' (sic) in romanji.

Good luck!

Chempop

Futari's gems glow green for a second when they appear, to score well it is crucial to collect em before they stop glowing. This means that you should point blank as many enemies as possible and make good use of the "gem sucking" (for gems in the air don't shoot or use rapid[C-shot], for gems on the grown use laser [A-shot]). Once you get good at absorbing the green aura gems the game will be much more challenging and a lot more fun, try it out!

I'd like to point out that Abnormal Reco is a strange duck, the way her shots effect her speed is the reverse of normal Cave games, this is why when I use her I reverse the buttons for her shots, it feels more natural to me. Also, she starts off very weak but her A-shot becomes silly strong late in the game.

Abnormal Palm on the other hand is just a beast. His A-shot has those side electricity that locks onto enemies and his forward "ball-looking" shots are strong as hell, especially if you point plank because they don't have a gap in-between bursts. When a boss is changing patterns and lays off for a few seconds take that opportunity to get right in their face and you'll see their life meter drop real quick.

Hope that helps a bit.

j_heiger

Crossed Swords Squire
I am tempted to pop this in again too. But i want to get a bit better at DeathSmiles first....

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
so now that I better understand the scoring system I have been able to GREATLY up my high scores. Still cant get past stage 4 without continuing, but scoring wise I've been able to produce a ton more crystals out of enemies now that I understand how it all works

fake

15 Year Member
Yeah 4 was as far as I've ever gotten on one credit, so you're doing good.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
After playing this for a good amount of time, I just don't think I will ever have the skill (or more like the time) to get every pattern down to 1cc this game. It just seems like it would take such an intense amount of memorization and time that I honestly would just never dedicate to ANY video game. I really do love the game..so I am cool with just hitting continue a few times through a playthrough

I just have to admit to myself that I don't have the skills it would take to memorize every pattern.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
After playing this for a good amount of time, I just don't think I will ever have the skill (or more like the time) to get every pattern down to 1cc this game. It just seems like it would take such an intense amount of memorization and time that I honestly would just never dedicate to ANY video game. I really do love the game..so I am cool with just hitting continue a few times through a playthrough

I just have to admit to myself that I don't have the skills it would take to memorize every pattern.

Did you ever get Black Label?

That is 1cc-able for sure. Keep at it bro!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
No..cant get Black Label. Gonna grab it after xmas, since I won't have time to play many games till after the new year

Still playing...still getting killed at the same points. Going to start training stage 4 over and over again till I can get it down