recent Pulstar japanese boot?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I wouldn't buy anything high ticket from this seller, since he has knowingly sold conversions as originals before.

Studioaudience

Crazed MVS Addict
He sent a email to my ebay account , this guy doesnt get it even after I filed a paypal dispute with him ( escalated to paypal claim) , I let the people on paypal know of his business practices and his possible cart frauds but hes still trying to weasel away from that and pawn off a possibly fake cart on me.

(ebay email he sent)
Dear Friend
thanks for your message, I ask apologies for the delay in my reply, I was on a business trip in Beijing and my hotel did not have wi-fi
I very much regret the delay in my response
Thank you for opening a dispute with PAYPAL for your safety is the best way to avoid losing money.
Please return to Japan today will call upon arrival to the office postalpara know your item and we will send your tracking code
I also appreciate if you could give me a phone number so that you can call and give all the attention you need.
I thank you very much confidence in me and patience
I deeply regret that the article did not receive
I'm sure it's a problem with customs but you have my support my dear friend, that way do not worry.
best regards

Last edited:

Heath

, cheyne stoking
I wouldnt buy anything from him just because his business practice sucks, but Pulstar is very hard to get the insert right, on all conversions ive seen they are allways missing about 3mm off the insert at the top and down the right side, Ive no idea why they cant do this right with Pulstar and im glad they cant. This thread goes into detail about the Pulstar & Blazing Star.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216565

Edit - forgot to say the one he sold isnt missing any artwork.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I think the newer fake manuals have started to get the crop and size more accurate. Might want to take a look at this one. The older fake MS2 manuals used to have incorrectly cropped cover (i.e. missing hat atop the tank), but newer revisions of fake manuals don't have that error:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...si=k4S4JfUYtmCLKYvc%2FEksxwclUp0%3D&viewitem=

I've seen a correctly cropped fake Pulstar manual as well. Unfortunately that listing was private auction and I can't pull an image out of the original listing.

Studioaudience

Crazed MVS Addict
When I compared it to the original it looks pretty close , Sasha says it seems its not mising any artwork :eye:

dudenos

n00b
I recently bought pulstar MVS from some turkey in England. The cart itself looks brand new, even the gold plating seems like it was done yesterday, hardly a scratch on it, so I compared the boards with mvs-scan and it appears to be real.

It came in a plastic case with a cover which was printed on a bubble jet so that's fake.
I don't care about a box or cover. I'm new to this game but I wasn't aware that mvs games came in a case. Did they?

img1010rh.jpg
img1009l.jpg

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
how sure you are that this game is a boot??
because I buy this game from this seller
many thanks

If you bought that copy, perhaps you can post some CLEAR pics, just to be sure?

I recently bought pulstar MVS from some turkey in England. The cart itself looks brand new, even the gold plating seems like it was done yesterday, hardly a scratch on it, so I compared the boards with mvs-scan and it appears to be real.

It came in a plastic case with a cover which was printed on a bubble jet so that's fake.
I don't care about a box or cover. I'm new to this game but I wasn't aware that mvs games came in a case. Did they?

Shockbox & insert are Southtown Homebrew stuff.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEO-GEO-AES-PUL...ames_Games&hash=item336468ea8f#ht_6549wt_1380

Hes trying to pawn off the same copy again on a different account , he ditched selling it to me when i started asking questions.

I really can't tell any difference in terms of cropping between that ebay listing pic and the one from the Pulstar pic in the n-g.c cart pics library. The color difference could be a light & camera effect. If it is indeed a conversion, the maker has certainly done his homework.

Last edited: