Glad CAVE has a FB & twitter...

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
...however; Japhei just tried to friend me on FB.

The fuck, man.

Someone needs to check this fool.

In other news, major update re: my Mom's status coming soon. Keep those Stage 3 no hits coming!

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
The Facebook group wouldn't be so bad if almost every comment wasn't crying about making region free games with no actual game discussion. Get a Japanese or JTAG'ed 360 already.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
The Facebook group wouldn't be so bad if almost every comment wasn't crying about making region free games with no actual game discussion. Get a Japanese or JTAG'ed 360 already.

Cuz those are easily affordable.

fake

15 Year Member
JTAG 360's can be had much cheaper than buying a new 360 in the store...

They're $250 or $300 around Boston. That's more than a brand new system at retail. Plus there's always the possibility that publishers would add some patch to not boot on a j-tagged system. I'm slowly saving for a j360 - dunno if i'll ever get there since all the games I want are $70 to $80 and will only rise with time.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
dunno if i'll ever get there since all the games I want are $70 to $80 and will only rise with time.

Actually, if it makes you feel any better...most of the 360 cave games do not seem to hold their value nearly as much as the ps2 ones. Most of them can be found for pretty reasonable prices used.

Also, Deathsmiles and Futari both got platinum releases that are pretty cheap. Granted, the original Futari release was region free anyway (so maybe you already have it) and Deathsmiles did get a US release (but from what I read it is inferior to the jpn release).

fake

15 Year Member
Actually, if it makes you feel any better...most of the 360 cave games do not seem to hold their value nearly as much as the ps2 ones. Most of them can be found for pretty reasonable prices used.

Also, Deathsmiles and Futari both got platinum releases that are pretty cheap. Granted, the original Futari release was region free anyway (so maybe you already have it) and Deathsmiles did get a US release (but from what I read it is inferior to the jpn release).

Yeah, you're right. I've been waiting for the right time to get DOJ and Mushi for PS2 but they're much pricier than the 360 games.

I have Futari and Galuda II as well as US Deathsmiles, but I'm still itching for Ketsui and especially DFK. If I ever get something that can play Japanese games, I'd get Momaru-Kun and maybe Radilgy Noa too. If I got DSII I wouldn't mind getting the Platinum Collection one, but the other ones, I'd definitely prefer the originals.

I guess I should wait a while - there's still a backlog of Cave games I haven't picked up yet - Don Pachi, Do Don Pachi, and the PS2 games (I wouldn't buy Ibara though). And if I ever get a supergun... oh boy... Progear and ESP.Ra.De

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
They're $250 or $300 around Boston. That's more than a brand new system at retail. Plus there's always the possibility that publishers would add some patch to not boot on a j-tagged system. I'm slowly saving for a j360 - dunno if i'll ever get there since all the games I want are $70 to $80 and will only rise with time.

xbox-scene has some great users, you can get jtag's under $150 shipped. No idea who's charging 250-300 but they're nuts. That's like those sites that want $400 for a pre-modded ps2, suddenly a $30 modchip and 30 minutes of someone's time equals $300... :rolleyes:

fake

15 Year Member
xbox-scene has some great users, you can get jtag's under $150 shipped. No idea who's charging 250-300 but they're nuts. That's like those sites that want $400 for a pre-modded ps2, suddenly a $30 modchip and 30 minutes of someone's time equals $300... :rolleyes:

Hmm I'll have to check it out.

fake

15 Year Member
Looks like they've got 3 games to announce in February according to Asada.

PinkSweets

King's Dry Cleaner
Asada's blog.
That's something to look forward to. I'm curious as to what the announcements will bring.
He updates quite often for anyone interested.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
so what is Cave's FB page? I can't locate it...